Dedicated codex or codex supplement - which would be better?

Sete

Honestly, I feel like a lot of the calling of the Faith & Fury stuff "half arsed" is purely because people didn't exactly like it or it wasn't as innately powerful as the other breakout chapter supplements.

At this point a codex or a supplement could do them justice.

They'd need new models for a codex though tbh.

Nah Charlo, No special issue wargear, half the strats, and no second warlord trait option like in every other supplement, correct me if im wrong.

Lack of Mini and upgrade  sprue (even a transfer now would be welcome) was a huge nail in the coffin.

A supplement would be more than enough, I think majority of the fans here (sorry if im speaking for you guys, and you don't agree) just wanted the same treatment as the other CSM. I mean that was the point of becoming part of CSM in the first place.

Edited by Sete

Same treatment as each other codex chapter would be okay. The time of our own codex way in the past ended a few month in start of 6th edition. the main frustration came after BT has no real BT-playstyle anymore and then getting less attention then others in this codex in terms of rules, models and the lore.

Nah Charlo, No special issue wargear, half the strats, and no second warlord trait option like in every other supplement, correct me if im wrong.

Lack of Mini and upgrade sprue (even a transfer now would be welcome) was a huge nail in the coffin.

A supplement would be more than enough, I think majority of the fans here (sorry if im speaking for you guys, and you don't agree) just wanted the same treatment as the other CSM. I mean that was the point of becoming part of CSM in the first place.

Agree with everything you said. Supplement and maybe an upgrade sprue. That would be plenty..... for now.

Same treatment as each other codex chapter would be okay. The time of our own codex way in the past ended a few month in start of 6th edition. the main frustration came after BT has no real BT-playstyle anymore and then getting less attention then others in this codex in terms of rules, models and the lore.

When 6th dropped and the templars were rolled into the standard marine book was a sad day. I turned away from actively playing them at that point but never really left them behind. They're still the coolest chapter around even though their lore has been butchered and our rules are meh. I have roughly 8k points of unassembled marines that I've been trying to decide what to do with for years and I still keep coming back to the eternal crusade.

Also, how do you multi quote on mobile?

Edited by JimVandy85

I wouldn't be surprised now if we saw those four go to supplements as well...

Imagine the :cussstorm.

But it would make sense.

They are all under the SM tab on the store...

We have been there. They all had a Supplement in third Edition.

I am feelin old.

One of the main problems with the codices in 3rd edition was that they were very light on lore. The codices and codex supplements in subsequent editions, however, have been very heavy on lore.

For the Black Templars to not have been given a codex supplement in 8th edition frankly astounds me. At the very least, a codex supplement for the Black Templars would go a long way towards enriching players' understanding of and ZEAL for the Chapter. The Chapter has just as much history as any of the so-called "First Founding" Chapters and a codex supplement would help to expand the lore and potentially bring the Chapter up to date with the Era Indomitus.

Also, how do you multi quote on mobile?

I don't think that you can multiquote using the mobile skin. What you can do is change to the full version skin on a mobile device. It requires you to zoom and pan and scan, but it gives you the functionality of the full skin.

I think a couple of new models like a Primaris Emperor champion would help aswell.

I have a shred of hope that GW was saving the BT supplement for 9th edition to drop with the close combat dudes.

Its a longshot, but...

Either way, like I have been saying, this release will be good for BT exposition.

Bt continue to be somewhat popular and this can only improve our odds.

Those were still technically codexes. They were just really thin!

They we're technicaly labeled as Codex but you couldnt use them without the Standard Space Märine Codex. All shared units had a "Look at the Space Marine Codex" as that entries havent been printed into the codizies.

Still have them with Codec Armageddon, the first Templar incarnation of rules.

A supplement would be more than enough, I think majority of the fans here (sorry if im speaking for you guys, and you don't agree) just wanted the same treatment as the other CSM. I mean that was the point of becoming part of CSM in the first place.

Absolutely agree. A properly done supplement is (as far as I'm concerned, aside from cost and having two physical books rather than one) an advantage over a standalone Codex. As a former Dark Angels player, I remember the headaches of our dex being updated out of sync with vanilla SM, and missing out on new units, FAQs occasionally not getting applied consistently etc etc. I'd rather have a nice tightly worded main Codex, which could be the main point of application of FAQs/errata/new units, and a supplement full of cool fluff, plus our special units. In an ideal world we'd get some Primarisification of characters alongside that, and maybe a new upgrade sprue.

I know this may be heresy, but I'm much more concerned about Grimaldus, Helbrecht (or whoever our High Marshal happens to be at the time), and an Emperor's Champion than I am about Crusader Squads - yes, they nicely play to the knight/squire archetype, now we've got Assault Intercessors, I'm happy enough.

Honestly a suppement or codex doesn’t matter, I just want several pages of new fluff morw than anything else. That is the biggest disappointment I had with F&F, where was the hot new lore for our boys in black? Like I want to know what new crusades wd have going, how we responded to Cicactrix or if Helbrecht met with Gulliman.

One of my favorite moments in 1.0 8th Marine codex was Gulliman meeting Cantor.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of the calling of the Faith & Fury stuff "half arsed" is purely because people didn't exactly like it or it wasn't as innately powerful as the other breakout chapter supplements.

At this point a codex or a supplement could do them justice.

They'd need new models for a codex though tbh.

to be honest, in terms of our superdoctrine its true. Before it was released I always said "unmodified 6s are autowounds" gonna be our superdoctrine because its weak and GW hates Black Templars"...  very sad to become true - even worse then I thought because you have to charge and not on vehicles....

The next thing is the power in the game indeed. It feels like GW want that.

And then the things which all other chapters get but not us. Extremly powerful new characters ( new models + new extrem powerful rules) and last but not least:

absolutely no lore.

Oddly enough they never have issues like that with other certain chapters ;)

Just a little tongue in cheek comment, I have no interest in persuing this discussion, nor I think its productive or healthy for the thread.

Let's focus on the good stuff dudes.

My main fear is how long are we gonna have to wait for some attention?

At the moment we are the only chapter without anything primaris specific whatsoever...

Edited by Sete

Don't forget about Crimson Fists and Flesh Tearers they don't have anything primaris specific either.

but deserve it. Common GW,... its your first ever created Space Marine and the chapter of the infamous Flesh Tearer Amit himself.