Sector Imperialis Basing question re 9e Basic Rules

In the rules today, it said that ranges are measured to the base, unless the figure doesn't have one (cf vehicles). All pretty standard, except that means grav vehicles now have a smaller footprint on the table, right? Falcons & Repulsors alike have bases smaller than their hulls. Seems weird. Anyway.

I bought the SI ovals box to base the Outriders I'll acquire from Indomitus, which leaves me with several leftover 90mm ovals and 60mm rounds. Do you think it would be bad to base Redemptors on the ovals and Impulsors/Repulsors on the 60mm rounds? I don't want to waste them in an all-Primaris army.

Please & thank you :)

Repulsors have a rule that specifically says you measure from the hull, despite the model having a base. Dunno about Falcons.

Regarding the bases: For the Impulsor/Repulsors, I think that'd be fine. The Redemptor... not so much.

I figured that might be it... I shall have to get some Primaris bike characters then. Maybe some flame-thrower figures in Gravis or Centurion armour with added gouts of smoke.