Bladeguard in Black Templars

Wispy

It annoys me that the leaked unit profile doesn't mention anything about being able to take more than 3 models in the unit. Given how Elite slots will be crowded with the new detachment costs (at least my lists tend to often end up quite Elite-heavy), it's really gonna suck trying to justify a slot for just three of them because they're not going to be particularly impactful. Like, I'm contemplating getting two of the Indomitus box, but the Bladeguard is gonna be a lot less interesting if it's only three models max - in addition to taking up the slot, any stratagems used on the unit become less useful due to its small size. And kinda makes the Bladeguard Ancient seem like a joke - the PL is the same as the Bladeguard unit itself, so assuming points costs are also even roughly similar, why would you ever take the Ancient instead of another squad of the Veterans? Although this is already a problem with many other banner units in various armies, so nothing new in that sense, but the second aura of this Ancient only even affects Bladeguard untis.

This happened in Shadowspear as well. Some units might be locked at 3 models (like they did the Eliminators), while others will likely have room to add more models.

To those who don't listen to/watch the warhammer podcast, this most recent one was with Wade and Peachy. Peachy says in this podcast that he's going to start a Black Templars force because of the bladeguard. I'm hopeful that we'll get to see some more painting videos featuring them.

Ah nice. Think the BT popularity will improve with this new edition.

Exciting times ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

113149499_10218209189006890_542094521780

Check this out, found it on the black templar facebook group. Confirmed that a bladeguard multi part kit is on its way. Look at the poses, very different from the indomitus box guys. I have high hopes that we will see the squads go to 3-6, maybe even an alternate weapon option. 

I really hope for Hammers with the bladeguard, but since they are named BLADEguard, my hopes are minimal, at best for HAMMERguard. I mean, how could GW pass on such an opportunity to plug their own brand into a new unit that will rain cash money. 

Moreover, how long for assault intercessors to make it to Kill Team....

And here i was thinking about how I would deal with customizing the doubles among the assault intercessors, of a single Indomnitus bo

I know right? With 8 sprues of the same 5 intercessors you may as well paint them white and paint up some Jedi to lead them.

Well I have two boxes on the way. But seeing them (blade guard)with some options here shouldn't be a issue to kitbash ahead of time with kits I have already. But, that's not to say I won't buy these in multipart, as why not, lol.  It is a bit hard to tell, but the leg poses appear much the same. I'd imagine they are slightly different though.

Edited by Eberious

Is it two duplicate squads of 5 in the box, or are there two different squads of 5 like Dark Imperium?

Two identical frames of 5. With one marine having either the Sgt options, or a non-sgt alternative load out.

Saying that, once you remove the push fit pegs, you'll have much more freedom to mix and match arms.

Is it two duplicate squads of 5 in the box, or are there two different squads of 5 like Dark Imperium?

Two identical frames of 5. With one marine having either the Sgt options, or a non-sgt alternative load out.

Saying that, once you remove the push fit pegs, you'll have much more freedom to mix and match arms.

I mean, I even found some of those poses in Dark Imperium too similiar that I used some spare arms from the multipart kit to diversify them a bit. (I was swapping their hard molded shoulderpads, regardless)

I think with Indomnitus, I might just wait a bit with the second half, until the inevitable multipart kit for the intercessors is out, and see what I can use from there