Emperor's Wounds

INKS

Is there a direct passage in any of the books that details the exact wounds the Emperor suffered. I often see (I assume it's fan art) of his husk of body with no arms, or legs and so on. Did he lose his arms and legs? Wondering if the battle between him and Horus details his wounds.

So far the only thing detailing the battle was in the Realm of Chaos Lost and the Damned book as far as I am aware. I cant remember if it was reprinted in Collected Visions or if that was the battle for earth story, I cant check as someone nicked my book years ago.. 

I vaguely remember the emperors eye popping due to a psychic attack and I think his arm was ripped out of the socket, It has been a while since I read it. .

The first account from 1988

"A lightning claw cuts the Emperor's armour as if it were cloth, sheers through flesh and bone. The Emperor ripostes with a psychic stroke intended to disrupt the Warmaster's nervous system. Horus laughs as he deflects it.

His claws take the Emperor across the throat, opening windpipe and jugular. Another blow severs the tendons of his wrist, causing the sword to drop from nerveless fingers.

Insane laughter echoes round the chamber. Horus breaks several ribs with an almost playful punch. A surge of energy seers the Emperor's face, melting the flesh till it runs, bursting an eyeball, sets the hair alight. The Emperor stifles a whimper, wonders how he can be losing. Blackness threatens to engulf him.

Horus grasps his wrist, splintering bones. Blood pumps from the Emperor's throat. Horus lifts his foe above his head and brings him down across his knee, breaking his spine.

For a second the Emperor knows only darkness then a flare of agony brings him back to consciousness as Horus rips his arm from its socket. The Warmaster howls with bestial triumph."

I like the casual violence it inflicts on someone as powerful, as hallowed to the fandom as the Emperor. I hope it is kept intact for the future.

Yeah reading how the untouchable allmighty Emperor gets wrecked to this extend is something else. I can't wait for the final book to arrive so we can read it all new. ^^

Holy crap, I never read that part. That's vicious. Later retellings never have these details - the whole story about Big E holding back until he sees Horus can't be redeemed, than lashing out, seems to contrast with this. This account has the Emperor absolutely fighting for his very life.

Holy crap, I never read that part. That's vicious. Later retellings never have these details - the whole story about Big E holding back until he sees Horus can't be redeemed, than lashing out, seems to contrast with this. This account has the Emperor absolutely fighting for his very life.

Actually the bit about the Emperor holding back originated in this story.

In the Warp the Emperor hears the Chaos powers howl as they feed their pawn more power. The Lord of Humanity stands alone against their massed might and knows that he is losing. Somehow he cannot bring his full forec to bear on the Warmaster. Horus shows no such restraint.

And then later on, after the Emperor turns a Terminator to dust who tries to rescue the Emperor

The Emperor sees the trap that has been set for him. He has been restraining himself, trying not to hurt the one who had been as a son to him. Now he sees there is no trace of his trusted comrade left. He knows that he must stop this semblance of his former friend and avenge the fallen Terminator. He must strike one deadly blow. He will get no other chance.

Here is the whole story as well as one describing the wider siege.

http://members.tripod.com/orcrist_game/40k/id3.html

Wow. If he opened his windpipe I don't know how he doesn't die in seconds... crazy. I didn't know it was even that detailed. Do we have any time frame when we might get an updated version?

Wow. If he opened his windpipe I don't know how he doesn't die in seconds... crazy. I didn't know it was even that detailed. Do we have any time frame when we might get an updated version?

Well perpetuals and magic are a thing in 40k. ;)

The writer does such a good job detailing damage done to the emperor here but a poor job detailing the death of Horus. It's kind of like "super power and he dies". Kind of a shame. It also glosses over Sang's death. I hope they retell that in more detail. If they haven't already. I am not up to date on the Horus Hersey series, I don't know at what point in the story they are.

Not really, as in they're not mutually exclusive: You dont see the Emperor fighting in this one. Do you actually read the Emperor doing anything, even trying to block Horus's blows?

No, the Emperor held back to try and give His son a chance of redemption, let Horus vent his rage and desecrate His body, then when he saw Horus was un-redeemable, burned his soul from existance.

EDIT: Pretty sure in the realm of chaos book the Emperors arm gets sheared off also? Not just the wrist. That's why his arm is separate in some of those images 

Emperor_Imperial_Palace_Rogue_Trader.jpg

1267599-40_k_emperor_by_destraudo-1.jpg

Edited by Xenith

I've been out of the hobby for several years and am just getting back into things in 2020. I've not read any of the series. Siege of Terra, Horus Heresy and so on. I don't even know where to start. lol

The first account from 1988

"A lightning claw cuts the Emperor's armour as if it were cloth, sheers through flesh and bone. The Emperor ripostes with a psychic stroke intended to disrupt the Warmaster's nervous system. Horus laughs as he deflects it.

His claws take the Emperor across the throat, opening windpipe and jugular. Another blow severs the tendons of his wrist, causing the sword to drop from nerveless fingers.

Insane laughter echoes round the chamber. Horus breaks several ribs with an almost playful punch. A surge of energy seers the Emperor's face, melting the flesh till it runs, bursting an eyeball, sets the hair alight. The Emperor stifles a whimper, wonders how he can be losing. Blackness threatens to engulf him.

Horus grasps his wrist, splintering bones. Blood pumps from the Emperor's throat. Horus lifts his foe above his head and brings him down across his knee, breaking his spine.

For a second the Emperor knows only darkness then a flare of agony brings him back to consciousness as Horus rips his arm from its socket. The Warmaster howls with bestial triumph."

I like the casual violence it inflicts on someone as powerful, as hallowed to the fandom as the Emperor. I hope it is kept intact for the future.

I like how he seemingly just stands there and lets all of this happen.

"Oooh, that stings a bit. You rotter!"

I've been out of the hobby for several years and am just getting back into things in 2020. I've not read any of the series. Siege of Terra, Horus Heresy and so on. I don't even know where to start. lol

Start with Horus Rising. The Horus Heresy series is only 52 (or 53?) novels long :lol:

Start with Horus Rising. The Horus Heresy series is only 52 (or 53?) novels long :lol:

I'm 18 in and I've enjoyed almost all of them!