Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening.....Daemons?!?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

Been out of the 40k loop for a few months (losing interest when I don't get to play that often), but I saw yesterday that the last psychic awakening book is coming out and it's sisters and necrons.

Did I miss something, were daemons in one of the books already?  Is the sister/necron book not the last one?  Are daemons getting anything before 9th rolls out?  All I saw here was psy awaking speculation, wishlisting

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
They're in Engine War.
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

Anything Khorne in the engine war?

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,166 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Yes. There's stuff for the the daemons of all four chaos gods in there.

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

Khorne got strats that allow Bloodcrushers to do mortal wounds on the charge, Flesh Hounds to advance and charge, Skullcannons/Bloodthrones to halve damage against them, and bloodletters to fight when they die in melee on a 4+. We can also spend 1 CP to turn a Bloodthirster into an Exulted Bloodthirster, which comes with 6 buffs you can pick 1 from, or roll 2 for, and 3 new Exulted Bloodthirster relics that are fairly good.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,916 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Until FAQd you can use the Exalt stratagem multiple times on the same Bloodthirster even so if you want a specific combination just use 2-3 CP and you are good. You then just can't use it on any other Bloodthirster anymore because it says that you can't have the same trait on more than one of them. :sweat:

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

Nah. It says you can't have a trait twice on the same thirster (sort of), , and you can't pick the same one twice even for different Thirsters. But you can roll the same trait on 2 different thirsters. I assume it'll either get FAQed to only let you upgrade a thirster once, or clarified a bit more on how the stacking works. But to be safe I wouldn't bother picking the same guy twice. Still, they're all gravy anyway, and give me hope that Daemon Codex 2.0 will see us exploding into 9th with the big fury.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,166 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Khorne got strats that allow Bloodcrushers to do mortal wounds on the charge, Flesh Hounds to advance and charge, Skullcannons/Bloodthrones to halve damage against them, and bloodletters to fight when they die in melee on a 4+. We can also spend 1 CP to turn a Bloodthirster into an Exulted Bloodthirster, which comes with 6 buffs you can pick 1 from, or roll 2 for, and 3 new Exulted Bloodthirster relics that are fairly good.

All true, except it is exalted Bloodthirster not exulted. It may be possible that a Bloothirster exulted at his exaltation, though. SCNR

• Juggernut likes this

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

Thanks, was wondering if they got anything cause I thought it was all supposed to be in the psychic books.  And I do have to bloodthirsters he he

MasterDeath

MasterDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

If you play Khorne only you get 4 stratagems and 3 (?) Relics. Thats it. I wont buy it. You have a Thirster so its kinda ok maybe? I dont know, but I was very disappointed.

Edited by MasterDeath, 01 July 2020 - 05:12 PM.

Ulfast

Ulfast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts

Anyone that have played with the new stuff and in that case, what did you think about it?

Irate Khornate

Irate Khornate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts

Anyone that have played with the new stuff and in that case, what did you think about it?

I was not all that impressed for the Khorne side. Spent 3 cp to roll the two traits I needed ,max 8 wounds lost and +2 charge, 4 cp to deepstrike the bloodletters and Bloodthirster, and 1 cp for the banner. 8 cp out the gate. They didn't solve much with it, they made each army better at what they were already good at while making the army even more CP hungry.

I suppose the one good thing is I'm actually taking a Bloodthirster for once.

Are Verlo

Are Verlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I was not all that impressed for the Khorne side. Spent 3 cp to roll the two traits I needed ,max 8 wounds lost and +2 charge, 4 cp to deepstrike the bloodletters and Bloodthirster, and 1 cp for the banner. 8 cp out the gate. They didn't solve much with it, they made each army better at what they were already good at while making the army even more CP hungry.

I suppose the one good thing is I'm actually taking a Bloodthirster for once.

For 3 CP you should have instead gone for all the traits. Spend the CPs on the exalted strat, not on rerolls.

Khornate individual

Khornate individual

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts

For once I actually found screen shots of strats and relics which is awesome.  I don't have to buy another book for a couple pages, since i'm not buying book and got things off internet, please send all hate mail to.......

• Quixus likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users