Descent into Elyon - new CHOAS army

Hello Guys!

I have been a hobbyist for (records expugned from the Administratum by inquisitorial decree) and have been on this forum for almost the same amount of time.In all of these years i've had different threads in different parts of the forum, but trying to keep them attractive to new viewers and getting feedback has been quite difficult, all the more credit to each brother that has given me their thoughts whenever i posted something new of course.

So i was thinking last night that it might be easier to merge my separate armies into one thread, tat way i can update it constantly when i paint something new, because i always work on different things at the time.

So, i'd like to start this album with some of the minis i've already painted from different armies.

med_gallery_49745_16178_19429.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_689128.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_937859.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1468906.jpgmed_gallery_49745_16178_198334.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1358168.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16491_38226.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16491_43812.jpg

I hope you like them :smile.:

I'll be uploading some of my Orlocks soon, though i still have to paint their bases

Edited by nusphigor

• 2 months later...

I love it!

I have been working on a conversion i made for Khorne Berzerkers. I painted the minis with a red armour and the idea is to make chipping on them that show the alpha legion colours underneath the red, but i don't know if i should paint them as world eaters or blood angels, as the models are loyalist marines with conversions for older marks and personalized armour

med_gallery_49745_16623_479390.jpg

Of course, the carroburg crimson is still drying but you can sort of see the amount of epoxy modifications and kitbashing i did :P

Edited by nusphigor

That scheme is a nice idea! I would go with BA, personally. Regarding

Of course, the carroburg crimson is still drying but you can sort of see the amount of epoxy modifications and kitbashing i did :tongue.:

Well, I barely could (most of round shapes are modelled by you, right?), which is a good sign because it means that your modelling was effective :).

Cheers!

That scheme is a nice idea! I would go with BA, personally. Regarding

Of course, the carroburg crimson is still drying but you can sort of see the amount of epoxy modifications and kitbashing i did :tongue.:

Well, I barely could (most of round shapes are modelled by you, right?), which is a good sign because it means that your modelling was effective :smile.:.

Cheers!

Thanks :)  Yes, some cables and the round shapes are what i did. also the trim on the chest of the guy in the center of the 2nd row, the chest and stomach cable of the 1st guy in the 1st row too.

I also did 5 more, let me take more pics of all of them and edit them, because the pics my camera takes always seem to be too huge for the B&C gallery

Looking forward to them! If it is of any help, what I do is crop them in my device the most I can and then resize them in Paint (to a 20% of the original size).

Thank you! What i usually do is very simillar but in photoshop, it's just that i'm a lazy guy and my pics set up isn't that good to be honest

Here are the pics:

med_gallery_49745_16623_169973.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_784076.jpg

You can see most of the epoxy stuff is very round, i still have to lear how to sculpt angular shapes better.

I already started marking the black areas and something tells me they look better as Blood Angels. Maybe it's the MK IV marine, i don't know...

I also sculpted stuff on my Chaos Lord with the slaaneshi talons and a deformed chaos sorcerer with a "force stave" that looks more like a butcher's maul XD

med_gallery_49745_16623_1012238.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_777067.jpg

Edited by nusphigor

Nice! Yeah, I think you're better off with BA. Regarding your conversions, looking good! That sorcerer for sure is done with sh*t and wants to bash some heads in.

Hahaha yes, i don't really like magic users in 40k but for chaos they are just sooo good i just had to do one of my own but with a twist XD

On the meantime, i have been looking for alpha legion armies painted in dark blue because the dark turquoise just isn't working for me, so i came across an ultramarine whos blue tones are just puzziling me.

884ab33e3b9b37769d180d896033b3d8.jpg

How to achieve that kind of blue?

i am trying right now with a kantor blue basecoat and will do some soft drybrush highlights of Alaitoc Blue and see what happens.

I'll upload a pic of that marine as soon as i can

That Ultramarine was painted by our dear Kizzdougs and a tutorial on how to do it was posted in his big thread here on the BnC. Don't know the exact page but its in there.

