changes for us in new edition (list)

Hello brothers,

this should just a thread where we see the changes directly and indirectly. Discussions should be made in ohter rooms then.

-Stormshields are not 3++ anymore

+ we are the best SM faction to cast litanies (no reroll by dice- reroll stratagem )

+ we are the only SM faction which can reroll one or any dice to charge in general

- engagementrange is still 1" but next unit must be in 0,5" to a model who is also in 0,5" to a enemy model instead of engangment range, but

+ engagement range is 5" horizontal

+ judiciar could be a great tool in 2 combinations with devot push

- no reroll for deny the witch 4+ and fall back stratagem on 2+ anymore

+ (if I understand it correct - if we deny one psychic power then the psyker cannot manifest any other power)

- no more 5+++ on enemy turn if he can start

- we dont know by deploying units if we get first turn.

+ new model range that is very focused on melee

- Helbrecht no longer makes Fists and Hammers S10

+ the rule who allows to fight first means to fight first now,... our litany makes a hard hitting unit unchargeable because we can choose a unit first in the opponents fight phase.

- Blast Weapons and corherency rules effect our Crusadersquad.

-/+ new morale rules effect our Crusadersquds. If you have lots of casaulties its not very likely to loose the remaining models but you need just 3 casaulties for lots of new tests(contribution tests)

Edited by Medjugorje

Hello brothers,

this should just a thread where we see the changes directly and indirectly. Discussions should be made in ohter rooms then.

-Stormshields are not 3++ anymore

-we are the only SM faction which can reroll litanies

-we are the only SM faction which can reroll one or any dice to charge

-engagementrange is not 1" anymore

-judiciar could be a great tool in 2 combinations with devot push

-no reroll for deny the witch 4+ and fall back stratagem on 2+ anymore

I thought a generic Master of Sanctity could re-roll litanies?

Edit: otherwise this list is a great idea.

Edited by JAG Templar

I don't think you're right on the deny the witch test. I couldn't see in the leaked page anything about it affecting anything other than the power currently being attempted.

Also, where are you getting that engagement range is more than 1"? I couldn't see that page in the leaks, apparently it's on page 198, which wasn't in the leaks.

That's my reading of things too. Has the full definition of engagement range been shown anywhere yet? I can't imagine it's simply 1", because it would be easier to just say 1" than repeatedly say 'engagement Range'

New rules say 1 inch horizontally, 5 inches vertically. Friendly models can fight in second rank if within 1/2 inch of model in engagement range.

Edited by SirJyo

Another change is order of modifiers. They go in this order; division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction. So that would change it so that Helbrect can’t make terminators with TH S10 or Centurians S12.

Not true of Helbrecht I'd have thought? He adds +1S to models - that is their statline. He does not add +1S to their weapon.

So his aura means everyone is +1S at all times, then when it comes to combat they choose a weapon which says x2 S of user - but the S of user has been buffed already (+1) and so this value is then doubled. That's how I'd think it works anyway.

Another change is order of modifiers. They go in this order; division, multiplication, addition, and subtraction. So that would change it so that Helbrect can’t make terminators with TH S10 or Centurians S12.

wrong, because I think it stay the same in 9th edition as it was in 8th   +  he still modify the Strength characteristics instead of +1 Str. anyway.

Edited by Medjugorje

My apologies you're right! Well that is a bit of a bummer. No more 2+ to wound T5 models with Helbrecht around. So only really useful against Knights.

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Because one thing says increase the characteristic so to me that means a marine doesn’t have strength 4 he has strength 5. Then when he uses a Sx2 weapon you multiply the strength. I get that there’s an order of operations but to me the two things are happening in different phases or sequences. Ie if you’re near Helbrect you’re s5. Then if you pick up a weapon you double the strength you have. They’re separate operations/effects. Using the order of operations (which is fine as long as it’s consistent I guess) the aura doesn’t change your strength stat.

They're now saying that all of the modifiers modify the characteristic, so it takes a cumulative approach all at once. This is clearly to stop you stacking loads of strength buffs, before multiplying.

It could get pretty stupid, I hear people were managing to get Orks to S14? You could get a standard Black Templar initiate with a power fist to 12 with Helbrecht and Mantra of Strength. That would be just 10 now.

Look at Iron Hands, they could take two chaplains and a Librarian: might of Heroes from the Witch, Medusan Furore from one chaplain, mantra of strength from another, and a power fist marine is now S14. That would be only 11 now.

I'll miss S10 hammers, but on the other hand, it was always confusing that the core rules specifically said "multiply before adding", and yet one of the most common examples of a stat multiplier was an exception to this.

They're now saying that all of the modifiers modify the characteristic, so it takes a cumulative approach all at once. This is clearly to stop you stacking loads of strength buffs, before multiplying.

It could get pretty stupid, I hear people were managing to get Orks to S14? You could get a standard Black Templar initiate with a power fist to 12 with Helbrecht and Mantra of Strength. That would be just 10 now.

Mantra of Strength only affects the caster - but you could've had a Chaplain with a fist and achieve S12.

And if he was fighting in the same combat as a Chaplain Dread, he could've been S14.

Or if you used the Dread to cast Mantra of Strength on itself, have it within range of Helbrecht, that's S18, 5A and D4!

another change is that there will be more Mortal wounds now because there is no reroll for explosions anymore.

At first I thought its an advantage for us (indirectly) but we have to remember our army is still a elite force so that will hurt us more.

another change is that there will be more Mortal wounds now because there is no reroll for explosions anymore.

At first I thought its an advantage for us (indirectly) but we have to remember our army is still a elite force so that will hurt us more.

True, but it will hurt us less than other elite forces.

The Chaplain datasheet from Indomitus recites litanies in your Command phase, rather than at the start of the battle round. If all chaplains get this change, this is a big bummer for us: we can't use Litany of Divine Protection during the enemy's first turn when we go second anymore, yet we also still can't use litanies on units coming out of transports or deep strike. It's the worst of both worlds.