Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Hammerfall Drop Turret

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
I reckon that missile pod turret will fit the repulsor/executioner.
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,392 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
Not really a fan - while it doesn't follow the whole guns-on-top-of-guns approach that we have seen in primaris vehicles, it does look like a chore to paint.

I would have much rather seen a primaris drop pod or something of the sort.
  • Juggernut, D3L, AHorriblePerson and 1 other like this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Casual Heresy

Casual Heresy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
  • Faction: The Imperium

This is absolutely ridiculous...

... I'll take two...

Edited by Casual Heresy, 01 July 2020 - 06:26 PM.

• Dracos and firestorm40k like this
"An action hero with brains? That just means that you don't run into things as often." - Douglas Henshall

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,369 posts
For when you need on demand fortifications

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch
Love it, drop in a forward command bunker.
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights, Sisters.
For the Emperor!

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,300 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

Would be cool if it could build a Primaris drop pod variant like how the Tyranid drop pod(forgotten its proper name) builds multiple versions. So less guns/no main gun? in exchange for transport capacity. Even if it can’t, I could see a Primaris drop pod having a very similar aesthetic.

I think that's almost guaranteed, more expensive, tougher, bigger capacity than the standard Drop Pod.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,574 posts
  • Faction: Knights / VI / SoB

You know , its even got the little drop pod winglets ontop of it. I would not be surprised if I could deep strike this. 

Its an excuse to put my Iron Priest standing ontop of it screaming Witness Me , so I  will probably pick one up. 

• Wraith776 and Silas7 like this

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,300 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

You know , its even got the little drop pod winglets ontop of it. I would not be surprised if I could deep strike this.

Its an excuse to put my Iron Priest standing ontop of it screaming Witness Me , so I will probably pick one up.

It's called a Drop Turret, anything less than deepstrike would be hugely disappointing.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,183 posts
  • Faction: Renegade-ish Marines and Nids

I want to be able to drop it on my opponents' army.

Probably not fun from a game play perspective, but thematically? oh baby.

• Reinhard likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I kinda want this thing. Not because it fits my playstyle. Not because it looks great. Not because I think it'll be strong. Just so I can sing this when deploying it. :D 

• Xenith, Halandaar and Dark Shepherd like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts
The fun bit would be playing someone with infiltrators and you have to drop it in the middle of nowhere
  • Dracos and mithrilforge like this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Boreale likes this.

• mel_danes, Papewaio, SkimaskMohawk and 3 others like this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Argonte

Argonte

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Oh dear Emperor, im fortifying this release!
  • Panzer likes this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
It’s a Kind of Magic that this got leaked. I hope the designer had One Vision for its use. The shape reminds me of Fat Bottomed Girls though.
  • mithrilforge, Jack of the Pelt, templargdt and 2 others like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,829 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Took me a few, but I realise the reason I'm getting a cognitive dissonance of Like and Dislike is because the clean, bland, 'Eavy Metal style makes it come off as a toy.

If I saw some examples of a more toned down scheme and a lot of weathering and I might come around to it.
  • Mostwanted, DanPesci, Doctor Perils and 4 others like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,023 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I kinda want this thing. Not because it fits my playstyle. Not because it looks great. Not because I think it'll be strong. Just so I can sing this when deploying it. :D

Haha my thoughts exactly!
  • Panzer likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,725 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

This and the ATV are total misses for me.

• mel_danes, D3L and Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I kinda want this thing. Not because it fits my playstyle. Not because it looks great. Not because I think it'll be strong. Just so I can sing this when deploying it. biggrin.png 

I was thinking more like this:

• Jack of the Pelt, templargdt and Panzer like this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Love it! I'm really happy they made some stationary defence units.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts

Space marine fortification perhaps? 

That looks like "chinese terrain" level of detail to me.  I won't be surprised if they add in rules for a faction specific terrain piece similar to AoS, and that this is it for Space Marines.

• N1SB likes this

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

Took me a few, but I realise the reason I'm getting a cognitive dissonance of Like and Dislike is because the clean, bland, 'Eavy Metal style makes it come off as a toy.

If I saw some examples of a more toned down scheme and a lot of weathering and I might come around to it.

That's what I think as well. The ultramarine blue always gives a toy like look to all the marine stuff. Once you see other painters give it a more unique look it sells itself way better.
  • Lord Marshal likes this

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

Space marine fortification perhaps?

That looks like "chinese terrain" level of detail to me. I won't be surprised if they add in rules for a faction specific terrain piece similar to AoS, and that this is it for Space Marines.

I thought the free terrain was totally BS, but if Space Marines are getting something then maybe there is truth to that rumor.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

BrainFireBob

BrainFireBob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 865 posts

Wow. That is :cuss ing awesome. Would look better in BS Red or DA Green though.

IF yellow, and I don't even play them
  • andes and WandererTheta like this

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,643 posts

it looks like it should have a mid 90s action man advert

KnightBoi

KnightBoi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights

It's a Tarantula Turret on steroids

• Canadian_F_H likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users