Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Descent into Elyon - Another Alpha Legion test mini

Imperial Fists Night Lords DIY Chapter Necromunda Orlock Imperial Guard Inquisition Orks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts
  • Faction: Various

Hello Guys!

I have been a hobbyist for (records expugned from the Administratum by inquisitorial decree) and have been on this forum for almost the same amount of time.In all of these years i've had different threads in different parts of the forum, but trying to keep them attractive to new viewers and getting feedback has been quite difficult, all the more credit to each brother that has given me their thoughts whenever i posted something new of course.

So i was thinking last night that it might be easier to merge my separate armies into one thread, tat way i can update it constantly when i paint something new, because i always work on different things at the time.

So, i'd like to start this album with some of the minis i've already painted from different armies.

med_gallery_49745_16178_19429.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_689128.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_937859.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1468906.jpgmed_gallery_49745_16178_198334.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1358168.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16491_38226.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16491_43812.jpg

I hope you like them smile.png

I'll be uploading some of my Orlocks soon, though i still have to paint their bases

Edited by nusphigor, 09 September 2020 - 06:26 PM.

• Doghouse, Aeternus and TrawlingCleaner like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,725 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Beautiful work on the Imperial Fists and the Night Lords.
  • nusphigor likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

Hey guys!

i had a bit of a nostalgia trip looking at my old alpha legion army pics and tried my hand on them again. Here's a test:

med_gallery_49745_16623_286075.jpgmed_gallery_49745_16623_289060.jpg

What do you think od this very old school scheme?

• Scribe and Master Umbra like this

Master Umbra

Master Umbra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
  • Location:Excommunicate Traitoris in Berlin, originally from Canaria Majoris
  • Faction: Night Lords

I love it! 

• nusphigor likes this
"I am a son of the sunless world, and Eighth Legion to my core."

— Attributed to First Captain Sevatar

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

I love it! 

Thanks smile.png

I have been working on a conversion i made for Khorne Berzerkers. I painted the minis with a red armour and the idea is to make chipping on them that show the alpha legion colours underneath the red, but i don't know if i should paint them as world eaters or blood angels, as the models are loyalist marines with conversions for older marks and personalized armour

med_gallery_49745_16623_479390.jpg

Of course, the carroburg crimson is still drying but you can sort of see the amount of epoxy modifications and kitbashing i did :P

Edited by nusphigor, 07 September 2020 - 11:43 PM.

Master Umbra

Master Umbra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

That scheme is a nice idea! I would go with BA, personally. Regarding

Of course, the carroburg crimson is still drying but you can sort of see the amount of epoxy modifications and kitbashing i did tongue.png

Well, I barely could (most of round shapes are modelled by you, right?), which is a good sign because it means that your modelling was effective :).

Cheers!

• nusphigor likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

That scheme is a nice idea! I would go with BA, personally. Regarding

Of course, the carroburg crimson is still drying but you can sort of see the amount of epoxy modifications and kitbashing i did tongue.png

Well, I barely could (most of round shapes are modelled by you, right?), which is a good sign because it means that your modelling was effective smile.png.

Cheers!

Thanks :)  Yes, some cables and the round shapes are what i did. also the trim on the chest of the guy in the center of the 2nd row, the chest and stomach cable of the 1st guy in the 1st row too.
I also did 5 more, let me take more pics of all of them and edit them, because the pics my camera takes always seem to be too huge for the B&C gallery

• Master Umbra likes this

Master Umbra

Master Umbra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Looking forward to them! If it is of any help, what I do is crop them in my device the most I can and then resize them in Paint (to a 20% of the original size).

• nusphigor likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

Looking forward to them! If it is of any help, what I do is crop them in my device the most I can and then resize them in Paint (to a 20% of the original size).

Thank you! What i usually do is very simillar but in photoshop, it's just that i'm a lazy guy and my pics set up isn't that good to be honest

Here are the pics:

med_gallery_49745_16623_169973.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_784076.jpg

You can see most of the epoxy stuff is very round, i still have to lear how to sculpt angular shapes better.
I already started marking the black areas and something tells me they look better as Blood Angels. Maybe it's the MK IV marine, i don't know...

I also sculpted stuff on my Chaos Lord with the slaaneshi talons and a deformed chaos sorcerer with a "force stave" that looks more like a butcher's maul XD

med_gallery_49745_16623_1012238.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_777067.jpg

Edited by nusphigor, 09 September 2020 - 12:58 AM.

