Bladeguard in Black Templars

Wispy

One is forced to wonder, though, if it degrades the integrity of the armour's sealing properties (void combat, toxins, radiation, etc.). Of course, I suppose none of those helmetless battle-brothers care for those things either. :mellow.:

What is it about helmetless marines? The Emperor improved on the Thunder Warrior open air design for a reason! 

the most important thing to me for now is the rules. Like I already said in the 9th edition room I fear something which makes our CT irrelevant and each other chapter would be better with them but on the other hand I hope there will be something that fit perfectly like reroll wounds or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

It annoys me that the leaked unit profile doesn't mention anything about being able to take more than 3 models in the unit. Given how Elite slots will be crowded with the new detachment costs (at least my lists tend to often end up quite Elite-heavy), it's really gonna suck trying to justify a slot for just three of them because they're not going to be particularly impactful. Like, I'm contemplating getting two of the Indomitus box, but the Bladeguard is gonna be a lot less interesting if it's only three models max - in addition to taking up the slot, any stratagems used on the unit become less useful due to its small size. And kinda makes the Bladeguard Ancient seem like a joke - the PL is the same as the Bladeguard unit itself, so assuming points costs are also even roughly similar, why would you ever take the Ancient instead of another squad of the Veterans? Although this is already a problem with many other banner units in various armies, so nothing new in that sense, but the second aura of this Ancient only even affects Bladeguard untis.

It depends what happens to them I guess - will they get the Suppressors treatment (no box, stay limited to 3) or the Aggressor/Inceptor treatment (multipart box, 3-6).

I would guess they will prove popular enough for GW to want to capitalise on their profit by making a kit, but who knows!

Bladeguard (i.e., Sword Brethren with Shields) strike me as a Primaris update to the OG Imperial Fists Legion Templar Brethren (in addition to a number of other Great Crusade era units for various Legions), but with not enough Maltese crosses or laurels (or chains).

Still, it would be nice if we see the unit options eventually expanded so that we can see a bit more diversity, allowing players of the Black Templars Chapter (and other Chapters) to create more varied thematic models like this guy.

Will BT BladeGuards get the Sword Brother key word?

I hope they eventually do because they're pretty much a straight up update of our old Sword Brethren, all they are missing is the Chapter iconography. Right now they cant be given the <Sword Brethren> keyword because they dont have the <Company Veteran> keyword that makes them eligible for the Vigilus detachment but I honestly hope GW throws us a bone somehow and puts a small paragraph like "Bladeguard units in Black Templar detachemnts gain the Sword Brethren keyword".

My source says that there is a mutlipart kit in the works for them, but not sure if they will be available in units bigger than 3. Bikes eventually will I know that much, but not sure about Bladeguard

Seriously doubt it, honestly. 

My source says that there is a mutlipart kit in the works for them, but not sure if they will be available in units bigger than 3. Bikes eventually will I know that much, but not sure about Bladeguard

Seriously doubt it, honestly.

Good news on the multipart kit, can your source confirm the existence of Greatswords if possible :)

Maybe a strat for Sword Bros like Vigilus?

I cannot describe the depth of my shock if this hadn't been the case.

As for how many that will be able to be in the unit in the future, its 50-50 for now I guess, based on how it's been for other units.

Edited by Reinhard

The box datasheets are always very limited to the contents. The codex usually has more information.

Thing is, unless they FAQ in the entire unit profiles, it's not like we're getting a new Codex any time soon. We bloody well better not be, the old one hasn't even been out for a year, never mind the IF supplement! There's only so much greed they can get away with.

It's coming like a freight train. We are already so many datasheets behind.

- Bladeguard Ancient

- Bladeguard Vets

- Judiciar

- New Lieutenant armament

- New Captain options

- Outriders

- Mario Kart thing

- Primaris Chaplain on bike

- Primaris Techmarine

- Leaked Landspeeder thing

- Leaked tank with twin onslaught cannons

- Hammerfall Turret

- The autocannon/last talon turret.

You really think they're going to let that many SM units run around without a codex?

It's coming like a freight train. We are already so many datasheets behind.

- Bladeguard Ancient

- Bladeguard Vets

- Judiciar

- New Lieutenant armament

- New Captain options

- Outriders

- Mario Kart thing

- Primaris Chaplain on bike

- Primaris Techmarine

- Leaked Landspeeder thing

- Leaked tank with twin onslaught cannons

- Hammerfall Turret

- The autocannon/last talon turret.

You really think they're going to let that many SM units run around without a codex?

:teehee: