Inquisition updates in PA?

I feel like they'd be too good as troops and far too customisable I don't think GW would allow it

Eh, they’re more expensive worse BS scions. The trade off being they can take all special weapons. They don’t have access to orders or anything though so I feel like they’d be fine as troops. Would actually give a reason to use half of the inquisitor’s powers and not just the Ordo malleus 5++.

The main thing that "justifies" their higher cost is that they get the Quarry rerolls. But that only helps you in the specific match ups for your Ordo, so it's a pretty hefty tax in other games. I honestly can't see myself bringing an actual detachment instead of just including one with the agents rule.

The main thing that "justifies" their higher cost is that they get the Quarry rerolls. But that only helps you in the specific match ups for your Ordo, so it's a pretty hefty tax in other games. I honestly can't see myself bringing an actual detachment instead of just including one with the agents rule.

I always personally figured that this was the cost but I feel like they're spending 3 points on that (acolytes make sense as 5 pts without Quarry, imo) which seems fine when you consider that Quarry is full rerolls to hit and wound. That's amazing! Except that you have no way to plan if the ability would work or if it does nothing. Alternatively, IG (which are the closest analog) get TWO abilities instead, orders and regimental tactics. These are both plan-able and reliable, very much better than Quarry unless you can somehow always plan to have Quarry in play.

I'm not arguing with you (at least I think not), rather I'm just explaining my thinking, but I don't think GW pays much attention to Inquisition and their rules, otherwise they'd have had little problem with 3 wound acolytes or they'd have dropped the points from our lovely 4 pt. hotshots.