New Model Wishlisting

So this talk of supreme commanders today got me thinking about weird equivalencies and imbalances between available units in various armies.

Specifically, if Marines have chaptermasters, wouldn't it be cool if we had Abbess models? There are only two, so each represents three orders- which I think makes for a really cool dynamic. I'm not sure if they've updated fluff around the Abbesses, but at one point in the history, wasn't one of them MIA?

The MIA person is the Abbess Superior/Cannoness Superior/whatever the title was, that had the seat on the council of terra which is still vacant because her fate has not been determined, she headed up all the sororitas, the 2 abbesses that overwatch the orders militant are under her and as I recall they're still around.

But yes, Abbess or Cannoness Superior models would be cool.

The current canoness is rather Abbess-like.

In terms of missing models the jump pack canoness/palatine, a vehicle upgrade sprue with heavy flamer and multimelta hull guns for immolators, an infantry upgrade sprue with eviserators and meltabombs, and then I guess onto something new like giant flaming stake launchers, generic saints, or old characters like Praxedes and Sabbat.

I'll be honest, after you mentioned this in the Primaris Hammerfall Drop Base thread:

Hope for a sisters drop church?

That's exactly what I want.

I'll probably convert something, a Counts-As whatever, but it'll be like a Drop Pod designed to carry, not people because Sororitas can't take the physical strain like a Marine can, but some sort of Shrine, possibly with a fridge in the altar where they store wafers and juice for religious rites.

It'd be like in Dawn of War where building structures weren't built like in StarCraft, but just dropped down from space, and it's for emergency worship.

Sisters are a weird army for "new stuff" as their range already feels like it's at it's limit with the bases covered, especially with the unexpected additions of Zephyrim and Mortifiers.

A Super Heavy would be lovely, but being the Imperium they're just going to have Knight allies and larger war machines under Ecclesiarchical control would certainly turn some heads...

Some kind of flyer would be a cool addition and is the only slot "missing" something currently - the Ad Mech route of Transport/ Gunship/ Bomber triple kit would ne nice enough.

Frateris Militia would also kinda work for funsies too!

I agree with the flyer. If it were to happen, it'll be years. I do like the way our army is now and how it can seem lacking against other army books. A LoW, wow imagination running wild, space balls 1 transformation comes to mind, haha, as well as pacific rim. In all reality a super heavy tank based around the sisters would be conversion nirvana.

A LOW options and a flyer would be good. Another HQ, as said above, a Leiutenant equivalent. Maybe the frateris militia as well, so there is another troop choice in the army, and a generic priest kit that lets you build missionaries etc rather than the official models being the older stuff. 

I have 2 conversion projects on the brain, but they're both REALLY expensive, and I don't want to attempt them if there is a chance GW will give us something that might fill the void. But here are the details:

The Raging Heroes War Pulpit: not safe for work, but a heck of a model. I don't think its arms and legs look particularly Imperial- the inclusion of face masks as details like knee pads give it almost an eldar feel. But I think Armiger arms and legs will fit pretty easily. This will be the center piece of the penitent legion component.

The second is the Baneblade chassis supporting not one, but two exorcist launchers, with classic immolator turrets on the sponsons. It will be for the Holy choir part of the army.

Much as I'd love a flying church, I'd really like to see a Frateris Militia/Missionary/Priest multipart kit - imagine something similar to the Cawdor kit for Necromunda (it's how I've made my Ecclesiarchy members), but with cleaner weapons, loads of chainswords, some braziers, books on sticks etc.

Essentially I'd like Cawdor X AoS Flagellants X Astra Militarum.

There's a few things I'd like to see:

>A non-named/generic Canoness or other HQ riding a Throne of Judgement or similar war machine. The HQ on the grav-pulpit is cool but she's a unique character, which rather reduces "Your dude(tte)s" potential. Plus, the Throne of Judgement is an awesome concept, and from a gameplay standpoint having an Imperial army with an option of a Monster-sized beast of an HQ would be neat. Imagine a Canoness on such a conveyance dueling a Daemon Prince!

