changes for us in new edition (list)

The Chaplain datasheet from Indomitus recites litanies in your Command phase, rather than at the start of the battle round. If all chaplains get this change, this is a big bummer for us: we can't use Litany of Divine Protection during the enemy's first turn when we go second anymore, yet we also still can't use litanies on units coming out of transports or deep strike. It's the worst of both worlds.

That is a bummer! Just a straight-up nerf.

Maybe we can hide them or we have to come from strategic reserves. But if its too important to play them in first round and we have no place to hide them --> take the aurelian shroud. 

I think in 9th edition in general its okay 

1. If the enemy starts we have to take our most important units into strategic reserves (its important to have something which is more dangerous in this situation to be destroyed from the enemies view. 

2. If we have first round - there is no "seize initiative" so we can place them. 

But surely - its not a no-brainer anymore.

Edited by Medjugorje

I feel like this is a similar discussion to the 9th Ed thread. Unless someone can give me a reason why they shouldn't be merged I shall do so. 

you are absolutely correct. we have to stop this discussion here. 

Please: just stick up rule changes in here and how they can/could effect us. So I will put that into first post. I will update this every day. 

Everything then could be discussed in the 9th edtion ROOM !

The Chaplain datasheet from Indomitus recites litanies in your Command phase, rather than at the start of the battle round. If all chaplains get this change, this is a big bummer for us: we can't use Litany of Divine Protection during the enemy's first turn when we go second anymore, yet we also still can't use litanies on units coming out of transports or deep strike. It's the worst of both worlds.

That is a bummer! Just a straight-up nerf.

I may be late to the party after this but in the core rules the command phase is the first part of the battle and BOTH players take that turn simultaneously