Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Terrain Incoming

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 530 posts

...not exactly sure how I feel about the change in board size. Might be me but...I don't like the fact the board isn't in "round" feet measurements. I get they are pushing new board sizes but still...not sure how I feel about it.

Oh man, you would not be able to handle playing this game while living in the civilised world that uses the metric system. :P
  • Arkhanist likes this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,032 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

...not exactly sure how I feel about the change in board size. Might be me but...I don't like the fact the board isn't in "round" feet measurements. I get they are pushing new board sizes but still...not sure how I feel about it.

Oh man, you would not be able to handle playing this game while living in the civilised world that uses the metric system. :P

We specifically murdered “civilized” people so that we didn’t have to follow their metric system, or use stones to weigh things.
  • Calgar 2.0 and Dark Shepherd like this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

clanfield

clanfield

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts
  • Faction: ironhands clan khargul

hey its on the can, imperium we use imperial :P

• Firedrake Cordova, RolandTHTG, nanosquid and 1 other like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,328 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

hey its on the can, imperium we use imperial :P

Do you not find it shifts from BL author to author? I've definitely read some BL stuff in Metric, some in Imperial.

Apparently the US Army will name their new Styker missile tank the Manticore (Because of 40k) if enough people vote for it. You know what to do:

https://taskandpurpo...rBYMuajHcxqrBPY

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,137 posts

These boards are looking to be more than a little expensive when compared to Kill Zones and the like. Bit of a shame really, especially in a world where third-parties make fantastic neoprene mats for a similar price (or less during sales).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,032 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal

These boards are looking to be more than a little expensive when compared to Kill Zones and the like. Bit of a shame really, especially in a world where third-parties make fantastic neoprene mats for a similar price (or less during sales).

No idea why anyone would but this when a mat would cost almost the same.
But it does give credit to the idea that GW switched the board size to sell product.
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts

Getting way off topic here, but the imperial system, while less precise, is way more useful for the human scale and day-to-day activities. That's why 40k uses inches, after all!

Edited by nanosquid, 15 July 2020 - 04:41 AM.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,125 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion

better view:
108213899_10159323750078265_668985059474

R2D2 approves. ;)
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,004 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Nice pipes, but...

more pipes? Wat was wrong with the old ones?

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,626 posts

Nice pipes, but...

Those are plasma pipes; these must be something like a replacement for promethium pipes. It's great for Necromunda where there are rules for two types of pipes in the (advanced) terrain rules in The Book of Perils.
  • Firedrake Cordova, Quantum and Gederas like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,279 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Nice pipes, but...

Ah, you see one set is for plasma, these are for promethium. How can I make a promethium refinery with plasma pipes?! outrageous! teehee.gif  

• Firedrake Cordova, mithrilforge and quasistellar like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,328 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Nice pipes, but...

Ah, you see one set is for plasma, these are for promethium. How can I make a promethium refinery with plasma pipes?! outrageous! teehee.gif

Putting plasma down a promethium pipe sounds like crossing the streams...
  • Firedrake Cordova, Doctor Perils, quasistellar and 1 other like this

Apparently the US Army will name their new Styker missile tank the Manticore (Because of 40k) if enough people vote for it. You know what to do:

https://taskandpurpo...rBYMuajHcxqrBPY

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,279 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Nice pipes, but...

Ah, you see one set is for plasma, these are for promethium. How can I make a promethium refinery with plasma pipes?! outrageous! teehee.gif

Putting plasma down a promethium pipe sounds like crossing the streams...

Well, it would be a good way to free up real estate in a hive city that's for sure. whistling.gif

• Firedrake Cordova, Redrandy93, Gederas and 1 other like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts
That does sounds like a nice scenario for Necromunda :D
  • MegaVolt87 likes this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,602 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
The terrain in the video at 1:42 is new, right? https://www.warhamme...he-forge-world/

Dallo

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 223 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

The terrain in the video at 1:42 is new, right? https://www.warhamme...he-forge-world/

Dallo

It appears to be a new range of terrain, like the sector mechanicus and sector administratum had a baby.

Jacques Corbin

Jacques Corbin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,720 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Maybe they are sewer pipes, and the Death Guard can hook certain weapons up to get bonuses like with Flamers and Promethium Pipes...

VanDutch

VanDutch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 142 posts

Dallo

At first I thought it was from the Derelict Factorum, but looking again I think you’re right.

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts

Dallo

At first I thought it was from the Derelict Factorum, but looking again I think you’re right.

It's definitely not. The door in that set is kind of a roll up thing, like a garage door. The door here is sort of like the ones on the ferratonic furnace. Also, the bit of wall right above the door has some archways in it that look new. 

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts
Definitely new style wall bits in that vid. They have the Sanctum mini statue pillar style. Lovely stuff!

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,514 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I've got a somewhat obsession with terrain, so very happy that it looks like a new (possibly) hybrid Mechanicus/Imperialis terrain kit might be coming:
med_gallery_59244_7045_235121.png

Don't think we've seen those damaged pipe bits either.
  • Doghouse, mithrilforge, Noserenda and 5 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,695 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

If that is the case that'll be a nice blend between the two sets.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,514 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

If that is the case that'll be a nice blend between the two sets.

Yeah, but they didn't need to give me a excuse to have an even bigger army and table... :lol:
  • Doghouse likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,507 posts
I'd love a box of discounted terrain for small games.

As I've managed to convince the wife to play Indomitus it'd be nice to have some terrain. The speed freeks boards are right size for 1k games and between the mek shop and what came in the box we've got some terrain, however, I'm a massive fan of blocking terrain...
  • Brother Dallo and Bryan Blaire like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,821 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
I like the look of these - considering I've got a few bits and bobs from both previous sets which I haven't actually painted yet, I'm hoping I might be able to truly mix and match.

I'm even happier I held out on Indomitus now :D
  • Bryan Blaire likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users