Imperial fists and vanguard squads

nusphigor

Hello brothers!

I was looking forward to paint my primaris minis as dark angels but many things dishartened me and i'm thinking i wanna go fists with these minis too.

So, i wanted to as you guys on what do you guys think of vanguard squads within the chapter?

I have 10 infiltrators divided in 2 squads with a sgt and a helix adept each as i dont want to use the vanguard command.

How would you recommend me to play them in a fluffy way? (i enjoy more the narrative side of the game more than anything else)

How would you interpret their capabilities in a narrative? Any symbols or deeds ideas?

Thank you and i hope you guys can help me with this

Hmmm. Good question. Ok, so 10th company "eyes of Dorn" means no border color on the shoulder, just yellow. Battleline squad means white or black arrow(s) on the right shoulder pads with Roman numerals denoting the squad number.

Narrative: Patrols, reconnaissance--close comms with heavy fire support. In game terms, using reserves for ambush. ...Commanded by Metrois Carr. Helix adepts might have some training or interaction with Talan Dyserna, chief apothecary. The vanguard are actually very experienced. Scouts graduate to 8th or 9th companies, before continuing on. Likewise imperial fists typically train fire support before battleline. So, don't be lulled into a false sense of safety, these guys aren't green, they'd go toe to toe with any Marines. Russ's savagery might be great for sagas, but these gents are guided by a far more dangerous combat gene-- cold calculated rational decision making, coupled with obscenely overzealous discipline training.

I suspect if you keep with the 10th company narrative you'd want to, in the future, buy bikes, and land speeders (well the new primaris versions).

• 2 weeks later...

Imperial fists have always used scouts. Remember that Infiltrators are a battle line squad and can take the place of Intercessors and tactical squads in Battle and Tactical Reserve companies. Infiltrator's rules fit Fists' fluff really well. Infiltration is a key part of sieges and trench warfare. Their infiltration rules can be interpreted as them being Storm troop analogues who identify weakpoints and lead the breakthrough. Their deployment denial is can be interpreted as them acting as sentries who prevent enemy infltration of defensive positions. And of course they are experts marksmen with bolters.

Thank you brothers.
The idea of forward sentries sell them more for me, i will act upon that.

Maybe brothers seconded to the 3rd company, as i have the mini of tor garadon.

Cheers!