Any bets on Saturday's "brand-new models being revealed?"

So according to the hype article for Saturday's "Indomitus Face-Off," we will also be seeing some "brand-new models being revealed for the very first time." And they mentioned this during the 40K Daily stream yesterday as well - these will in fact be NEW models as-yet unrevealed in any GW stream or article to date (barring the odd Rumour Engine image, I would imagine).

And while they didn't specify that these new models would also be Primaris and Necrons, I kind of feel like that's a safe assumption as the entire theme of the stream on Saturday is to show how units from those two armies match up against each other. It would be a weird swerve to suddenly bring in models from different factions, especially when the idea it to get people hyped up about the factions appearing in the Indomitus box (which I assume they will go ahead and give the release date for, rather than waiting until the next day's Pre-Order Preview).

So... do any of you have any strong suspicions on what new models will get previewed on the Primaris side?

Personally, I think the safest bet is that we'll officially see that speeder and what sure looks like a new Repulsor/Impulsor hybrid from that leaked image last December. This would be about the perfect place for GW to go ahead and reveal those somewhat-spoiled models. With hype for the launch of 9th being at a fever pitch and the likely release date only being three weeks out from the day of the stream, on top of all the new datasheet info they will be dropping on us earlier in that stream, this is one spot where they can safely "reveal" those models that we all know are coming without anyone feeling let down. Although don't get me wrong, some people will complain anyway...

More than that, those vehicles would contrast well with all of the infantry models that will be examined during the course of the stream.

So that's my bet. But I'll go ahead and list my strong contenders for other stuff we could still see this year:

1. Primaris Techmarine (I think it's time - my long-ago theory of this year being the "Outrider" wave and next year featuring the "Spearhead" is well and truly dead in the water. With more vehicles coming and all the characters from Indomitus probably being exclusive to that set for a while, there is both a need for a Primaris Techmarine AND space in the release wave for more standalone characters).

2. Speaking of characters, I do think we'll see at least a Captain and Lieutenant riding around on those Outrider bikes this year. I don't expect them to show up on Saturday, though.

3. Marine Bastion/Chapel. Something like this actually might turn up on Saturday if it's in the works. I don't think GW will stop at turrets when it comes to fortifications for the Primaris. I think the defensive network is going to see some more structures for those turrets to sit on. And while these new buildings may be faction-agnostic overall (so that a spot on the roof tailor-made for the Firestrike Servo-Turret can also accomodate a Guard or Sisters turret down the line), I think there will be at least one building that is specific to the Primaris. It might even have a chapel or warrior lodge flavor to fit in with the Indomitus models.

That's about what I see for this year, minus a couple additional odd characters (maybe an "Eradicator" or "Aggressor" lieutenant in Gravis armor, possibly a Champion if he's not now considered redundant with the advent of the Bladeguard). I still also think GW might drop yet another squad sometime this fall, but I am no longer inclined to think it's going to be a jump-enabled assault stquad (possibly a multi-build kit with the Suppressors). I still think we'll see that, but doubtful it will happen this year (it would really take the shine off the Assault Intercessors, for one thing).

I'm not expecting any kind of flyer or Primaris drop pod this year either. Would be very pleasantly surprised to see anything along those lines.

Curious what ideas you all might have for the new models on Saturday.

As much as I want a few more toys to paint, I'm more than ready for GW to take a break from Marine releases for a while. There are other armies that need the love far more than we do.

...actually all the other armies need the love far more than we do.

Having said that; the mystery speeder would have been my first guess as well, after facetiously suggesting another Lieutenant besides the one in the Indominus box.

Edited by TheNewman

I think we still have a while before the chicken hatches :) Both are just an eventuality waiting to happen. Primaris are looking closer than I thought but I give the edge to a Black Templar supplement at the moment. ;)

Christmas for a Templar Battleforce box set

Edited by Dracos

Primaris Bike Chaplain probably

But I'm hoping for a Primaris Techmarine and the new vehicles.

Well, you did name both of the Marine spoilers.

I particularly like that the Primaris Tech Marine is armed pretty much just like The Forge Father so anyone who bought that model just to paint or to use as a Master Techmarine can now use it as a straight TM without any modification. ...although that means GW won't sell as many of the new kit and will get the mistaken impression that we didn't like it and/or didn't want a Primaris Techmarine that badly.

Primaris Bike Chaplain probably

But I'm hoping for a Primaris Techmarine and the new vehicles.

Well, you did name both of the Marine spoilers.

I particularly like that the Primaris Tech Marine is armed pretty much just like The Forge Father so anyone who bought that model just to paint or to use as a Master Techmarine can now use it as a straight TM without any modification. ...although that means GW won't sell as many of the new kit and will get the mistaken impression that we didn't like it and/or didn't want a Primaris Techmarine that badly.

Nah, I can see that kit being bought a lot. Ton of good parts (that bare head is beautiful)

So that’s all the characters right? Just as we start getting them on bikes, we get the last of them on foot?

Chapter champion and company champions, nevermind.

Yeah, those are the ones that are missing. I mean, there's SOME fluff saying Lieutenants also function as Company champions, but.... yeah.

We also had a tease on the stream that we'll be seeing more Characters on bikes.

Bike characters aren't really an Ultramarine thing, imo, so I probably won't be making many biker additions to my army.

The Techmarine and the Eradicators, along with the new Captain and Lieutenant are all must buy additions for my army, however.

So that’s all the characters right? Just as we start getting them on bikes, we get the last of them on foot?

Chapter champion and company champions, nevermind.

Judicar.

Now we know why all the "x on a bike" got legended, they needed to create demand for "Primaris x on a bike".

Edited by TheNewman