=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: Challenge the Second

This thread is to function as a repository for those completing the second challenge of the Iron Gauntlet, as well as a place for challengers to post models for feedback and 'ooh, pretty' comments.

Challenge the Second is open to both returning challengers from challenge one, as well as new challengers who have a desire to build or paint a DIY force. 

Challenge the Second
* Bronze: Fully assemble, paint and base a Kill Team (at minimum: three models) representing your organisation;

* Silver: Fully assemble, paint, and base a Combat Patrol (at minimum: one HQ, one Troop, and one additional unit) representing your organisation;

* Gold: Fully assemble, paint, and base a Strike Force (at minimum: one HQ, one Troop, and five additional units) representing your organisation.

-> Duration: Whenever you're done with Challenge #1 - Friday 17th July 2020

Note: If your organisation represents an Aeronautica Imperialis, Adeptus Titanicus, Blackstone Fortress (BSF), or Necromunda organisation, use the following tiers:

* Bronze: Fully assemble, paint and base a Flight (at minimum two Aeronautica aircraft), a single Titanicus Titan, a Banner (at minimum three Titanicus Knights), half an Exploration Team (at minimum two BSF Adventurers), half a Hostile Swarm (at minimum four BSF Hostiles), OR a demi-Gang (at minimum four Necromunda Gangers);

* Silver: Fully assemble, paint and base a Squadron (at minimum four Aeronautica aircraft), a demi-Maniple (at minimum two Titanicus Titans), a Lance (at minimum six Titanicus Knights), an Exploration Team (at minimum four BSF Adventurers), a Hostile Swarm (at minimum eight BSF Hostiles), OR a Gang (at minimum eight Necromunda Gangers);

* Gold: Fully assemble, paint and base a Group (at minimum six Aeronautica aircraft), a Maniple (at minimum four Titanicus Titans), a Household (at minimum nine Titanicus Knights), a reinforced Exploration Team (at minimum six BSF Adventurers), a reinforced Hostile Swarm (at minimum twelve BSF Hostiles), OR a reinforced Gang (at minimum twelve Necromunda Gangers);

List of Participants (to be updated):

• Ace Debonair
  • commissar_roach
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
  • Gederas
  • Focslain
  • Grotsmasha
  • Lexington
  • Lysimachus
  • Trokair
  • UtariOnzo
  • Valkia the Bloody
Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Can anyone join in?

I have a week of holidays coming up and was planning on doing some painting anyways for my new Night Lords army. I want to finish at least one troop (my Chaos Marines), one HQ (maybe Haarken, maybe the Executioner or if the Forgeworld delivery arrives on time the jump Praetor), plus another unit from my pile of unpainted things. Or maybe if my Forgeworld Dread arrives. That would be the absolute new shiny.

Maybe joining a challenge makes it easier to focus and motivate myself.

Valkia the Bloody, I am pretty sure that anybody can jump in regardless of if they have done challenge one or not. So welcome aboard.

While I don’t think there is anything in the event rules (or today’s update to them) about doing a past challenge, I am sure you could always do challenge one for yourself if you wanted. Have a look over at the thread in the liber if you want.

As stated in the thread in the Liber thread for the IG2020, with the extra time for challenge the Second I hereby commit to complete it to the gold standard. I was on track to complete it to the silver stand for next week’s deadline so the extra month means I should get the extra units done.

This is the full force for the gold challenge:

• Canoness with Blessed Blade
  • Canoness with Power Sword and Rod of Command
  • Imagifier
  • Sister Squad with two Stormbolters
  • Sister squad with two Flamers
  • Dominions with Meltaguns
  • Retributer squad with Heavy Bolters
Group shot of them all undercoated

gallery_29932_13153_93738.jpg

Since then I have completed the Stomrbolter squad:

gallery_29932_13153_35777.jpg

And most recently the Canoness with blessed blade

gallery_29932_13153_68077.jpg

For completeness.

