Hermanista's Raptor Interdiction Force

hermanista

How do,

So I've been muddling through bits and pieces during the UK lockdown, but a couple of weeks ago I suggested to a mate we could do a doubles force for when lockdown is over and Warhammer World events start running again.

My mate was straight in on Sons of the Phoenix, an army I had started but not enjoyed and thus aborted soon after. He's done a pretty cool job on them so far, and gets loads more painting time than I manage so is racing ahead on his completion rate.

Like these for example

vdJvKyN.jpg

It took we a while to decide, but as his started to appear in pictures and after testing a few schemes I decided to go with Lias and his Raptors.

Thematically and narratively I think there is something really cool about the bold as brass, white and purple clad super soldiers striding up the battlefield, whilst in the shadows they are followed and supported by dark armoured elites.

So with that narrative set and plans to match our basing with mine taking a bit more of an overgrown look, last night I managed to finish building the 1000 points and even managed to basecoat them in a military green.

So I thought I might share them here.

GUWEltY.jpg

mZmz5ai.jpg

agZAzKt.jpg

Tonight the plan is to get some more greener green on them, and then varnish and start adding the decals before painting further.

Cheers

Chris

War009

I apologise for the inevitable double post there and here then, lol.

Alyson

They are not bad at all, have to give him credit for it really.

So I managed a few hours of work on the force tonight in one big production line.

Two stages done, brown shade on recessed bits, and the main green added afterwards for that vibrancy.

They need one more green tomorrow and then its onto applying the decals before the weathering and details start.

Enjoy!

35p9icE.jpg

THASYUP.jpg

DJ58PMv.jpg

jHOKGPx.jpg

Lol no harm done. Not everyone is in both groups but some of us are. Plus I post on both too as I get input from different points of view. Your really making want to get an invictus war suit for my Raptors too

I give up ... I'm a plumber living in a forum full of Picassos *grumble*

:)

Everyone looks up, I do exactly the same thing looking at other peoples painting.

Practice practice practice is part of it, but colour choices and patience plays a part too.

I've just thought I should probably have done the third warsuit and the three pilots at the same.time.as this batch, just to keep them consistent really.

Might have to jump on that later and bring them up to this level before progressing.

We shall see if that happens though, lol

So who are you going through for your logos? Edited by war009

Cool. I have chapter customizer and light industries currently. I think the chapter customizers are the nicer of the 2 but there is a lot of film.

Cool. I have chapter customizer and light industries currently. I think the chapter customizers are the nicer of the 2 but there is a lot of film.

I'll just trim round them before plunging them in microsol. Good info to know though.

So whilst I've not done any more painting yet today, hopefully manage a bit later, I have gone and ordered a load of painting supplies to arrive over the next few days.

I also took some daytime pictures of one of the Warsuits and Lias, which are below.

Dsndv6s.jpg

j6aMbav.jpg

9l1pbzC.jpg

YHk9FV0.jpg

dEdVgXo.jpg

I don't see why not, might be a lot of cutting if they're strongly secured at the base. Redemptor storm bolters might be an efficient swap if you put the assault grenades on one.

Afternoon!

So this morning I got a couple of hours with the airbrush whilst the wife took the boy strawberry picking.

Sent the first hour building the missing bits I needed - Invictor pilots, shoulder pads etc,m then after undercoating them set to airbrushing the next highlight layer.

These would be the results.

Next up is the athonian camoshade layer when I next get the chance to paint, before starting on the decals.

UOcLMha.jpg

FqUtbpU.jpg

xD7g02q.jpg

AIlv8Ez.jpg

nu1rioa.jpg

E8Ji11b.jpg

hSLpVbm.jpg

Your mates army looks great does he have a plog somewhere?

Your Raptors are coming along nicely too! Making great progress and they look very fitting.

Are you going to wait until 9th to decide what's next?

• 2 weeks later...