Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Terrain - Necrons

necrons convergance of dominion

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,909 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Convergence of Dominion...oh my wub.gif

med_gallery_9146_583_158057.jpg

Edited by mithrilforge, 02 July 2020 - 11:21 PM.

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,467 posts
Somehow I feel like I should find two other Phaerons who each like a style I prefer less and the three of us buy three boxes to get the three things we want.

It's just like the Triarch, right? :lol:

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts
Yeah that's another advantage to my plan to buy two sets - I can mix and match

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,909 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
I’d be good with that plan but shipping from the Colonies would probably be the same as buying another box !!

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
Those are so cool but probably $160 or more for the set. Just getting to pricey.
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpg

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,908 posts
Rules just got previewed for them.

Have to be taken in a unit of 3. Each pylon must be set up during deployment within 12" of another pylon.

Transdimensional Abductor: R 12" Assault D3 s4 Ap3 D3

All Necron units within 6 inches of a pylon get +2 LD.

If a Cryptek is within 3", it can use an action to relocate a pylon. Remove it from the battlefield at the end of your turn. In the reinforcement portion of your next movement phase you can set it up anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from enemy models.

Having the +2 is nice for morale tests so you don't have to worry about your Necrons running away and being unable to reanimate, but I dont feel like itll be super impactful in 8th with the current codex.

Edited by Kaldoth, 10 July 2020 - 06:04 PM.

Ahzek451

Ahzek451

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Thousand Sons

Well...if you can take up to 9 in a fortification detachment, that's one hell of a wall. 

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts
Looks like I'll be converting these into a terrain piece, not using them as the Convergence, unless there's something they left out of the article.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts

Less chance of failing morale tests is really good. Also able to teleport around to take that bubble anywhere needed is very cool. 

jgascoine011

jgascoine011

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

hahahahaha, well these are crap

12" range on a platform that cant move...unless you deepstrike it in or put it into deepstrike with the cryptek...and marines get a 2 shot 24" range melta gun...yea i see where this eddition is going

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 580 posts
Not terrible. Definitely going to need a price to see the value.

We also don’t know how many of the weapon it has. Maybe it’s got 2?

It’s also not the full data sheet, so we may see a teleportation ability. Or a strat for one.

I’m reserving judgment for now
  • NTaW likes this

NTaW

NTaW

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,467 posts

Looks like I'll be converting these into a terrain piece, not using them as the Convergence, unless there's something they left out of the article.

I'm sure there is, but I'm not sure it will increase their in-game value unless there's any credence to the "free fortifications" rumour I saw (and haven't followed up on since seeing).

Get Thokt

Get Thokt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Dark Angels
The Fortification detachment is also in the article. It states you must take 1 for the detachment and can take up to 3.

The detachment costs 1CP but you get it refunded if the forts are all from the same faction and is/are in the same faction as your warlord

NTaW

NTaW

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,467 posts
Not costing CP to include isn't the worst. Still keen to see the entire datasheet, even with no additions it'll be a kit I include eventually just for aesthetic purposes. Would be nice if there's decent utility as well though even two guns each would be nice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: necrons, convergance of dominion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users