I, Grotsmasha, of House Harvestor take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge Two and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

First model up is a Lucius Pattern Imperial knight,

gallery_48988_16024_89517.jpg

Bronze Completion for Task 2, I'm yet to decide if I'll be attempting more models to upgrade to a higher lever

gallery_48988_16024_185538.jpg

Just as an overview of my current vow for this. With the move to next month for the deadline I can get a few more done. To this I'll be vow(ed)ing the following:

Garrison Lance:
1 Knight Paladin (completed)
1 Armigar Warglaive (completed)

Main House:
1 Knight Errant
1 Questoris knight (class TBD)
3 Armigar Warglaives (2/3 complete)
3 Armigar Helverins (2/3 complete)
6 Armigar Moriaxi (0/6 completed)

with one more moriax for the garrison lance if the parts arrive before the end of the month.

Since this isn't a standard force org I'm not too sure what level this will net me if completed.

Edited by Focslain

Just as an overview of my current vow for this. With the move to next month for the deadline I can get a few more done. To this I'll be vow(ed)ing the following:

Garrison Lance:

1 Knight Paladin (completed)

1 Armigar Warglaive (completed)

Main House:

1 Knight Errant

1 Questoris knight (class TBD)

3 Armigar Warglaives (2/3 complete)

3 Armigar Helverins (2/3 complete)

6 Armigar Moriaxi (0/6 completed)

with one more moriax for the garrison lance if the parts arrive before the end of the month.

Since this isn't a standard force org I'm not too sure what level this will net me if completed.

Dos ruled on this earlier in private, for Grot specifically, but I'll choose to rule stare decisis and say that if you can get three full-size knight chassis up, it'll be gold. Alternatively, if you use armigers, full-size knights will count as two units, and the armigers can count as one each. (eg 2 questoris and 3 armigers). After all, knights are so large, it'd be wrong to suggest they're worth one squad of puny guardsmen!*

*though guardsmen are armed with the mighty lasgun. :P

So, while I'm put in for this I.....

Well, I can't finish any Night Lords units until the Night Lords upgrade pack I ordered came in. And right now it's listed as Out of Stock, even though I have an order locked in.

So right now I'm in a weird state of being unable to actually finish any Night Lords models until that pack ships to me :/

Okay so for completions sake:

Grimgutz Ladz - Killteam from WAAAAGH!!! Runtkilla (Fluff TBA)

gallery_36568_16061_51573.jpg

Fourth Squad Legatus of the Second Cohort - WHITE TALON LEGION

gallery_36568_16061_53274.jpg

More killteams/large entry to come.

Edited by Brother Argent

I have, to my shame, to downgrade my pledge from silver to bronze.

Family time is called for and my sister and I will be doing something with the kids tomorrow.

So no time to even start on a second unit.

So I will be only painting an HQ and a troop- and even they will be tight timing until Friday!

I think I had been a tad too overly ambitious!

However, they are coming along, just not as fast as I had wished:

WIP-chaos-marines.jpg

I have, to my shame, to downgrade my pledge from silver to bronze.

So I will be only painting an HQ and a troop- and even they will be tight timing until Friday!

I think I had been a tad too overly ambitious!

You have until untill August 17, so plenty of time. See this post in the Liber thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362618-liberalia-martiale-2020-the-iron-gauntlet/?p=5558651

I have, to my shame, to downgrade my pledge from silver to bronze.So I will be only painting an HQ and a troop- and even they will be tight timing until Friday!I think I had been a tad too overly ambitious!

You have until untill August 17, so plenty of time. See this post in the Liber thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/362618-liberalia-martiale-2020-the-iron-gauntlet/?p=5558651

Thank you for that!

So I might indeed make it.

:D

Plus painting that Dreadnought for the Lockdown challenge. Looks as if I am indeed getting an army together in the next few weeks.

