Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

After Isstvan RoW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Unknown Legionnaire

Unknown Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 772 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion & Cult Allies

Has the aforementioned RoW been FAQ'ed or altered at some point, I wonder ?

The limitation that one has to include a Praetor and / or Centurion of all three Legions, but not allowing any sort of Consul must've been an oversight.

Otherwise, a Praetor plus two stock Centurions seems pretty bland to me.

Smile like Dynat when you're winning !

The Ironic Warrior

The Ironic Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
  • Faction: IV, XVI, Daemons, Necrons

Has the aforementioned RoW been FAQ'ed or altered at some point, I wonder ?

The limitation that one has to include a Praetor and / or Centurion of all three Legions, but not allowing any sort of Consul must've been an oversight.

Otherwise, a Praetor plus two stock Centurions seems pretty bland to me.

It says you must include a Praetor or Centurion from each of the 3 legions, a consul is an upgrade and doesn't change the Centurion to no longer be a Centurion, so a Chaplain is still classified as a Centurion even though it has the appropriate consul upgrade.

It doesn't make any mention of not taking consul upgrades, and I wouldn't have any issue facing against someone reading it that way.

Check out my Facebook page Ironic Warriors to see my progress through the endless waves of hobbying and mischief...

Join our Discord server for discussion, to show off your latest painted minis or generally to chat about Heresy and Hobbying alike...

The Scorpion

The Scorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts
Yeah, it'd be too unusable otherwise.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,104 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion
Where do I find this RoW?
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

The Ironic Warrior

The Ironic Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts

Where do I find this RoW?

Book 6, Retribution - in the Shattered Legions section

Check out my Facebook page Ironic Warriors to see my progress through the endless waves of hobbying and mischief...

Join our Discord server for discussion, to show off your latest painted minis or generally to chat about Heresy and Hobbying alike...

Unknown Legionnaire

Unknown Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 772 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion & Cult Allies

The issue here being, there are numerous references in the rules where they make it pretty clear that a Consul is not a Centurion anymore once he has been upgraded, so there's a distinct difference between the two (for example SW army selection, WB army selection etc. etc.).

I still believe it was an oversight, but RAW one is bound to (un-upgraded)  Centurions or multiple Praetors (MotL permitting).

Smile like Dynat when you're winning !

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,104 posts
It means indeed that you have to take plain centurien as HQ and not consuls. Just like SW for example.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

The Scorpion

The Scorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

It means indeed that you have to take plain centurien as HQ and not consuls. Just like SW for example.

This is annoying as heck. Same thing goes for the Word Bearer requirements.

Barebones centurions don't add many gimmicks to the game. FW didn't made them very fun to play ☹.

The Ironic Warrior

The Ironic Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts

I would always err on the side of "check with your opponent first" but barring consuls because it says centurions doesn't feel in the spirit of it nor heresy. But, as I never play SL I don't need to worry. Do what you fancy, just check beforehand and make sure everyone is fine with it and I'm sure it'll be fine!

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,104 posts

This is annoying as heck. Same thing goes for the Word Bearer requirements.

Barebones centurions don't add many gimmicks to the game. FW didn't made them very fun to play ☹.
Yupp, they're more or less some kind of hefty sergeant.
Bring back Psycho Dad!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users