Psychic awakening 9 content?

jimbo1701

Hi all.

Now we approach the endgame I wondered what people’s thoughts were on the content of the final psychic awakening book. We’ve seen in the trailer that we have some new characters (stern and her harlequin pal, an inquisitors and maxes out szeras) and from the original ca faction symbol teaser the only remaining factions are necrons and sisters of battle.

I’m therefore anticipating these 4 datasheets and updates for the necrons and sisters in the same format as the other updates. But will there be anything else? I hold out some vain hope that the white dwarf articles for inquisition, deathwatch and harlequins May be in there as well as it makes no sense to not have all the factions represented through PA books.

Anyone else have any thoughts / info?

The Sunday Preview has implied that the Inquisition rules will be more than a reprint- they say it is now EASIER for an Inquisitor to join an Imperial Army, which implies at least SOME change.

My hope has always been that the Chambers Militant of each Ordo would get some kind of synergy when working with an Inquisitor. GW has downplayed the Chamber Militant concept in 8th, but given what a Psychic Awakening is, and what it might represent, I think this would be a convenient place in the ongoing narrative to address these connections.

I don't think we'll see Deathwatch or Harlies printed in PA.

Given that Harlies just got their WD PA, Sisters being the last dex of 8th and Crons likely being the first dex of 9th, I suspect that if we get any rules for these three factions, it will be limited to build your own Order/ Troupe/ Dynasty and a name generator.

They will also be previewing the book all week, so we'll learn a little bit more every day from here on in.

I wonder how the last PA book is supposed to set up the Necrons as the (rumored) new ultimate bad guys of the setting for 9th edition. After reading the first four PA books I've seen nothing to suggest that chaos will be eclipsed by the Necrons anytime soon.

I wonder how the last PA book is supposed to set up the Necrons as the (rumored) new ultimate bad guys of the setting for 9th edition. After reading the first four PA books I've seen nothing to suggest that chaos will be eclipsed by the Necrons anytime soon.

The answer to your question is Bad Stuff TM.

However, I think this is the Necrons’ next step on the path to completely eradicating/suppressing the Warp on a galactic scale, which would be bad for the imperium. No FLT, no FTL comms, no psykers, no teleporting, etc. other races may be hit more or less hard, but chaos is going to get the brunt of it if the Necrons succeed at what I think they’re doing.

The Table of Contents was shown on today's 40K Daily. I assume it will be printed as part of one of the PA previews this week, if not it'll show up when pre-orders go live.

Quick breakdown:

Kallides' Quest (narrative background): pp 4-21

Missions: pp 22-31

Index: Inquisition: pp 32-51

Heroes and Villains (datasheets): pp 52-57

Theatres of War: pp 58-76+

So the Theatres of War section is the only part that's somewhat surprising. It's pretty much what you expect, the kind of stuff that was in the basic rulebook and Chapter Approved, updated with new stratagems and other terrain rules.

Going to be a pretty slender volume. Have any of the previous PA books been under 80 pages?

Was hoping for build your own Order/ Dynasty/ Troupe. Not asking for much. The 9 theatres of war may be interesting, but I'd rather have the build your own stuff. Now that scenery has four types and twelve keywords for an unlimited number of combinations, I believe theatres of war aren't as essential as they once were.

Bit disappointing to be honest. Aside from a couple of new datasheets and theatres of war (which to be fair could have been spread throughout the volumes) there’s nothing useful in there.

Necrons were in the table of updates before PA came out so a single data sheet is poor, though it’s obvious a new codex is imminent so that’s fine. Sisters were also in the roster but no new rules for them (I guess they’re shoehorning their codex release in there as it was during the PAperiod)

Inquisition will be a few new strats / rules atop a WD article. They should have put harlequins and deathwatch in here so they wouldn’t have been confined simply to a white dwarf.

Edited by jimbo1701

TBH, the Theatres of War should probably have been released in each of the respective PA books...

Still I hope they'll have a bit of meat to them: they've done those kinds of rules before with a big song and dance (generally for a white dwarf or Chapter approved), and then it turns out to be a single extra rule or something

I wonder how the last PA book is supposed to set up the Necrons as the (rumored) new ultimate bad guys of the setting for 9th edition.

I don’t think it’s supposed to? Like, yeah, Necrons will get a focus, but the rumors of Necrons becoming the “big bads” for this Edition sound more like fan interpretation/reductionism than anything intended by the creators.

Well, it's my understanding that the last PA is the book where the Imperium discovers the Pariah nexus, or rather, the fact that the Necrons are in there advancing their plan to destroy every living race by crippling warp activity.

Obviously, the Imperium goes there to stop this plan. And when they do, they learn that there is in fact a far greater variety of Necron Xenotypes than originally observed.

You know, like the new models in 9th.