Thank you mate! I will look for it

However i just finished painting the blue on the test mini and it looks quite nice, but different from ultras blue (a bit more desaturated). It might work but i'll finish it with silvers and whites and make a comparison 

Hello everyone

So i finished the test mini and it looks quite nice compared to the dull dark turquoise.
I painted it with Kantor Blue and drybrushed alaitoc blue and hoeth blue for highlights, then painted the silver and the gold and did an overall shade of nuln oil.
The freehand is just ulthuan grey with white scars highlights, with some corrections using kantor blue.

med_gallery_49745_16623_1005850.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_479154.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16623_737217.jpg

What do you guys think?

I was a fan of your previous color scheme, but I must say congrats for nailing the color you were looking for! I know the struggle is real regarding these sort of things. It's funny, because in my thread someone mentioned that my NL might end up looking too AL due to the green hue I am going for (looks more eerie than bright red and saturated blue, IMHO), which is a valid concern that I took into account. Here, you have an Alpha Legionaire that could pass as a Night Lord. However, let's be honest, both legions can be represented in a wide spectrum of colors, specially AL! Besides, it's your project, so I'd say you're good. Specially if you keep adding those cool freehand chains and hydra motifs! Or are they transfers? Anyway, well done!

The XX Legionnaire looks good. How will you decorate his base?

Thanks mate! I don't know because im really bad with bases :/

i was thinking of something simple of grey and white urban rubble and maybe weathering a bit the miniature with paint scratches and dust.

I was a fan of your previous color scheme, but I must say congrats for nailing the color you were looking for! I know the struggle is real regarding these sort of things. It's funny, because in my thread someone mentioned that my NL might end up looking too AL due to the green hue I am going for (looks more eerie than bright red and saturated blue, IMHO), which is a valid concern that I took into account. Here, you have an Alpha Legionaire that could pass as a Night Lord. However, let's be honest, both legions can be represented in a wide spectrum of colors, specially AL! Besides, it's your project, so I'd say you're good. Specially if you keep adding those cool freehand chains and hydra motifs! Or are they transfers? Anyway, well done!

Thanks mate!

I don't really like the other because it looks so dark and weird, besides i have this artwork in my mind:

5ef4b4c5d20f089a095c46e9de415c73.jpg

So maybe i'll change the boltgun a bit :p

The symbols are freehanded with ulthian grey and then highlighted with white scar, but i think i'll change them on future minis to celestra grey and ulthuan grey because it looks too sharp

• 5 months later...

Hello guys!

I haven't posted in a long time but i guess i my hobby inspiration is dying a bit.

I just finished some primaris minis from a chapter i created a looooooong time ago, when the 5th ed Blood angels codex was out. I call them the Knights of St. Jerulas.

Castellan Bertram is a lieutenant equivalent and Interrogator Badasius a chaplain.
The idea of this chapter is that they were crusaders from an unkown founding but loosely related to the blood angels and they were created to preserve the cardinal worlds that the imperial saint St. Jerulas liberated from the taint of chaos some time ago.

I made their scheme suspiciously similar to the black templars because it's quite easy to paint and very eye catching with few extra bits.
i guess that now that we are in 9th ed. i won't play them as blood angels but instead one of the successor chapters from the core book, but since last game i had was in 2019 i suppose i don't care anymore about rules and such XD

anyways, here are some pics

med_gallery_49745_16940_56700.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16940_69270.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16940_28745.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16940_7712.jpg

I think i might paint the Grand Master (chapter master) and the Marshall (Captain) next.

I hope you guys like them!

• 6 months later...

Dynamic and full of character. Finally a model with his foot on a rock that makes sense. Awesome job!

Thanks mate. I used the ragnar model because it's quite a nice sculpt, but of course i had to de-wolf-ify it XD

Anyways, that chapter idea died in the end because my hobby inspiration ran dry and i stripped the paint of those models.