• Master Umbra likes this

Master Umbra

Master Umbra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Nice! Yeah, I think you're better off with BA. Regarding your conversions, looking good! That sorcerer for sure is done with sh*t and wants to bash some heads in.

• nusphigor likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

Nice! Yeah, I think you're better off with BA. Regarding your conversions, looking good! That sorcerer for sure is done with sh*t and wants to bash some heads in.

Hahaha yes, i don't really like magic users in 40k but for chaos they are just sooo good i just had to do one of my own but with a twist XD

On the meantime, i have been looking for alpha legion armies painted in dark blue because the dark turquoise just isn't working for me, so i came across an ultramarine whos blue tones are just puzziling me.

884ab33e3b9b37769d180d896033b3d8.jpg

How to achieve that kind of blue?
i am trying right now with a kantor blue basecoat and will do some soft drybrush highlights of Alaitoc Blue and see what happens.
I'll upload a pic of that marine as soon as i can

• Triszin and Bjorn Firewalker like this

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,338 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
That Ultramarine was painted by our dear Kizzdougs and a tutorial on how to do it was posted in his big thread here on the BnC. Don't know the exact page but its in there.
  • nusphigor likes this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

That Ultramarine was painted by our dear Kizzdougs and a tutorial on how to do it was posted in his big thread here on the BnC. Don't know the exact page but its in there.

Thank you mate! I will look for it
However i just finished painting the blue on the test mini and it looks quite nice, but different from ultras blue (a bit more desaturated). It might work but i'll finish it with silvers and whites and make a comparison 

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,725 posts
Good job on the XIII Legionnaire.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

Good job on the XIII Legionnaire.

It isn't mine mate, its just the inspiration i just had for a test mini i'm painting right now
Its from Kizzdougs, as brother Observer mentioned 

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

Hello everyone

So i finished the test mini and it looks quite nice compared to the dull dark turquoise.
I painted it with Kantor Blue and drybrushed alaitoc blue and hoeth blue for highlights, then painted the silver and the gold and did an overall shade of nuln oil.
The freehand is just ulthuan grey with white scars highlights, with some corrections using kantor blue.

med_gallery_49745_16623_1005850.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_479154.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_737217.jpg

What do you guys think?

• Triszin, Captain Caine 24th and Master Umbra like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,725 posts
The XX Legionnaire looks good. How will you decorate his base?
  • nusphigor likes this

Master Umbra

Master Umbra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

I was a fan of your previous color scheme, but I must say congrats for nailing the color you were looking for! I know the struggle is real regarding these sort of things. It's funny, because in my thread someone mentioned that my NL might end up looking too AL due to the green hue I am going for (looks more eerie than bright red and saturated blue, IMHO), which is a valid concern that I took into account. Here, you have an Alpha Legionaire that could pass as a Night Lord. However, let's be honest, both legions can be represented in a wide spectrum of colors, specially AL! Besides, it's your project, so I'd say you're good. Specially if you keep adding those cool freehand chains and hydra motifs! Or are they transfers? Anyway, well done!

• nusphigor likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

The XX Legionnaire looks good. How will you decorate his base?

Thanks mate! I don't know because im really bad with bases :/
i was thinking of something simple of grey and white urban rubble and maybe weathering a bit the miniature with paint scratches and dust.

I was a fan of your previous color scheme, but I must say congrats for nailing the color you were looking for! I know the struggle is real regarding these sort of things. It's funny, because in my thread someone mentioned that my NL might end up looking too AL due to the green hue I am going for (looks more eerie than bright red and saturated blue, IMHO), which is a valid concern that I took into account. Here, you have an Alpha Legionaire that could pass as a Night Lord. However, let's be honest, both legions can be represented in a wide spectrum of colors, specially AL! Besides, it's your project, so I'd say you're good. Specially if you keep adding those cool freehand chains and hydra motifs! Or are they transfers? Anyway, well done!

Thanks mate!
I don't really like the other because it looks so dark and weird, besides i have this artwork in my mind:

5ef4b4c5d20f089a095c46e9de415c73.jpg

So maybe i'll change the boltgun a bit :P

The symbols are freehanded with ulthian grey and then highlighted with white scar, but i think i'll change them on future minis to celestra grey and ulthuan grey because it looks too sharp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Fists, Night Lords, DIY Chapter, Necromunda, Orlock, Imperial Guard, Inquisition, Orks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users