After Isstvan RoW

Unknown Legionnaire

Has the aforementioned RoW been FAQ'ed or altered at some point, I wonder ?

The limitation that one has to include a Praetor and / or Centurion of all three Legions, but not allowing any sort of Consul must've been an oversight.

Otherwise, a Praetor plus two stock Centurions seems pretty bland to me.

Has the aforementioned RoW been FAQ'ed or altered at some point, I wonder ?

The limitation that one has to include a Praetor and / or Centurion of all three Legions, but not allowing any sort of Consul must've been an oversight.

Otherwise, a Praetor plus two stock Centurions seems pretty bland to me.

It says you must include a Praetor or Centurion from each of the 3 legions, a consul is an upgrade and doesn't change the Centurion to no longer be a Centurion, so a Chaplain is still classified as a Centurion even though it has the appropriate consul upgrade.

It doesn't make any mention of not taking consul upgrades, and I wouldn't have any issue facing against someone reading it that way.

The issue here being, there are numerous references in the rules where they make it pretty clear that a Consul is not a Centurion anymore once he has been upgraded, so there's a distinct difference between the two (for example SW army selection, WB army selection etc. etc.).

I still believe it was an oversight, but RAW one is bound to (un-upgraded)  Centurions or multiple Praetors (MotL permitting).

It means indeed that you have to take plain centurien as HQ and not consuls. Just like SW for example.

This is annoying as heck. Same thing goes for the Word Bearer requirements.

Barebones centurions don't add many gimmicks to the game. FW didn't made them very fun to play ☹.

I would always err on the side of "check with your opponent first" but barring consuls because it says centurions doesn't feel in the spirit of it nor heresy. But, as I never play SL I don't need to worry. Do what you fancy, just check beforehand and make sure everyone is fine with it and I'm sure it'll be fine!

It means indeed that you have to take plain centurien as HQ and not consuls. Just like SW for example.

This is annoying as heck. Same thing goes for the Word Bearer requirements.

Barebones centurions don't add many gimmicks to the game. FW didn't made them very fun to play ☹.

Yupp, they're more or less some kind of hefty sergeant.