Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Terrain Incoming

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,055 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
These pipes show up in some of the leaked 9th ed sets and someone leaked the box now too:
UhT1MBP.jpg

Edited by Fulkes, 09 July 2020 - 04:07 PM.

• Master Commander Ajax, Kierdale, Gendo and 4 others like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 840 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

and i´ve barely gotten my old pipes undercoated...

• Master Commander Ajax, Kierdale, Nusquam and 1 other like this

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts
Hmmm wonder if there's a new range coming? Where's it come from please?

Good they block LoS to the bikes :)

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts

I love it! Is this a kit that'll have the cardboard "mat" in it as well (since it says battlefield on the box)? I don't need any of those and it feels wasteful to buy a kit and throw away stuff. So hopefully there's a standalone box for just this stuff dropping at the same time/soon thereafter.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,560 posts

y5RkR3O9bgH9Db1P.jpg

I believe the box is just the boards.

• Fulkes, 01RTB01, Gendo and 1 other like this

mkbKIlr.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts
I'd like a 'battlefield in a box' type job for home. Something to enable 1k games to play.

Fingers crossed!
  • Kierdale and Bev'an like this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,033 posts

I believe the box is just the boards.

True but I think the point was that the terrain on the box doesn't look scratch built and thus represents an unamed or soon to be released kit.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

andes

andes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts
  • Faction: Evil Suns, Imp. Fists, T'au

Someone at GW really likes pipes.

• Doghouse, Dracos, Kierdale and 4 others like this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,382 posts

I had the old pipes that GW phased out for the new pipes (i had the new ones in a Killteam killzone expansion and some in conquest too) and now NEW pipes again?

Thy look cool but I don't think i wil buy MORE PIPES :D

• Hexagon Sun likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts
So this is the 3rd set of pipes in like 5 years....really? I hope they're compatible
  • Arch69 likes this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 625 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

https://www.youtube....h?v=sw8S_Kv89IU

(David Wilcox: Layin' Pipe)

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,973 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

Not a fan of that kind of terrain. I need fast simple painted terrain that is easily defined by the rules at a glance. Most I don't need to spend as much time painting terrain as I do my models .... and I really prefer rolling on the neoprene mats. Dice boxes are cool but usually cant handle 5 Aggressors ;)

• Arch69 likes this

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.png  gallery_48988_10069_135.png  gallery_48988_15465_8206.png  gallery_87434_12256_5320.png  sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg  

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts

I had the old pipes that GW phased out for the new pipes (i had the new ones in a Killteam killzone expansion and some in conquest too) and now NEW pipes again?

Thy look cool but I don't think i wil buy MORE PIPES biggrin.png

They had promethium pipes, released plasma pipes and now it seems like the glorious return of promethium pipes.

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts
Killteam style boxes I’m guessing. Looks good as long as they’re compatible with the thermic. Got so many.
  • Arch69 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts
Didn't realise but as pointed the box is just the boards

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,079 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

Just a quick one. New barricade kind of things, maybe pipes and some other bits and bobs. To me with the dice in the pic it triggered starter set thoughts. What do we think?

Credit: Australian GW I believe, shared on Facebook though, will edit if confirmed.

med_gallery_3547_14064_111667.jpg

• Pork Chop Express, librisrouge and Arch69 like this
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts
Already seen and is the cover of the new game board box

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,079 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

Already seen and is the cover of the new game board box

Ah man, hadn't seen it here. Must've missed it. Delete as appropriate mods if needed.
  • 01RTB01 likes this
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts
The box cover is a different image of this set. Can anyone confirm if these pieces are already out?

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts

The box cover is a different image of this set. Can anyone confirm if these pieces are already out?

Been seen on fbook. Definitely the map/board set.

The scenery is new but no idea when or how it'll release

Edited by 01RTB01, 11 July 2020 - 12:24 AM.

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts
Disappointed it’s not in the boards to be honest was hoping for some themed battle zone boxes like killteam.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,626 posts
We do need a replacement for the promethium pipes set and this looks much more distinctive from the available plasma set!
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,172 posts
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Art on the boards looks quite nice.

However, interesting that in their pre-order description it says that each of the scenic boards are 1.5mm thick and fold into 8. Does anyone know what material they're made of? If it's just printed cardboard, I'd be a bit concerned about how well they last, or if you'd quickly end up with a pattern of faded/worn art along the folds?

Been thinking about getting a neoprene mat, not convinced these would be an improvement? Although for a 44x30 table at £30, they'd probably be a bit cheaper than a mat.
  • Firedrake Cordova likes this

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,551 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

The boards are good quality board that you do not really have to worry about damaging but the problem with them is the fold connecting all the board parts. If you fold it incorrectly or pull it the top layer can come loose slightly and over time it will pull it off the rest of the board. They should all be separated to stop this.

• Lysimachus and Arch69 like this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

Art on the boards looks quite nice.

However, interesting that in their pre-order description it says that each of the scenic boards are 1.5mm thick and fold into 8. Does anyone know what material they're made of? If it's just printed cardboard, I'd be a bit concerned about how well they last, or if you'd quickly end up with a pattern of faded/worn art along the folds?

Been thinking about getting a neoprene mat, not convinced these would be an improvement? Although for a 44x30 table at £30, they'd probably be a bit cheaper than a mat.

Considering 44x60 neoprene mats go for €65-70 on average (plus shipping), I'm not sure that printed cardboard would be worth it if two of them would cost £60.
I haven't got one yet since I'm still on the fence about the design I like.

• Lysimachus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users