>Actual Sororitas Dreadnoughts. Mainly just because I really, really like Dreadnoughts, but also thematically the idea of these incredibly rare engines of death piloted by a near-dead but still full of faith and fury Battle Sister is incredibly cool. Kinda like Living Saints but with archaic engineering and a refusal to die rather than Emperor/Warp shenanigans.

>Plastic Repressor, just because the Repressor is a cool tank.

>Some kind of "Terminator-Lite" equivalent, even if it's just slightly more ornate and bulky power armour with a storm shield. Also an option for a Canoness to take said armour.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a return of the Palatine.

My wish has been granted!

Perhaps she will function like a Space Marine Lieutenant (allow re rolls of wound rolls of 1) but I wouldn't say that is locked in stone. GW could well surprise us by giving her other abilities, especially if they have something to do with Faith.

yeah the palatine was mentioned in the organization so she was due to show up.   

I would still like a flyer or some sort, preferably something like a transport lander option kit/gun ship option.  I picture them being something similar to a helicopter more than a true airship, or something akin to what the clone troopers have.   Something that can land, open large doors on the side and unload the girls or be modified to have to gun turrets with sisters shooting up stuff as a support lander.   They could be like flying churches in some way, but i would rather their flyer feel more like a support landing role than true interceptor.   I wont argue with what ever type of flyer they give us though.   

Would also like to see celestians re imagined or given two different roles, one of true body guard perhaps with power weapons and shields, and one as veteran sisters with blessed ammunition something to make them superiour to battle sisters.  Right now they seem torn between roles, as they aren't really that more veteran than battle sisters, or very good at being a body guard with a lack of melee options.   

The last thing I would like to see is a dedicated battle tank with a turret option, not a transport or missle launcher.   Like a full on predator feeling turret with a longer ranged weapon.  They don't necessarily have to have sponsons now that they can have the heavy bolter in the hull.   But maybe a a turret option with a thermal cannon, Mega bolters, and a plasma cannon (cause they got plasma pistols and combi plasma, perhaps a turret with it would be safe enough).  It would give them a dedicated tank kill at range, or MEQ kill, or a dakka tank.  Side sponsons would be great with the heavy bolter/heavy flamer, or multi meltas.   But something besides just the exorcist as our go to heavy support tank.  

Also they can be justified as needing some heavier support and becoming more of a army now that the chaos rifts have been open.  There is a lot of cleansing and purging that needs to be going down now that chaos is everywhere.   It was already everwhere.   But yeah, before we just got updated, now lets get upgraded with new units.  Otherwise a new codex only giving us a palatine and plastic missionary/preachers would feel a bit wasted. 

I'd like to see a return of the Palatine.

My wish has been granted!

Perhaps she will function like a Space Marine Lieutenant (allow re rolls of wound rolls of 1) but I wouldn't say that is locked in stone. GW could well surprise us by giving her other abilities, especially if they have something to do with Faith.

I'm hoping it's *not* re-roll 1s to wound rolls, especially as that would keep Junith's ability unique.

Even something like an extra miracle die, re-rolling a miracle die or maybe something movement based would be nice!

Only one Order can use Junith though, so it'd be nice if others could get that ability too. And I personally don't want ALL our bonuses to be MD-related.

Only one Order can use Junith though, so it'd be nice if others could get that ability too. And I personally don't want ALL our bonuses to be MD-related.

But that's my point - keep it unique as opposed to just being a marine leiutenant! 

• 4 weeks later...

I'd really like to see Drop Churches hit the table.

And for a LoW, why not one of those massive crawler churches that show up in the art now and then? We could have a smaller one of those.

I would really like to see a named character of another order than just Martyred Lady.

At the very least with the Palatine, we're getting another generic HQ option.

Also, I want a unit of sword & board sisters, like the one leading the Triumph of Saint Catherine. A full unit of a crusader squad like that would be fantastic!

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I would really like to see a named character of another order than just Martyred Lady.

At the very least with the Palatine, we're getting another generic HQ option.

Also, I want a unit of sword & board sisters, like the one leading the Triumph of Saint Catherine. A full unit of a crusader squad like that would be fantastic!

A named character for every order would be good.

More penitent stuff and a plastic priest kit would be good too.