Alright, finished an HQ and a troop for the challenge.

I hope I get another unit done before the deadline...

we will see if this works out when I am back to work next week... :p

So here they are, Issim the Headtaker and his Night Lords Marines of the Hrapa Vaq.

160720-Challenge-1.jpg

Okay so Squad Legatus just received some (horribly photographed) reinforcements...

gallery_36568_16061_663797.jpg

I am sure there is a Gold Completion in there somewhere... And you can almost see the completed Grimgutz and his lads in the back ground. Wish me luck...

Oh and @ Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch:

Can I count each of the Greater Possessed as a seperate unit? Not going to complete all this haul but hoping to get at least a gold completion.

If I can my commitment will be:

- One Sorcerer

- 5 Marine Squad with Power Fist/Plasma (Legatus)

- 5 Marine Squad With Plasma

- Master of Possession

- Greater Possessed

- Greater Possessed

- Obliterator (or two)

Edited by Brother Argent

Ok, so I'm in the construction phase of the last two armigars for the house and I'm building a questoris. I got an awesome idea for a conversion of the Preceptor, but the parts might not arrive before the deadline.

At current I have completed a paladin and warglaive for a garrison lance, plus for the main house 6 moriaxi, 2 warglaives, 2 helverins and the Errant is in the detailing stage. So this plus the two armigars I think I hit gold.

The six moriaxi are below:

20200728 171953

20200728 171924

If I may inquire, where can I find info about the first challenge?

This seems cool and fun!

Edit: Used the search function, first time I've ever used it I believe, so the first challenge is a story one?

Edited by lokkorex

Okay so Squad Legatus just received some (horribly photographed) reinforcements...

gallery_36568_16061_663797.jpg

I am sure there is a Gold Completion in there somewhere... And you can almost see the completed Grimgutz and his lads in the back ground. Wish me luck...

Oh and @ Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch:

Can I count each of the Greater Possessed as a seperate unit? Not going to complete all this haul but hoping to get at least a gold completion.

If I can my commitment will be:

- One Sorcerer

- 5 Marine Squad with Power Fist/Plasma (Legatus)

- 5 Marine Squad With Plasma

- Master of Possession

- Greater Possessed

- Greater Possessed

- Obliterator (or two)

If two Greater Possessed can be taken as two seperate units (e.g. like Space Marine LT's can be taken in units of 1 to 2), then yes. If a Greater Possessed unit has a minimum model number of 2, then no. However, as I'm inclined to believe that GP do function like LTs, you're probably good to go. :tu:

If I may inquire, where can I find info about the first challenge?

This seems cool and fun!

Edit: Used the search function, first time I've ever used it I believe, so the first challenge is a story one?

The first challenge is to build a Liber article on a DIY organization (space marine chapter, Militarum regiment, chaos warband, knight house, etc, etc), to a minimum of a thousand words. Unfortunately, the first challenge ended a while back, but so long as you're not painting models in a color scheme I recognize from a GW publication (e.g. no obscure--but canon--marine chapter) you're welcome to participate in this challenge, to the criteria identified in the first post for this challenge. We'd be glad to have you, lokkorex, though I'm afraid you'd be on a bit of a time crunch--challenge the second ends the 17th of August.

Aha, it's a DIY faction, that complicates things for me.

Still, maybe it's time I actually start putting the hammer to the nail on my Wolves of Dorn or Brotherhood of Rust ideas I've had in my backhead for a while, even if it is just a kill team.

Well, I guess I made it to silver after all.

:biggrin.:

Just finished a unit of Obliterators for my Night Lords, so now I have painted an HQ, a unit of Chaos Marines and these guys.

They were quite fun to paint!

Oblits-vorne.jpg

Oblits-hinten.jpg

I also have started on some more (Possessed and Haarken), but since I have a long work week ahead of me, I do not think will finish them until the end of the week.

WIP1.jpg

Edited by Valkia the Bloody