Do Valerian and Aleya work now?

Bit of a random thing here, but the points cost for these two can be seen in the leaked marine stuff. It's going to be 200 for the pair, so they've at least lost the dumb issue of accidentally costing double what they are meant to. 125 for Ephrael Stern and her harlequin friend.

If those leaks were correct. I don't really see how 200p can be justified for them. I played them against my friends Death Guard recently and they did pretty much nothing...kinda like the other SoS I brought, sadly. :P

They're absolute garbage if they're 200pts. Valerian is a :cusse shield captain because his spear is inferior to an axe and his rules leave much to be desired, and aleya serves no purpose since SoS are dead on arrival.

I wouldn't get overly upset about these Black Library characters being mediocre

Most of BL/GW models have had average rules at best. Commissar Raine is an awesome model, meh rules and I will just use her as a regular commissar. Sly Marbo was the same too, fun but not competitive.

Seems these two fall into the same bucket. Use them as they are or have them as alternate models.