New Terrain - Necrons

MithrilForge

Somehow I feel like I should find two other Phaerons who each like a style I prefer less and the three of us buy three boxes to get the three things we want.

It's just like the Triarch, right? :Lol:

Rules just got previewed for them.

Have to be taken in a unit of 3. Each pylon must be set up during deployment within 12" of another pylon.

Transdimensional Abductor: R 12" Assault D3 s4 Ap3 D3

All Necron units within 6 inches of a pylon get +2 LD.

If a Cryptek is within 3", it can use an action to relocate a pylon. Remove it from the battlefield at the end of your turn. In the reinforcement portion of your next movement phase you can set it up anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from enemy models.

Having the +2 is nice for morale tests so you don't have to worry about your Necrons running away and being unable to reanimate, but I dont feel like itll be super impactful in 8th with the current codex.

Edited by Kaldoth

Looks like I'll be converting these into a terrain piece, not using them as the Convergence, unless there's something they left out of the article.

I'm sure there is, but I'm not sure it will increase their in-game value unless there's any credence to the "free fortifications" rumour I saw (and haven't followed up on since seeing).

The Fortification detachment is also in the article. It states you must take 1 for the detachment and can take up to 3.

The detachment costs 1CP but you get it refunded if the forts are all from the same faction and is/are in the same faction as your warlord

Not costing CP to include isn't the worst. Still keen to see the entire datasheet, even with no additions it'll be a kit I include eventually just for aesthetic purposes. Would be nice if there's decent utility as well though even two guns each would be nice.