Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Faction Focus: Chaos Knights

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,013 posts

sC22VksQ8Nd4dQ04.jpg

WarCom Article.

Chaos Knights today; go figure.

mkbKIlr.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Huh, literally nothing since they told us yesterday you'd get refunded.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Yup, truly a nadir in usefulness... :/ 

Hopefully

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,290 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

and I thought they couldn't give LESS info than what they gave with the Imperial Knights...would feel bad for you chaos knight guys if you didn't get to chose you weapon loadouts on your knights!

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,854 posts
I haven’t understood why they’ve bothered getting play testers to write any of these articles, they haven’t given a single insight into how any of the factions work in 9th that couldn’t have been worked out just from what we know already.

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

I haven’t understood why they’ve bothered getting play testers to write any of these articles, they haven’t given a single insight into how any of the factions work in 9th that couldn’t have been worked out just from what we know already.

They're for introducing new players to the faction and are not written for current veteran players of that faction.

Don't worry if it doesn't feel informative enough for you - based on their conversations on social media, it seems clear that the content isn't for the super fans looking for every piece of info.
  • Raven1, Gederas and Oxydo like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,869 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

They're for introducing new players to the faction and are not written for current veteran players of that faction.

Don't worry if it doesn't feel informative enough for you - based on their conversations on social media, it seems clear that the content isn't for the super fans looking for every piece of info.

Except everything short of the lore blerb pretty much assumes you already have knowledge of how both 40k and your faction works, what with the whole, "This is what's changed, here is super awesome buffed stuff and WHAT YOU SHOULD BUY RIGHT NOW" parts.

If it was for new players it would be advising them to buy Start Collecting(!)s or at least core units, not things like Thunderfire Cannons.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 28 June 2020 - 03:30 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,854 posts

I get their intent, it still doesn’t answer why they bothered getting play testers to write them though. The community guys themselves could’ve done it easily. In fact, getting competitive, highly ranked players to write it seems the opposite of who you’d choose for an intro for new players :)

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,869 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I get their intent, it still doesn’t answer why they bothered getting play testers to write them though. The community guys themselves could’ve done it easily. In fact, getting competitive, highly ranked players to write it seems the opposite of who you’d choose for an intro for new players smile.png

It adds an air of legitimacy to their PR babble, because most people would expect the company to say it's the bestist thing ever, but if they get a competitive player to do so then that implies they have an actual opinion that's their own - even if they don't.

"Wow if this competitive player says that XYZ will be super awesome next edition it must be true! I'll go and buy three of them right now!"

They presumably did it for free too, which GW probably see as a bonus.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 28 June 2020 - 03:50 PM.

• SkimaskMohawk and MARK0SIAN like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Paturabo

Paturabo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

Except everything short of the lore blerb pretty much assumes you already have knowledge of how both 40k and your faction works, what with the whole, "This is what's changed, here is super awesome buffed stuff and WHAT YOU SHOULD BUY RIGHT NOW" parts.

If it was for new players it would be advising them to buy Start Collecting(!)s or at least core units, not things like Thunderfire Cannons.

While I agree that these (and just about every article GW posts) are written with a sales driven skew, the Start Collecting boxes are pretty well advertised.

They have their own section in the website under "Start Here" and are one of the first couple of boxes that come up when you select an army on the website, not to mention that they have the words "START COLLECTING" written in large font at the top of the box to let potential new players know they're where to start.

These articles can be "what you should buy next" for new players as much as they are for experienced players. GW doesn't care as long as you keep buying.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,555 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
=][= Back the actual subject at hand.=][=
  • Juggernut likes this

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,744 posts

Hmm, that detachment info seems actually bigger to me than the actual "faction" content. (At least to me anyways.)

I've wondered how Admech will take a Knight. It seems as far as full on super heavy detachment, this will be extremely costly unless you want to keep your Warlord as a Knight. Which to be honest is usually not the case as we see the Knight usually taking a Warlord trait via pre-game Stratagem.

Even Chaos. My Black Legion... usually, actually 100% of the time Abaddon is the Warlord. So to take a super heavy detachment, I'm losing 6 CP

I always felt AdMech were perfectly 'narrative' in taking a Knight or 3. Unless there's something we don't know, this will be quite cumbersome now.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,069 posts

Even Chaos. My Black Legion... usually, actually 100% of the time Abaddon is the Warlord. So to take a super heavy detachment, I'm losing 6 CP!

A) Doesn't Abaddon grant CP?

B) I think it's fair to say most list especially competitive lists don't survive an edition change. My list from 3rd to 7th to 8th arent really the same at all.

C) while I think it's far to be upset about not taking Abaddon and some knights. Gw is really pushing single faction lists (which is great if you play Space Marines). I have serious concerns for Eldar, and Chaos who have thrived and needed multiple factions to even be competitive. With what we have now I can completely see Chaos Demons, Chaos Knights, Thousands Sons just completely disappearing. They all have few if any competitive options that were really seen as a single faction.

Edited by Raven1, 29 June 2020 - 10:59 PM.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,744 posts

Even Chaos. My Black Legion... usually, actually 100% of the time Abaddon is the Warlord. So to take a super heavy detachment, I'm losing 6 CP!

A) Doesn't Abaddon grant CP?

cool.png I think it's fair to say most list especially competitive lists don't survive an edition change. My list from 3rd to 7th to 8th arent really the same at all.

C) while I think it's far to be upset about not taking Abaddon and some knights. Gw is really pushing single faction lists (which is great if you play Space Marines). I have serious concerns for Eldar, and Chaos who have thrived and needed multiple factions to even be competitive. With what we have now I can completely see Chaos Demons, Chaos Knights, Thousands Sons just completely disappearing. They all have few if any competitive options that were really seen as a single faction.

A. If he’s your warlord. 

B. I was looking at this change completely from a ‘true to background’ perspective. 

C.  Absolutely, but I left that out since it’s a Chaos Knights related thread. But yes, Thousand Sons have few options left now. But ironically I never allied them with anything but CK. That being said let’s wait  till we hear how they handle daemons before throwing in the towel. ;)

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users