Eradicators - ( released data sheet )

Triszin

Grav Devastators look cheap, but they hit on 4+ when deepstriked or outflanked and likely need another 1 CP spent on them in order to function properly. 
Eradicators in melta range are basically as efficient as buffed Grav Devastators (120 points vs 115 points and they deal almost the same amount of wounds on average), but they don't need a stratagem and are way more resilient. 

Grav Devastators look cheap, but they hit on 4+ when deepstriked or outflanked and likely need another 1 CP spent on them in order to function properly.

Eradicators in melta range are basically as efficient as buffed Grav Devastators (120 points vs 115 points and they deal almost the same amount of wounds on average), but they don't need a stratagem and are way more resilient.

How do you get them in melta range? Foot slog? Spend 300 on a transport? Spend a cp to outflank?

Also the Eradicators only deal the same amount of wounds when they shoot at t7 in 12". They drop in efficacy in every other circumstance.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I ran some numbers on this before we knew any point values, and found that two squads of 3 Eradicators did similar or somewhat more damage than one grav drop pod depending on the target, for (what I thought at the time was) a similar point value. If you outflank instead of using the drop pod, the devastators actually cost exactly the same as the Eradicators, but do substantially more damage, in exchange for lower durability and costing an extra CP for the grav strat.

I honestly don't understand all the talk about outflanking Eradicators (or Aggressors, for that matter). Losing the ability to act in the first turn is a huge problem, that's why you didn't see anyone deepstriking after it was limited to second turn at the earliest in 8th edition. Hell, I normally started my Inceptors in my DZ instead of high orbit. I don't see why this would change with 9th edition.

On the main topic: I think Eradicators are a little bit too cheap. I made some calculations (and posted them on DakkaDakka just to be ignored by the salty marine-haters there) and think 50 points may be more in line with other 9E choices:

eradicatorsd4kk9.png

Edited by Nalim

Do you think they will increase the points any time soon ?

I'd guess so. Remember, the 40 points we have right now are from a leaked playtesting document. Their points value could be different in the Munitorum Field Manual. It could also change with the expected new Codex in some weeks or month or CA 2020 in winter.

I think the Marine army is very expensive in 9th, and these guys are the first decently costed anti-tank unit in the Primaris range.

I need a few games with them before I can judge. They have no cc capability unlike Aggressors, and that is something that can't be understated. They aren't going to clear anything out in overwatch or fight their way out of combat.

Edited by Ishagu

I think the Marine army is very expensive in 9th, and these guys are the first decently costed anti-tank unit in the Primaris range.

I need a few games with them before I can judge. They have no cc capability unlike Aggressors, and that is something that can't be understated. They aren't going to clear anything out in overwatch or fight their way out of combat.

"No cc capability" is not quite true though. They are still Marines with all the same buffs. 3 S4 AP0/-1 attacks hitting on 3+ on a T5 W3 Sv3+ model is more than decent. It's not like they are T'au or something. :sweat:

No that's true, but with their range and smaller boards in mind don't be surprised if they get tied up often, or even zoned out from arriving from the flanks.

They do look good on paper, but I need to experience them in practice.

Lol unfortunately for me I never proxy, and I don't run unpainted models, so it will be a while before I can try them out.

Edited by Ishagu

How do you get them in melta range? Foot slog? Spend 300 on a transport? Spend a cp to outflank?

Also the Eradicators only deal the same amount of wounds when they shoot at t7 in 12". They drop in efficacy in every other circumstance.

It’s a shame that the Impulsor can’t ferry Gravis units

Guys, please stay on topic. This topic is about Eradicators datasheet, not how they look. 

I'm actually impressed by these guys. When I first saw they had melta I scoffed because melta is in a really bad place right now and not worth taking. However, Total Obliteration saves these guys and 9.33 wounds to a T7 3+ save thing per turn unbuffed is really solid damage output for their points and threat range. 

I'm really excited for this unit as a Salamander player. Total Obliteration doesn't double the shots, it allows them to fire twice. That means not one but two possible re-rolls for to-hit rolls, two possible re-rolls for to-wound rolls. And in the Tactical Doctrine I am 2+ wounding anything T7 and below, wounding T8 on 3+. I am just happy to have a Primaris melta unit.

Yea, these guys are neat. Hopefully we see gravis expanded further. Wonder if we will see aggressors have their options opened up (being a centurion lite sort of unit) or will other versions show up with various esoteric weapons like...more plasma...yeaaa...or even maybe new grav options would be cool. Would like to see them bring something like Grav-Cannons raw with no amp. Possibly have lascannon variants.

If there is a wave of primaris I really want now and not later is the Gravis wave. I like my weapons how I like my music, heavy and metal! Give us the big guns! Like proper tanks and heavy duty infantry!

