Orchestra of Sin - Slaaneshi Renegades, Mutants, and Madmen

I've made quite a few aborted attempts at this army. The main barriers in the past have been the lack of support miniatures wise and/or the threat/promise of new minis on the way to sour the time and love poured into conversions that'll make do. Nowhere has this been more true than with my beloved Noise Marines (seriously, embarrassing to have a sometimes Troops choice without an actual kit still GW!)

To help get around that for now I figured I'd shift the emphasis away from Noise Marines and the rest of the chaotic madness that would be a Slaaneshi Warband made of various sometimes rival sometimes allird factions. I really love a non-uniformed mismatch of an army with things of vastly different size and shape making a truly chaotic whole. Something that also helps with my inability to decide on a cohesive colour scheme etc.

Have some bits more to add but was testing something out yesterday as an idea and thought I'd start there.

Morvek Flay - known as 'The Laughing Headsman' formerly of the Night Lords Legion

img_20200624_212353_493.jpg

Needs some more work before he is ready to build properly and trying to decide whether the axe goes for a homemade Chainglaive... Feedback and suggestions welcome!

Aha, the man lives! I remember your previous thread particularly fondly, I'm glad to see the Orchestra's triumphant return. Morvek Flay is astonishingly creepy, and really effective for such a simple conversion.

@Evil Eye: thanks for visiting again and your comment. Much appreciated! Going to try and stick with them this time!

Been mocking up another character and thought I'd share a couple of other conversions that will find their way into the wider army.

First up a Chaos Sorcerer. This one is being led by the kitbash rather than the background unlike with Morvek. Haven't decided his background, whether he's a former Night Lord that followed along with Morvek or perhaps his heritage is much different. Wouldn't mind some prompts or suggestions if anyone has any!

img_20200627_194237_855.jpg

Also, some of the more elite Mutants. These will probably disappear amidst a wider Cultist horde for my Heretic Astartes but depending on what happens with the Renegades and Heretics army list with 9th they will double as Marauders, Disciples or something new (wishful thinking).

picsart_06-27-07.44.01.png

20200627_194831.jpg

So I've mentioned many a time that I'm incredibly fickle...

Morvek Flay is dead! Night Lords former or otherwise have been forgotten...

Long live Nicephorus Grycas, Bladeprince of the Paragons of Excess:

picsart_07-02-09.35.16.jpg

picsart_07-02-09.12.09.jpg

picsart_07-02-09.11.19.jpg

More to come on him and his fellow Paragons of Excess..

• 4 weeks later...

We're getting sorted for a house move at the minute so I'm not getting huge amounts of hobby time but pottering away on a few bits when I can.

Made a start on The Ensemble, the collective of Noise Marines whose pilgrimage has brought them to the Orchestra of Sin. Need to do some further work to Slaaneshify him but here's the first of many Chora for The Ensemble.

img_20200719_175024_131.jpg

I'm also working on Ruinsong - the mount of Luken Devante, The Usurper, Lord Seneschal of the fallen House Devante... Been playing with Dirge Casters and greenstuff press-moulds...

img_20200727_134219_233.jpg

img_20200727_134219_237.jpg

Which do you think looks best? I'm leaning towards the first one for Ruinsong but might now need another Knight for the second haha...

Edited by Elazar The Glorified