so much yes right now
obviously the bases are already figured out
after much deliberation, here is how i intend on painting these dudes
1) using the volupus pink i will paint all the edges of the carapace, all the skin rips, tongues and sunken gun details since they are a part of thier guns; correct?
2) all carapace parts and skin parts will be cleaned up with corax white if pink got on there
3) all carapace parts and talons will be thinly painted warp lightning (green)
4) once dried, all carapace edges and talons will be touched up with leviadon blue (mostly in the thinner areas leaving the nice green exposed)
5) all carapace edges and talons will be finally touched up with shyish purple
6) all skin and gun high spots will be painted nazdreg yellow
7) clean up teeth and eyes
i am pretty sure four layers(ish) of this new paint ink stuff will do the same as what was mentioned above on the carapace
what i am going for is an oil slick paint job seen here
now you got me thinking
why dont i just drybrush/paint the carapace with stormhost silver before all this.... allow me to test this first on some primed sprue before on an expensive model....
update - these are basically highlighter paints, as in they took highlighters and squeezed the juice out
when they layer they get darker sooooo all my color changes need to over white or a base coat....
the silver paint does help as the primer is thin and this highlighter juice is very thin
1) drybrush entire model stormhost silver
2) drybrush ahriman blue on the centers of the carapace
3) using the contrast color highlighter juice, go green, blue, purple, pink on carapace and claws from middles to edges; pink on flesh parts
4) clean up flesh with white paint
5) use the yellow on flesh
because all the color distinctions will be freehand i hope the models will have an interesting.... colorful look
yellow dudes with pink insides and oil slick shells and claws will be something.... hehee
Edited by i_reckon, 27 June 2020 - 05:35 PM.