New model wishlist, for when admech get their next update

Hi folks. We’ve been utterly spoiled by models in the past year and are unlikely to get any more for some time to come. Got me brainstorming some ideas for what could be added:

Skitarii dominus, basically a huge weaponised front line leader for the skitarii as depicted in the books.

Robots - another class of antiquated robots to go alongside the kastellans

Servitors - no multipart plastic kit exists for these cannon fodder units.

Different types of tech priest as elite supporting units ie geneator.

Any other suggestions ?

I am looking forward to the oft-suggested Skitarii HQ that you mentioned, but we really need some form of elite Skitarii that would be useful inside the new air transport we have. Currently that flier doesn't have much of a niche from what I hear so some bulky troops that can be useful in squads of 5-6 would be nice. I suppose they would play a bit like Kataphrons but small enough to fit into transports without a problem. I guess they would have to sacrifice some firepower for the potential mobility though? If they end up armed with heavy stubbers though, I will have to start a riot. :p

Some multipart plastic servitors would benefit several armies so I would look forward to those from a modelling perspective more than a gaming one, and as for tech priests, you can never have too many tech priests to choose from. 

A fast robot we have the Kastelan that is almost like the template for Castellax bots from 30k it would be nice to have something like the Vorax, search and destroy murder bots! 

I really had to think about this. There's so many good ideas... and needs for the army.

I am now thinking it would be very cool to have a Kastelan Variant, or some sort of monstrosity variant that has Indirect Fire. It's bee so incredibly good for my Skorpius' and puts the army on a level that is a better choice competitively against other shooty armies.

Definitely more robots, the Legio Cybernetica must have additional types. 3 or 4 more robot types would be cool.

More types of Tech Priest.

Skitari Alpha Prime.

Heavy weapon Skitarii who are bulkier with heavier armour and have heavy weapons.

Definitely a set of normal servitors, styled like x-101 from the BSF expansion set.

Far away I’d guess, what with the new release. I’d love an elite ranged skitarii unit but feel the only thing we could improve would be T or save. I mean we have other units that can fulfill the roll usually provided by elites; we’ve got plasma on vanguards and deep strikes on infiltrators.

I’d love the above tougher unit but even then kataphrons come very close. Not sure what to do really.

I would like a skitarii alpha leader type that I could customize to go either ranged or melee

Slightly off topic but one thing I would love is if the cawl model were usable as a generic dominus alpha. I have it sitting in my box primed but as I’ve always played Ryza I know there’s no chance it will ever see the field. I’m pretty certain this will never happen but one can hope.

Slightly off topic but one thing I would love is if the cawl model were usable as a generic dominus alpha. I have it sitting in my box primed but as I’ve always played Ryza I know there’s no chance it will ever see the field. I’m pretty certain this will never happen but one can hope.

Yes I agree, he needs the ability to join any forgeworld. I know he's Mars, but maybe something like Shadowsun has.

Yes I agree, he needs the ability to join any forgeworld. I know he's Mars, but maybe something like Shadowsun has.

It's worse than that, almost every appearance he's had has him fighting as part of an Explorator force, or a dedicated household of his own, or as part of an allied force, or in cahoots with another forge world for "reasons" (Stygies VIII gets more time with him, I think, than any particular interest of Mars)!

He should basically have been unaligned or like Astra Militarum special advisors to start with, IMHO.

---

My wish-list:

- close combat Skitarii TANKS. (Literal or walker-y like an Onager, not just beefy infantry.)

- beefy Tech-Priests like Destructors and Secutors. (These are the beefy infantry.)

- Necromunda Ambots with profiles to be useable by us

- some of those techpriest tanks, y'know, the ones that basically get so heavily upgraded that they become more tank or super-heavy or fortifiction than 'single tech-priest model'.

Remember that time the Fabricator-General looked more like a hab-block than a person? That sort of stuff!

Edited by Xisor

Maybe I'm bias (Oh, I definitely am) because I'm starting to build one as something of a centerpiece for my AdMech, but a dedicated super-heavy in the form of a Micro Ordinatus weapon platform; a LoW that completely synergies with the AdMech line in a way that Knights are supposed to, but struggle to, really.