Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Ardent Vigil Crusade

black templars templar ardent vigil crusade faith fury primaris space marine

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Marshal Buchs

Marshal Buchs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Hi everyone! Long time lurker first time poster, wanted to start a thread to help with motivation for my new crusade. It's a combination of new purchases in the last year and an old firstborn force I tried my hand and I'm now rescuing, from 8 years ago when I was 16 and didn't pay attention to mold lines! 

Forged in the fires of the Imperium Nihilus comes The Ardent Vigil Crusade. A combination of Armageddon firstborn veterans and fresh primaris recruits now wrestling for control with chaos forces in a sector containing several Imperial Shrine worlds at High Marshal Helbretch's behest. I might write up some proper lore later but the rough idea I have is they are wary allies will a big culture conflict, the new primaris recruits not adhering to the chapter's tradition. 

For now here is the painted group, as well as Templars we've got assassin allies as well as the local guard infantry that I usually speed paint with drybushing and washes to blow off steam. 

bt2
bt3

bt4

bt5

And finally my conversion triumvirate, left to right is a jump captain, jump chaplain and the Helsreach legend himself. 

bt6

• librisrouge, Marshal Mattias, Gendo and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,018 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your models are well-painted. The Ancient's standard looks great!
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Brother Kraskor

Brother Kraskor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Lovely clean style! The gold looks especially realistic to me. Beautiful banner and cool conversions, can't wait to see them finished.

My (mainly) Primaris Crusade Plog: The Ollanius Crusade - Fighting Company Luther

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,164 posts

Welcome to the Eternal Crusade, brother!

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 557 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes
Welcome to the Crusade. Nice work on that Primaldus conversion - he's going to end up looking very similar to mine - I also based mine on Lt Zakariah.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,341 posts

cant wait to see the conversions completely build and painted.

Marshal Buchs

Marshal Buchs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome and great feedback everyone! 

Welcome to the Crusade. Nice work on that Primaldus conversion - he's going to end up looking very similar to mine - I also based mine on Lt Zakariah.

You are very right as I used your Primaldus conversion for lots of reference, think using Lt Zakariah was a really good idea. I think the only major difference is I managed to snag the Hvarl Redblade scenic base. 

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 557 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes

Thanks for the warm welcome and great feedback everyone!

You are very right as I used your Primaldus conversion for lots of reference, think using Lt Zakariah was a really good idea. I think the only major difference is I managed to snag the Hvarl Redblade scenic base.

I'm honoured, thank you :)
  • Marshal Buchs likes this

Marshal Buchs

Marshal Buchs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Just a small update, my own primaldus is assembled (mostly) and now starting to block out colours, lots of staring at various art pieces of Grimaldus and figuring out what to keep and what to change!

helsreachHero

• Reinhard likes this

Marshal Buchs

Marshal Buchs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Grimaldus himself is finally painted! Need to get the base done ASAP since I've got a game booked in with an ork friend who leaves the country soon and we've got one last game planned, and Grimaldus will meet Ghaz on the field! Overall really happy with the result though. 

Bt6
  Bt7

• Reinhard, Medjugorje, Gnosis and 1 other like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,164 posts

lovely reds

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,341 posts

I love your colorscheme.

Urkh

Urkh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 694 posts
The chains on the plasma pistol are lovely.
By performing the Emperor's Will, we will show the Xenos the Emperor's wrath, the Traitor his intolerance, and our brethren what his will actually is!

Thread to my first time painting: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=247791
Battle Report/more paintingThread: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=269066

http://www.fortresso...ates_Banner.jpg
ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Marshal Buchs

Marshal Buchs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

lovely reds

I love your colorscheme.

The chains on the plasma pistol are lovely.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it! The hvarl red-blade base is currently soaking in soapy water so hopefully get that done soon.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,018 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Grimaldus is well-painted. How will you decorate his base?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black templars, templar, ardent vigil, crusade, faith, fury, primaris, space marine

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users