Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos Quartermaster

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

I am Alpharius.

The forges of the Dark Mechanicus churn out weapons and wargear at a blistering pace.  With the opening of the Crimson Scar entirely forgotten patterns of destruction are forged anew.

I bought an Alpha Legion Dreadnought at Chicago Gamesday nearly 20 years ago.

Languishing in the darkness he has completely succumbed to madness,  ignored and forgotten,  until now. 

Finding weapons for this relic unit has always been a problem. Enter the new digital age. 

I modeled,  and sculpted a replica of the legacy Twin Lascannon. Then 3d printed it. It's not perfect,  there are some details and surface irregularities that need addressed but,  glory to the dark gods I'm so psyched. If I can model it,  I can make it. 

The way of destruction is open. 

Let the floodgates of woe spill their malice upon the world. 

gallery_13104_13236_839247.jpg

• Machine God, Lucerne, Iron Father Ferrum and 7 others like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,275 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Old AL boxnaught was one of the better looking ones back in the day when each legion had one. thumbsup.gif

• mel_danes likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts

Out of curiosity, what were your print settings?

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

Out of curiosity, what were your print settings?

.05mm layer height, standard 8sec exposure for Elegoo ABS grey. I'm using an Epax X1 so the light is slightly stronger than a standard Photon.
I want to print the main body again with a different orientation to the plate, possibly to reduce the stepping.
I've just primed the weapon, you can still see the steps on just one surface, but with paint at table distance, it will look ace.

Edited by mel_danes, 28 June 2020 - 06:02 PM.

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,572 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Nice work! I’ve really regretted not buying that lascannon when I had the chance. Looking forward to any subsequent work.

Edited by Juggernut, 25 June 2020 - 11:47 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts

Have you considered adding some "Chaos trim" to the lascannon barrels, in the style of the helbrute/havoc weapons?

Edited by Lucerne, 04 July 2020 - 07:36 PM.

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

I had not Lucerne.
Only as I was trying to see if I could indeed get close enough to the original form.
However that now being successful a detail enhanced version with current design aesthetic could be cool.
Once I'm moved into my house, it may be something to look at.

• Excessus likes this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,648 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Have you considered adding some "Chaos trim" to the lascannon barrels, in the style of the helbrute/havoc weapons?

Nooo, not trim! :P 

(I got ptsd from painting chaos trims for tears! :D

Seriously though, it looks good and would look very nice with proper trims. 

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users