Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Hammerfall Drop Turret

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

Can you include this in a SM army that does not have access to Primaris units?

Of course you can.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

Do you mean one that isn’t taking primaris? All space Marines factions have access to Primaris. (Except grey knights, they aren’t space Marines)

Either way, yes.... and you could even pay one CP to take this thing with astra militarum
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,975 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Or Iron Warriors ? :thinking:
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

Do you mean one that isn’t taking primaris? All space Marines factions have access to Primaris. (Except grey knights, they aren’t space Marines)

Either way, yes.... and you could even pay one CP to take this thing with astra militarum
Grey Knights ARE Space Marines
Chapter Number 666
  • Skywrath likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,302 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights, Adeptus Custodes
As a Grey Knight player I am offended that we aren't refered to as Space Marines. Perhaps you were reffering to the Custodes?

Back on topic, pretty sure you can use them in GK armies, if not then there is the auxillary support route.

Edited by Skywrath, 11 July 2020 - 06:04 AM.

7DtmK1a.pnge2ZWJbt.pngt44uaS0.pngIJKynoL.pngtFMKXdu.pngAhRNilX.png

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts

As a Grey Knight player I am offended that we aren't refered to as Space Marines. Perhaps you were reffering to the Custodes?

Back on topic, pretty sure you can use them in GK armies, if not then there is the auxillary support route.

I was positive that there was some anatomical or Semantical reason why grey knights aren’t actually technically Marines.

Either way, they would still be able to use the drop turret because they just buy the detachment. Much like you could buy a detachment of guard, or sisters, or knights....
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

I was positive that there was some anatomical or Semantical reason why grey knights aren’t actually technically Marines.

Either way, they would still be able to use the drop turret because they just buy the detachment. Much like you could buy a detachment of guard, or sisters, or knights....
The only difference between GK and other SM is that all GK are psykers
The way that a GK are made is the same ad all other SM they have same implants
GK just recruit only people that are psykers while other chapters recruit all suitable people and make librarians out of the ones that are psykers

Edited by Master Sheol, 11 July 2020 - 06:30 AM.

• Skywrath likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts

It's called a bunker. Implying people go inside it. There are no hatches that I could see.

Do the techpriests weld it shut over it's occupants before launch, or is it just an automated weapons platform?

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

It's called a bunker. Implying people go inside it. There are no hatches that I could see.

Do the techpriests weld it shut over it's occupants before launch, or is it just an automated weapons platform?

Probably a servitor manned armed drop pod

Edited by Master Sheol, 11 July 2020 - 06:44 AM.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts
It’s a bunker for guns.... it protects guns, that then shoot like an automated turret.
  • Black Blow Fly and MetalMammoth like this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

It’s a bunker for guns.... it protects guns, that then shoot like an automated turret.

It's the ugly sister of death wind drop pods ;)
  • War Angel and MetalMammoth like this

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

It's the ugly sister of death wind drop pods msn-wink.gif

This ^. Drop it from orbit fully loaded with a servitor inside, and when it's empty, it's empty. Still, my headcanon is going to be the gun mount sections are mounted on internal vertical rails, so they can slide upwards leaving a gap above the riveted floor plate - about the height of the aqulia plate - to send in a chapter serf for servicing/reloads. 

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Cleon

Cleon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

They are certainly Imperial,so grey knights can take them in a fortification detachment for 1CP - if they get the grey knights keyword, then that CP is also refunded.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

Well, the guys who write the article didn’t write the rules or design the model.

Right. It's much better to assume the correct name is one that has so far only appeared ONCE in a caption in a rulebook that does not contain any rules for that actual unit and was printed months ago...

Vs. a name that appeared multiple times in an article written last week.

WarCom isn't infallible by any means but in this case I know where I'd put my money.

Actually? Yes, exactly.

So you think it's ACTUALLY more likely that in an article where they're quoting loadout options and presenting stats for the model, they somehow managed to get the name wrong three times and not get it correct once? But a rulebook for the new edition with a caption that was written probably before those rules were finalized MUST nevertheless be considered gospel as to the unit's name.

Don't ever go to Vegas.

Not sure how often I need to repeat myself, but yes! I do think a description in an actual rulebook is more likely to be accurate than an article written about something new by people who, as we already know, happen to make plenty mistakes in those. Especially when the Hammerfall whatever model actually looks more like a bunker than a turret.

Don't worry, never planned to.

I didn't see this reply before today, but it is possible that both names were right at the time of use. The Hammerfall Bunker could very well have been doing business as the "Hammerfall Drop Turret" in all of GW's design specs several months ago when that caption was written for the 9th Edition rulebook. But it's entirely possible that shortly after that, as they were finalizing the kit's rules, someone spoke up and said "Hey guys, hear me out. We're introducing a few new fortification kits in a short time AND also pumping out some rules that will hopefully make those fortifications appealing enough that players actually want to use them in games... MAYBE we should make their lives a little easier and not name BOTH of them some variation of 'Turret.' And since Chapter Approved 2020 is already printed/being printed at this time with the Firestrike Servo-Turret's listing, the practical thing might be to find some suitable two-syllable word that we could use to describe this bunker-like Hammerfall model... "

EDIT: "But Nord," you say. "The players could just call them by their PROPER names!"

Right. Because those names will instantly and indelibly implant themselves in the psyches of players who still refer to Primaris "Interceptors" and will inevitably refer to the new Eradicators as "Eliminators" until sometime in mid-2025... 

Edited by Lord Nord, 15 July 2020 - 03:34 AM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,003 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

They are certainly Imperial,so grey knights can take them in a fortification detachment for 1CP - if they get the grey knights keyword, then that CP is also refunded.

Do you know if it also has the UNALIGNED keyword? If it doesn't, nor does it get the GREY KNIGHTS keyword, then while a valid unit for list building, It would invalidate the mono-dex bonus which - is a deal breaker.
BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

Do you know if it also has the UNALIGNED keyword? If it doesn't, nor does it get the GREY KNIGHTS keyword, then while a valid unit for list building, It would invalidate the mono-dex bonus which - is a deal breaker.

It definitely won't have both IMPERIUM and UNALIGNED. And it will almost certainly have IMPERIUM.

Most likely, it will carry the faction keywords of IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS ASTARTES, and <CHAPTER>.

• Waking Dreamer likes this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,259 posts

It definitely won't have both IMPERIUM and UNALIGNED. And it will almost certainly have IMPERIUM.

Most likely, it will carry the faction keywords of IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS ASTARTES, and <CHAPTER>.

By codex, does that fit grey knights?

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

By codex, does that fit grey knights?

Oof - unless GW has changed their policy, no. But I'm just speculating on the keywords, maybe they'll do something different.

Edited by Lord Nord, 15 July 2020 - 03:21 AM.

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,814 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

and will inevitably refer to the new Eradicators as "Eliminators" until sometime in mid-2025... 

Say sike right now.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users