I'm really excited for this unit as a Salamander player. Total Obliteration doesn't double the shots, it allows them to fire twice. That means not one but two possible re-rolls for to-hit rolls, two possible re-rolls for to-wound rolls. And in the Tactical Doctrine I am 2+ wounding anything T7 and below, wounding T8 on 3+. I am just happy to have a Primaris melta unit.

Not sure if they’ll get to use master artisans twice. I got really excited reading this and had to look up the wording. “When a unit with this tactic fires Overwatch or is chosen to shoot or fight you may reroll a single hit roll... wound roll”.

When an executioner fires twice I don’t think it gets to double dip on MA but I don’t have one and I’m not sure. Would be awesome for them if it worked like that, but looks to me like it doesn’t due to receiving your rerolls when you choose them to shoot.

Edited by Daynga-Zone

Hmm after reading the eradicators rule it just says they get to shoot twice this phase but must be at the same target. RAW, I think y’all were right and I was wrong. The wording is slightly different from the executioner and upon looking it up there wasn’t a lot to go by other than an old reddit post of people saying it didn’t work for the executioner but would if worded in basically the way the eradicator’s ability is.

Thanks for correcting me/pointing this out guys. Assuming it’s not FAQd this is awesome for master artisans and these are the perfect units for it in many ways! Still good without getting to double dip, but just that much more efficient with.

As a T'au player it's a bit of a punch into the gut as well to be honest.

First we had the great safe Plasma but traded in a little bit of power for it. Then everybody gets safe Plasma that's already stronger than the T'au Plasma but can also supercharge it to make it even stronger.

But hey at least we had our 18" Assault Melta. Now Primaris got 24" Assault Melta. Yay.

Can't wait to see the infantry unit with Onslaught Gatling Cannons to one-up the Burst Cannon units. :biggrin.:

We already have those*, they're called Incursors.

* Sort of.

No, not even close. Bolter != Gatling.
Six shots at S5 Ap1 D1 is six shots at S5 Ap1 D1.

Then perhaps you should check your Codex again, because Incursors have only 1 shot S4 AP0 D1, 2 shots when in rapid fire range.

Damn it I have to stop doing that, Incursors are not Inceptors.

On the other hand if I say "six 18", S5, Ap1, D1 shots" and I'm claiming Marines have a unit comparable to Tau's Burst Cannon armed flying power suits, it should be pretty obvious which unit I meant.

As a T'au player it's a bit of a punch into the gut as well to be honest.

First we had the great safe Plasma but traded in a little bit of power for it. Then everybody gets safe Plasma that's already stronger than the T'au Plasma but can also supercharge it to make it even stronger.

But hey at least we had our 18" Assault Melta. Now Primaris got 24" Assault Melta. Yay.

Can't wait to see the infantry unit with Onslaught Gatling Cannons to one-up the Burst Cannon units. :biggrin.:

We already have those*, they're called Incursors.

* Sort of.

No, not even close. Bolter != Gatling.
Six shots at S5 Ap1 D1 is six shots at S5 Ap1 D1.

Then perhaps you should check your Codex again, because Incursors have only 1 shot S4 AP0 D1, 2 shots when in rapid fire range.

Damn it I have to stop doing that, Incursors are not Inceptors.

On the other hand if I say "six 18", S5, Ap1, D1 shots" and I'm claiming Marines have a unit comparable to Tau's Burst Cannon armed flying power suits, it should be pretty obvious which unit I meant.

And I'd still disagree because it wasn't about the profil, it was about the weapon type. Bolters != gatling.

I fail to see how two six-shot, S5, Ap1, D1 weapons aren't comparable because one has "bolter" in the name and the other doesn't.

Man, I really don't want to have this argument. It was a joke you seem to really not get and trying to explain it over several posts is just an annoying waste of time. So here my last attempt. If you still don't get it you have to live with it.

It.Was.Not.About.Having.A.Weapon.With.A.Similar.Profile.

It.Was.About.Having.The.Same.Type.Of.Weapon.With.A.Better.Profile.

:facepalm:

If that's what you were getting at then you went about it in a really confusing way. "Bolter != Gatling" definitely doesn't put that across, especially because the Inceptor's Assault Bolters are Assault like the Burst Cannons while an Onslaught Gatling Cannon is a Heavy. The Gatling Cannon looks like the Burst cannon, but the Assault Bolter is a lot closer to "the.same.type.of.weapon" mechanically

So when you joke "boy, can't wait for Marines to have a unit that makes my Burst Cannon-armed Battlesuits look bad" I don't think I'm wrong to joke back "kinda already do".

Edited by TheNewman