Do transfers "expire?"

Ive got several old sheets of transfers from 3rd Edition age kits. Many of these have turned yellow over time.

If I attempt to use these with MicroSol and MicroSet, will the yellow go away? I only ask because there are some designs and markings that no longer appear on modern transfer sheets.

Hi. I have personally found that old transfers seem to work okay. I've got the 2nd edition Rhino door transfers on this Knight's leg. I can' see any yellowing on the transfer. I did try to use an old Blood Angel campaign badge on the Knight's banner (not pictured). It didn't come off the backing paper very well and disintegrated when I tried to use my thumb to move it, so I think old transfers are a bit more fragile than they used to be. I would personally do a few tests with any spare transfers from the sheet you are unlikely to use if you have any doubts.

IMG 20200604 100653

Older transfers that get too much sun might turn yellow.  I don't think there's any way to remove that, but it's also likely the backing paper that is yellow rather than the transfer itself.

I've had issues with older transfers getting brittle and breaking easily.  Microsol helps, but it is an increased risk.

I realise it's far too late for these potentially, but if you have any other out of production, or high value (cost or difficulty to replace) decals, I can't recommend enough sealing them in a zippy bag and putting them in a dark drawer, it protects them from the wider atmosphere. 

I realise it's far too late for these potentially, but if you have any other out of production, or high value (cost or difficulty to replace) decals, I can't recommend enough sealing them in a zippy bag and putting them in a dark drawer, it protects them from the wider atmosphere. 

Not even in a zip lock, I used one of those folder A4 document protector sheets folded over in a box and my 3rd ed decals still look new out of box. Yellowed decals can be degraded at that point with breakage a high possibility. If the decals are yellowed I wouldn't be using decal softener IMO