=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: Challenge the Second

I had a really good session over the weekend and with a few finishing touches this evening I have finished the last bit of my second challenge.

gallery_29932_13153_43382.jpg

With that I have finished all the models I intended for the challenge 2.

Group shot, 2 Canoness and an Imagifier in the middle, a Retributer squad and a Dominion squad in the back and 2 squads of Battle Sisters to the front.

gallery_29932_13153_64601.jpg

Not sure yet, I have done a couple of test bases with a range of grey rubble to green grassy/mossy.

The grey is nice and easy and sufficient, but I think I want to do something with at least some green as a way to make the red and armour stand out more.

Probably won’t commit until I have painted all the models I have built so far.  

And here are all of the knights I've done for the second challenge.

20200811 182559

Garrison lance:
Knight Paladin
Armigar Warglaive
(I also did finish the helverin and have parts for the moriax, but didn't vow them)

Main House
Knight Errant
3 Warglaives
3 Helverins
6 Moriaxi

I have gotten a few games with them in, including a knight v knight game that the errant dropped turn one in.

My lists tend to be mostly armigars so using this force is not going to be an issue. Just have to get plenty of pictures and get a full write up next time.

Also as a bonus here is a picture of ALL the House Jenius armigars.

20200809 220753

Well after all kinds of draining nonsense with my COVID-19 Warp Jumps at work preventing me from participating here, I am going to come at the last second to fulfil and honour my vow by aiming for the Bronze with the first ever Primaris models for my Sons of Doom.

These guys came from the 3 man Intercessor push-fit box I had lying about and I decided a Sergeant wasn't enough, so I kitbashed him into becoming my first ever Lieutenant, using a variety of bitz to give him a grizzled look, as this is going to be a very unique character to help me in Phase Four.

A slight hint, he was a firstborn Astartes once until a Tyranid vomited on him... :wink:

Thus here is Lieutenant Eilenis Kyntav, "The First Reborn" alongside two of the 5th Company's 3rd Squad:

med_gallery_26154_4148_237191.jpg

And a better view of Kyntav's himself:

med_gallery_26154_4148_53074.jpg med_gallery_26154_4148_223396.jpg

Right then, 30 hours approximately to do this. Let's have it! I'll be giving them some proper painting treatment tomorrow after my Radio Show.

Wish me luck, fellow Liberites!

Cambrius

So... I am done.  Well, apart from bases for the larger sized base guys.  I assume I have tomorrow as well.  Do I need to base the guys as I was going to but the GW bases.  Or I might just base them myself with some bits and Astrogranite...  Will post pics tomorrow anyway...

Good luck Brother Cambrius.

Is that a dreadnought armour bad on his pistol arm?

Thanks Trokair, yes it is a Dreadnought armour piece. Not sure where from as I had them in a bitz box I bought. They're fantastic for making up-armoured shoulder pads, which I needed on that Reiver arm as normal pads don't fit on it.

Sitting in the Radio Station talking about video games for the next 3 hours then back to the paintbrushes for me! :D

Cambrius

Well...dang. Between a late start, a surprisingly heavy schedule and the onset of some new and painful issue with my painting hand, it's started to become clear over the last few days that even with cutting corners, I won't be able to finish this one out on schedule. Ah, well. For the first time in ages of owning an Ork army, I've gotten paint on models in a way that I find both visually acceptable and quick enough for mass production, so I will keep chugging on with them regardless. A victory in defeat, achievement in failure, etc., etc. Here's where I've managed to get to:

gallery_23421_16101_14423.jpg

On to the next one!

Edited by Lexington

A valiant effort, Lexington. But I do count enough completed there for a Bronze in the second challenge! :smile.:

And as for me, I am very happy to say mine are complete as well:

med_gallery_26154_2055_384782.jpg

And a better focus on Lieutenant Eilenis Kyntav "The First Reborn" himself, including the grey cross that marks his fresh promotion and yet to complete the "Promotion Tithe" tradition of the Sons of Doom:

med_gallery_26154_2055_194397.jpg med_gallery_26154_2055_68421.jpg

med_gallery_26154_2055_216620.jpg med_gallery_26154_2055_241927.jpg

As you can see, he's got half a bionic face and a bionic left arm. There's a bit of a story about that and why he's called the "First Reborn", but I'll add those little tidbits later on in the Hall of Honour for my thread there and to utilise in the Fourth Challenge. :wink:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Finished these a little while ago, but just for the sake of completeness:

gallery_27610_16134_34277.jpg

More pics in this thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361412-lysimachus-kill-teams-heretic-astartes-black-hammers/

So I am in before the deadline:

Kill team from WAAAAGH Runtkilla (Grimgutz Ladz)

gallery_36568_16061_19671.jpg

And a strike force from the White Talons (bases still need a bit of a rework but they are good for now)

gallery_36568_16061_56597.jpg

Please excuse the bad/cluttered photos as I am in a rush for the deadline but I will post far better pics with fluff in the coming days. Until then please ignore the creepy orange deer of my daughter's which is there for me to fix.