I'm still looking for a new chapter though...

Hey all!

I decided to join the Orktoberfest event and I'll be painting Warboss 'Eadchoppa.

On other news, I might paint some talos and Drukhari Wyches soon just to change a bit from marines :)

Wish me luck!

med_gallery_49745_17175_325571.jpg

Devastation

++Prologue of the Battle for the Elyon System++
++Based on the first battle of my crusade narrative games++

"We make our stand here, Brothers!" - Says Brother Captain Thale of the 7th Company, leader of the Primaris Strike force Deliverance. "The foul xenos plagues this world, and it is our duty to erradicate them from the worlds of the sacred Imperium of man!"

Battered and crippled, the strike force has been battling the raiders of the Cult of Strife for 2 Years, but the Eldar cult had cut out the Imperial lines of reinforcement on the Elyon Sector and has gradually reduced their number through a long and bitter guerilla war.
Now, the only astartes left alive on the planet of Cerberi are Brother-Captain Erasmus Thale, Veteran Squad Julan, Interccessor Squad Halsor and Outrider Squad Ulandro. These few men are the thin line that stands against the darkness on these condemned worlds.

"As Sergeant Ulandro notified, the detestable aliens are en route to our position. Our mission to reactivate the astropathic link nodes is the priority, brothers. The message MUST reach sector command, what ever the cost we must pay" - Says the captain and then proceeds to order his brothers to defend the Astropath's sanctum on the ruined city of Inferia Primaris, capital of the devastated planet.

Squad Halsor and Squad Julan stood vigilance on node primus as the captain entered the final confirmation codes on the comunication hub. Meanwhile, Squad Ulandro set course north towards node secundus in order to unite both comunication hubs and get a clearer signal to sent the message to the outer sector.

As the Imperial Fists set to their task, the malevolent Cult of Strife set an ambush. From the North-east of the sanctum, came the reavers on their anti-gravitic bikes as if thrown out of the shadows of the dying world. They tried to overpower Squad Julan with their speed and chain snares, but they were veterans of the chapter and dispatched the xenos with controlled bursts of their Heavy Pistols and practized anti xenos combat maneuvers with their powerful chainswords. As they dispatched the last of the Reavers, Captain Thale noted the heavy loss of veteran brother Mauros, as a dying eldar set his alien vehicle to top speed against the astartes, exploding in the impact and killing the veteran of the Vigilus campaign in the process.

As the Outriders finished thair work on node secundus, they noticed the slender form of an Eldar Raider full of the xenos setting an ambush on the eastern flank of the sanctum. Ulandro tried to comunicate with his captain to warn his brothers of this threat but the alien beings jammed their communications.

From the outlandish vehicle came a full trope of veteran wyches called The Bloodbrides, and their leader, a succubus known as The Mauler of Inferia. Theirs was the speed of lighting, and with a strength unheard of in the Eldar race, overwhelmed Sergeant Julan and his veterans, dismembering them with a whirlwind of blades.

"Brother Halsor, finish the communication rites and protect the node. I will deal with this abomination myself!" said the Imperial Fists Captain as he threw himself into the melee, in order to avenge the deaths of his veterans.

As the Intercessor sergeant finished clearing the rites, his comm-bead informed him of an incomming signal. "Brother, this is Sergeant Ulandro. Be wary, the xenos are comming from the east but jammed my communications earlier".
"We need you here, brother. Julan and our Brothers lie dead at the blades of the eldar and our captain is dealing with their leader but we are outnumbered" Said the primaris sergeant on this comms.
"Be strong in Dorn's name brother. We are on our way" Said the Outrider as he and his brothers started the engines of their bikes and set course back to Node primus.

Meanwhile, the captain of the 7th company was locked in a brutal engagement against the xenos. He alone stood defiant against the blades of the Bloodbrides and their Succubus, always parrying expertly with his Relic shield and delivering blows with his master crafted sword, ending the lives of many wyches.
When the Mauler came upon him, she delivered a flurry of blows akin to a tornado of silver metal. Each blow designed to maim the astartes or to decapitate him instantly. Only his combat experience and the blessings of the God-Emperor saved brother Thale from many a certain death.

