Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000 App details

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
610 replies to this topic

Are Verlo

Are Verlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 577 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I’m not too impressed. Long story short: read article at wh community about the app being available for iOS. Activating subscription for a lower price than first annaunced?! 15 nok/month equals 2 USD/month. The article is deleted and I have started a sub for a service/product that currently does not exist...

Sidenote:
And I can’t find ePub version of the new rule book, nor the GT mission pack over at Warhammer-digital. Did anyone get to buy the digital books?

Edited by Are Verlo, 25 July 2020 - 07:56 PM.

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
It is about time for this non-constructive negativity to stop. Either the conversation turns constructive or this thread might as well end.

A fair amount of leniency has been shown here in this thread. But those who were disappointed and needed to vent have now had more than enough time to do so.

So, to make this clear, further non-constructive negativity will result in this thread being locked.

Edited by Dam13n, 25 July 2020 - 08:56 PM.

• Black Blow Fly and battle captain corpus like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,187 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Ha! They’ve actually deleted the article that says it’s available on iOS! Must have some kind of issue or they were premature with the article

WAIT WUD ?!?

Does this mean no iOS support ???
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,818 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

It is about time for this non-constructive negativity to stop. Either the conversation turns constructive or this thread might as well end.

A fair amount of leniency has been shown here in this thread. But those who were disappointed and needed to vent have now had more than enough time to do so.

So, to make this clear, further non-constructive negativity will result in this thread being locked.

So every single thread about the 9th release gets locked because we're being negative? Reporting on things like "the app doesn't have the new rules for the edition it's released for, on the day those rules come out" is news. Saying the 9th ed faq wasn't updated for the launch of 9th with all the copy paste errors is also news (but that threads locked, great). It's relevant for the subforum and on topic of the thread.

Maybe start deleting the non-constructive positivity and baiting that tries to drown out the actual facts instead of shutting things down.
  • Noserenda, Inquisitor Eisenhorn, depthcharge12 and 5 others like this

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
They get locked because they aren't constructive. The same complaints being made over and over again does not achieve anything.

This thread may have also suffered from some non-constructive positivity, but compared to the veritable tide of negativity, it's a drop in the ocean.

Edited by Dam13n, 25 July 2020 - 09:23 PM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,818 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Shutting down areas of news for the relevant topics is the least constructive. Stuff can't always be positive; the app has been delayed, over-promised in features and clunky as a reference. I'm sorry if you get tired of people giving feedback on their experiences using it, but that's news since it just released; if it sucks then it's going to have negative feedback. That's the nature of good and bad things, they'll tend to attract proportionally more of one side.

Delete the gas lighting, keep the threads open so news can be communicated....
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn, depthcharge12, The_Bloody and 4 others like this

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,894 posts

I paid and here's my take:

• The app, as it is now, is the kind of like a new Index 40k until 9th edition codexes start coming out. Subscribe now if you want a similar level of content (including points) for a short period and then maybe unsubscribe once your codex is out.
  • Each datasheet includes all the unit's options, rules (including faction rules, but not detachment rules), weapon options and stats, and other ability options (Harlequins, for example, have their Pivotal Roles on the datasheet), and points for each model and wargear.
  • The organization within datasheets isn't bad, it mirrors that of the printed versions (Stat lines, models in the unit, weapon stats, wargear options, abilities, then keywords).
  • Psychic powers are listed in a single page, but each does turn up independently in the search function.
  • Psychic Awakening book references are not separated by faction. All the stratagems are on one page (for example, Battle-Lust for World Eaters is right before Bellowing Firebrand for Chaplains). Each does turn up independently in the search function.
  • The "weird" factions like Assassins, Inquisition, and Sisters of Silence do not have the rules involved in taking them/using them with another force (for example, I couldn't find the Talons of the Emperor rule anywhere).
  • There's no filter system or cross-referencing system and the search function searches everything, not just the codex you are currently in. It seems to search by item name. Useful if you know exactly what you're looking for, less useful if you want to find all the stratagems that apply to a specific unit.
  • The long term viability of the subscription model (in my opinion) will entirely depend on the army builder, its UI and ease of use, and how much it tracks in terms of list legality.

• War Angel and Fulkes like this

gallery_48988_15094_2398.png sml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts

Thing is, we’re on page 25 of the thread already. While the negativity is warranted, to some extent, stating the same over and over is not news, whether you want it or not...

I’ll wait for the iOS version to come out and subscribe, maybe the execution is better on that one although I doubt it. Having skipped 8th almost entirely, it could be a decent resource, so I don’t mind subbing and commenting on the usability of that version of the app...
  • Fulkes likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Ha! They’ve actually deleted the article that says it’s available on iOS! Must have some kind of issue or they were premature with the article

WAIT WUD ?!?

Does this mean no iOS support ???
If you go back to the announcement yesterday they said that the iOS app would be coming "tomorrow or the day after".

They likely scheduled the iOS app article to go up today and had to change it when it didn't come out.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Shutting down areas of news for the relevant topics is the least constructive. Stuff can't always be positive; the app has been delayed, over-promised in features and clunky as a reference. I'm sorry if you get tired of people giving feedback on their experiences using it, but that's news since it just released; if it sucks then it's going to have negative feedback. That's the nature of good and bad things, they'll tend to attract proportionally more of one side.

Or if we want a several page whinge thread we start a new one instead of treating it as news. We all know it's missing things, and GW even said it'd launch missing some features so I don't know how repeating how mad people are that the things GW said wouldn't be there at launch aren't there is "news".

This isn't YouTube. We don't need to treat angry reactions as news content.

Edited by Fulkes, 25 July 2020 - 10:55 PM.

• jaxom likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,794 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37
Okay. -unhooks Crozius-

...lets park this for a bit I think. I'm closing this thread for a time. It's obvious that whilst it is a very hot topic, it is struggling to be discussed in a constructive or positive sense.

Various Moderators have tried to steer it back on course and unfortunately little to no heed is being paid.

We will review its reopening in due course.

- Crozius slam-

-][- This thread is closed -][-

BCC
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users