Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumor: Indomitus pricing and release date

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1229 replies to this topic

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,933 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

[redoing thread because previous attempt vanished, also some edits]

According to a well-informed FLGS owner friend of mine, GW are having "training" sessions about the release coming weekend. It's supposed to be fully revealed (with date, etc) in a WarCom article on Sunday July 12th, which marks 27th-28th as the likely release date with a 2-week preorder period. This is first hand knowledge.

His second-hand information also indicates that supposedly the price of the box equals the price of Necromunda: Uprising, unfortunately. Sad beep.

+EDIT+

Warhammer Community post with pre-order date here (hint: 11 July).

Edited by Brother Tyler, 01 July 2020 - 02:31 PM.
Added pre-order date information/link.

• Nocturne Noble, Fulkes and CaptainFrederickson like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,352 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Why would the release date be the 27th-28th instead of the 25th (or even the 24th, if they did a Friday release, as has been done in the past for certain products)?

bl-logo.jpg

Sons of Horus 29th Company
ἐλεφαντάρχης

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,933 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Eh, I glanced at the calendar and it's still June today, that's why xD

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,456 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

If the box is U.S. $290 they can censored.gif right off with that. I'll just buy the pieces I want off of eBay.

Edited by Juggernut, 29 June 2020 - 05:22 PM.

• Doghouse, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Bryan Blaire and 7 others like this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 488 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

There's no way it can be 290$ right? Like... that's so far beyond what's feasible it seems silly. I hope you're friend is misinformed but I appreciate you sharing what you know!

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Aarik, Volt and 1 other like this

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
I will be completely baffled if the price is the same as dark uprising.

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,488 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

First release I am actually hoping its above £120 so I can spend that on something other than GW. I am kinda happy they've made me reach this point.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,353 posts
27th/ 28th is Monday/ Tuesday...

Personally I'll believe once seen. I'm not dropping $350CAD pre tax ($392 inc tax and we don't get discounts out here either)

If it is that high I'll be surprised and grumpy. The necromunda box had a ton of scenery in. This doesn't. Model wise it's the same amount as DI. Can't be nearly double the price.

Edited by 01RTB01, 29 June 2020 - 05:35 PM.

• Volt and SkimaskMohawk like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
The contents of it are more than the Lumineth and Sisters boxes, as well as what amounts to a limited edition rulebook. There was no way it was ever going to be £120, especially not with how hyped up it is and the absolute assurance it would sell out by virtue of including new Primaris units.

I'll be more surprised if it isn't the same price as Dark Uprising.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 29 June 2020 - 05:37 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
I hope online retailers will get it cuz I’m going to order it no matter what, but I hate ordering directly from GW as they are crazy expensive and the little break from independent retailers is welcomed

dicebod

dicebod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, VII Legion

They must be dreaming if they think that box will be $290 US.  I mean sure, there's a good amount of stuff in there but there's no way it justifies an ~80% increase in cost over Dark Imperium.

• Aarik likes this

++SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.++

++UNLESS SHE'S CUTE++

https://www.instagram.com/dicebod

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png  ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
If that price is accurate it is unfortunate. I know GW has a fanbase that uncritically buys everything, but a price like this will put a lot of people off it.
  • mithrilforge, Volt and Schurge like this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
Rise of the Phoenix pricing I could see, but dark uprising pricing would be insane.

A lot of people don't realize that those dumb little "useless" things like plastic range rulers and dice actually add quite a bit of cost to a game product. I've heard multiple game manufacturers comment on how expensive dice are, specifically.

That is why I would find a Dark Uprising price extremely hard to believe, and why I suspect the price will be similar instead to shadowspear at the low end and Phoenix rising at the high end.

dicebod

dicebod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, VII Legion

That is why I would find a Dark Uprising price extremely hard to believe, and why I suspect the price will be similar instead to shadowspear at the low end and Phoenix rising at the high end.

Shadowspear is probably a little optimistic, but I agree - somewhere between $175-$230 US sounds about right.

++SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE.++

++UNLESS SHE'S CUTE++

https://www.instagram.com/dicebod

gallery_45765_12908_58195.png  ETL_VI_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment_.jpg

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,488 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

It maybe above £120 but they are expecting people currently in the hobby to fork out this for the privilege of being in the hobby. They really are starting to let slip what they think of all of us(We are not even valued customers at this point). They are just trying to get the final parts of Psychic Awakening out of the door so you can buy this. Its just consume, consume, give us all the money so you can give us more. To hell with the universe and story anymore, whats really changed so far in the Psychic awakening after all those books?

Edited by Black_Knight, 29 June 2020 - 05:50 PM.

• Volt likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
It is optimistic, to be sure, but Dark Imperium was a pretty great value even at the time of its release. This is a limited edition release, though, so the comparison doesn't completely hold up

MechaMan

MechaMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

I would be so surprised if the "Mystery Box" they're giving away for the Newsletter Prize Draw back in May isn't the Indomitus box set and the Mystery Box costs £120/AUD $290 per the terms and conditions. 

While we don't know it's the indomitus box for sure I think it's almost a certainty. The illustration for the prize has a Primaris Assault Intercessor facing off against one of the new Necrons, the competition started the Monday after 9th was revealed and the prize is being dispatched in July, with the contents remaining a mystery until they are officially announced.

I might be wrong but my money is on £120.

Edited by MechaMan, 29 June 2020 - 05:53 PM.

• Halandaar, 01RTB01 and WandererTheta like this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,075 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules
I heard GW said somewhere that the new app will be available for sale once 9th pre order is up. If true, that would mean that starting Sunday we will have points for all units via the app?

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,400 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Well, I didn’t have much incentive to really try to buy Indomitus, but at $290, purchasing it seems pretty insane to me, regardless of content. $290 worth of Easy-to-Build models should be like 3/4ths of a company’s worth of Marines. The miniatures aren’t that nice.
  • Volt and Silas7 like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,353 posts

The contents of it are more than the Lumineth and Sisters boxes, as well as what amounts to a limited edition rulebook. There was no way it was ever going to be £120, especially not with how hyped up it is and the absolute assurance it would sell out by virtue of including new Primaris units.

The bulk of the lumineth and sisters box value was in the limited bits.

The limited thing here is the rule book.

The models are also all push fit and will be in other starters so they should recoop their cost quicker. Dark imperium had more models than in both your named boxes but were cheaper.

Sorry but I still believe it'll be £120, £150 tops.

Someone previously stated that it was priced between dark imperium and necromunda. Possibly lost in translation?...

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts

In the latest article on warcom they are talking about revealing  new models. I'm thinking about all the other Necron leaked. But it's interesting.

https://www.warhamme...mitus-face-off/

I wonder if the will talk about preorder times. 

I too don't think it wil be 230 euros. That will be insane, limited edition or not. I hope I'm right.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,525 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
150 pounds BP is doable.
  • Doghouse and 01RTB01 like this

fortis Fortuna adiuvat.

=][=my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=

wc.jpg

Blood and Honor!

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,888 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

They can say its not a a starter, but it really still is, just not for new players. They always loss lead on these boxes too which is why comparing to DI is massively more accurate than the other recent boxes, with that and the competition id still be surprised if its not £120.

And yeah as quasistellar mentions, trimming out the dice and gubbins saves a surprising amount backstage.

(That said they may be revealing the actual starter stuff this saturday too which adds up to £120)

• Dracos, 01RTB01 and MechaMan like this

Warhams-77

Warhams-77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

The bulk of the lumineth and sisters box value was in the limited bits.
The limited thing here is the rule book.
The models are also all push fit and will be in other starters so they should recoop their cost quicker. Dark imperium had more models than in both your named boxes but were cheaper.
Sorry but I still believe it'll be £120, £150 tops.
Someone previously stated that it was priced between dark imperium and necromunda. Possibly lost in translation?...
I agree. And why would it cost like Dark Uprising with only half the amount of sprues in it? And DU came with a lot of extras like two sets of gang cards, dice and several sheets of card board token. 135-180 EUR

Edited by Warhams-77, 29 June 2020 - 06:22 PM.

• Sandlemad, 01RTB01 and MechaMan like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,353 posts
Exactly. There was 17 sprues of scenery in the dark uprising box
  • Spyros, MechaMan and Arch69 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users