Blastmasters, now with extra blast!

Sersi

Double post with some relevant information:

Noise Marines with Sonic Blasters are now 24ppm

Blastmasters went down to 10 points

Apparently, Noise Marines are 16 pts base, Sonic Blasters are 5 pts, for 21 pts PPM.  

Blastmasters and Doom Sirens are  both 10 pts.

It could certainly have been worse, although I could see MSU Blastmaster only units returning; kinda like back in 6-7th editions when Sonic Blasters sucked.

Double post with some relevant information:

Noise Marines with Sonic Blasters are now 24ppm

Blastmasters went down to 10 points

Apparently, Noise Marines are 16 pts base, Sonic Blasters are 5 pts, for 21 pts PPM.

Blastmasters and Doom Sirens are both 10 pts.

It could certainly have been worse, although I could see MSU Blastmaster only units returning; kinda like back in 6-7th editions when Sonic Blasters sucked.

I see it similar. Those blast master msu squads have been fun and versatile in 7th. Not sure what to do with the excruciating frequencies strat now. It is pretty good but a big enough blob of noise Marines is 210 p now. Not even speaking of the 20 men squads that I have been experimenting with late in 8th.

Also considering the price hike in HB for dreads the dual blast master for sonic dreads seems way superior now. 10p cheaper, you can split fire as they are two weapons and ignores cover, and statistically 7 shots vs 6.