The Bloodbrides came upon Squad Halsor as the duel of the leaders was closing on the primus hub. The intercessors tried their best to repel the attacks of the wyches, but in the end only the Primaris Sergeant was barely left alive to complete the communication link and finish sending the message.
"Brothers, the link is complete. Our primarch smiles upon us this..." Were Brother Sergeant's Halsor last words.

The Outriders were enraged as they listened the final proclamation of the Intercessor, and so charged the foul wyches, ending their lives in a flurry of chainswords and gore.

But still, the duel of the 7th company Captain and the Mauler of Inferia continued as it was the combat of a mighty mountain against the dark fury of an alien thunderstorm. Brother Thale found an opening on the Succubus, took advantage of it with his powerful sword and rammed with all his strength against the abominable xenos. But this was a trap of the dishonorable Eldar, as she used her exposed belly to catch the sword arm of the Astartes captain, giving her the space to decapitate him in one swift drug-fueled motion.

The outriders saw their captain die in the most horrible way possible and set to avenge their lord, but the fury of the Succubus was stronger than even the best of them.

After the storm of blood and gore passed, only The Mauler of Inferia and the Dark Raider of hers were left on the battlefield. She laughed as she saw the carnage she had caused in mere minutes of combat, then embarked on the alien carriage and set south to the darker places of the devastated world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

+++INCOMING MESSAGE+++

+

+++PRIORITY ALPHA 83 SED 602+++

+

+++ELYON SYSTEM THEATRE HIGH COMMAND+++

+

+++REQUESTING IDENT SIGILS+++

+

+

+
+++IDENT SIGILS CONFIRMED. ROSETTA STONE MU6392OMICRON4362 CONFIRMED+++

+

+++RELAYING MESSAGE+++

+

+

+

+++CONFIRM ORDER+++

+

+++DEPLOYING LIBERATION FORCE ARACHNE ON SYSTEM+++

+

+

+

+++CONTACTING CHAPTER 666 ADEPTUS ASTARTES+++

+

+

+

+++ASTARTES HIGH COMMAND COMPLIANT+++

+++DEPLOYING STRIKE FORCE SILVERBLADE ON SYSTEM+++

+

+

+

+++CONTACTING CHAPTER VII ADEPTUS ASTARTES IMPERIAL FISTS+++

+

+

+

+++ASTARTES HIGH COMMAND COMPLIANT+++

+++DEPLOYING RETRIBUTION FORCE HAMMERFALL+++

+

+++ADEPTUS ASTARTES CHAPTER COMMAND REQUESTING DECAPITATION RIGHTS ON THE THEATRE OF WAR+++

+

+

+

+++RIGHTS DENIED BY INQUISITORIAL DECREE #52839663+++

+

+

+

+++ASTARTES RETRIBUTION FORCE HAMMERFALL COMPLIANT+++

+

+

+

+++REQUESTING DECAPITATION RIGHTS+++

+

+

+++ELYON SYSTEM HIGH COMMAND CONFIRMES THEATRE COMMAND TO LORD INQUISITOR THADDEUS VAN HALEN+++

+

+

+

+++NO SACRIFICE IS TO GREAT. NO TREACHERY IS TOO SMALL+++

• 5 months later...

Hello guys.
it's been a while but I decided to join the anger and arrogance event because i want to play my new CHOAS army in a local tournament next april 3rd.
So, here is the picture of my vow for the event but the main idea is to have them battle ready standard before next saturday so I can play the event without any negative points.
It will be quite a journey, but as I'm planning to paint them as Steel Brethren or as a fallen warband it might not be that hard with my airbrush.

Wish me luck!

gallery_49745_17383_1595524.jpg

Edited by nusphigor