Building wisiwigish Grey Hunters

Filius

Hjolda fellow Fenrisians,

I have noticed that most tournaments in my region have a Wisiwig-Rule, meaning that all weapons an Unit has on paper should be on the mini. This makes building Grey Hunters a bit complicated, as the can have a Boltgun, a Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, while most of the Miniatures in den Grey Hunters Box wield the Boltgun twohandedly. Is there something like "golden solution" to this problem, or how do you solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Typically WYSIWYG is only necessary for purchased upgrades. So, if a model as standard has boltgun, bolt pistol, chainsword, then all three do not need to be modelled. *IF* the item IS an upgrade it should be modelled, power sword/fist etc.

Both of the above answers are correct, but if you’re looking for modeling advice:

I model my grey hunters with either boltgun held in one hand and chainsword in the other, bolt pistol and chainsword, or two handed bolter. When I put them on the table I mix these different models together into one pack to represent each grey hunter fighting in their own style. I love the look of it because each model in the pack stands out and I feel like it gives the whole unit more character.

If you are absolutely stuck on the idea of making them truly wysiwyg, you’ll also need to attach frag and krak grenades to each model. I’ve never even attempted to be that much of a stickler, nor do I expect it in my opponents, even at a tournament.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone! That really helps.

Puh …and  really glad to hear that. I wasn't all too keen on buying lots of extra chainswords and glueing them somewhere to the minis. :happy.:

When in doubt though, ask the TO where you play! No need to get caught out, and it can help you figure out where you don't want to play.

For a squad though, I like Nighthowler's method best, it can help you give a good representation of the load out as a whole without cramming everything in on each and every model.