Fire Caste Physical Version

deanup

Hi All

Being part of the Peter Fehervari cult I have long been frustrated that only a digital version of this book was available.

I have just received the final delivery of the Warhammer Legends subscription and this is book 100.

Their website will have them available to buy individually from 15th July 2020 so anyone after this might wish to head over there.

Dean

I'm super glad I preordered that one way back when... I pray they really do pull off an omnibus-lite for Phaedra sometime soon. Glad it's gonna be in people's hands now, though, thanks to that regionally restricted subscription service that has managed to frustrate me for its entire 100 issues lifetime now....

I'm super glad I preordered that one way back when... I pray they really do pull off an omnibus-lite for Phaedra sometime soon. Glad it's gonna be in people's hands now, though, thanks to that regionally restricted subscription service that has managed to frustrate me for its entire 100 issues lifetime now....

I would have dropped ludicrous amounts of cash on that series if they shipped elsewhere. Hell, I'd even have played the standard UK to Canada shipping rates if I could do a bulk order. I feel that policy has only ever shot them in the foot, financially. Glad at least some folks don't need to resort to overpriced worn copies from the second hand market though.

A Phaedra omnibus would be a dream. That or an anthology with only Fehervari material to reprint Fire and Ice.

I feel like Fire and Ice is the weirdest story to place in a themed omnibus, to be honest. It's probably easiest to collect with Spiral Dawn, considering crossover characters. But then, it also happens on the same planet as The Thirteenth Psalm, which is an Angels Penitent story, which would be best with other Angels Penitent stuff.

Honestly, even just assigning stories to two distinct omnibuses would offer room for debate. So long as all of his stories get bundled together anytime soon, I'll be happy and buying in, regardless.

I was lucky enough to find a copy of Fire Caste on eBay for £10 a while back so I snapped it up.

My wife has just read Thirteenth Psalm, Infernal Requiem and Spiral Dawn/Hungry Shadow in about 2 weeks, and we also have Sanctuary of Wyrms, but it means we are missing about 7 stories, and I've been trying to track them down this past week. Most of them are prohibitively expensive (and I don't do e-books) so unless there is some kind of anthology, or I'm lucky enough to find a reasonably priced second-hand copy, I won't be reading stuff like Fire and Ice.

An omnibus of all shorts & novellas would be much appreciated, BL :) 

I was lucky enough to find a copy of Fire Caste on eBay for £10 a while back so I snapped it up.

My wife has just read Thirteenth Psalm, Infernal Requiem and Spiral Dawn/Hungry Shadow in about 2 weeks, and we also have Sanctuary of Wyrms, but it means we are missing about 7 stories, and I've been trying to track them down this past week. Most of them are prohibitively expensive (and I don't do e-books) so unless there is some kind of anthology, or I'm lucky enough to find a reasonably priced second-hand copy, I won't be reading stuff like Fire and Ice.

An omnibus of all shorts & novellas would be much appreciated, BL :smile.:

A few of his stories, including Fire and Ice, were collected in the Legends of the Dark Millennium: Tau Empire anthology, which came in hardback (as Shas'O) and paperback editions (the paperback included the Farsight novella, iirc). The recent Lords and Tyrants anthology had The Greater Evil and the Servants of the Machine-God anthology featured the previously digital-only collection The Omnissiah's Chosen from... 2015? which rolled out when the AdMech Codex released. Peter's Vanguard appeared there.

Deathwatch: Ignition has The Walker in Fire. I was hoping they'd include Ignition with the DW Omnibus, but nope.

Nightfall is in Heroes of the Space Marines, which should be cheap enough second hand, and that anthology was collected along with Legends and Victories of the Space Marines as the big Space Marine Omnibus

The only thing that you'll likely never find due to limited availability at events and such would be the Angels of Death collection, which was to celebrate a new SM Codex way back when, not long after Fire Caste. The micro shorts were released daily for about a month (apart from two? that were only in the print edition) and the collection was hard to come by otherwise. That means that a print of The Crown of Thorns is basically impossible to get a hold of until they reprint it somewhere else at last (probably not until they omnibus The Reverie and The Thirteenth Psalm).

Everything else should at least be out there somewhere, up for grabs.

An omnibus of all shorts & novellas would be much appreciated, BL :smile.:

A few of his stories, including Fire and Ice, were collected in the Legends of the Dark Millennium: Tau Empire anthology, which came in hardback (as Shas'O) and paperback editions (the paperback included the Farsight novella, iirc). The recent Lords and Tyrants anthology had The Greater Evil and the Servants of the Machine-God anthology featured the previously digital-only collection The Omnissiah's Chosen from... 2015? which rolled out when the AdMech Codex released. Peter's Vanguard appeared there.

Deathwatch: Ignition has The Walker in Fire. I was hoping they'd include Ignition with the DW Omnibus, but nope.

Nightfall is in Heroes of the Space Marines, which should be cheap enough second hand, and that anthology was collected along with Legends and Victories of the Space Marines as the big Space Marine Omnibus

The only thing that you'll likely never find due to limited availability at events and such would be the Angels of Death collection, which was to celebrate a new SM Codex way back when, not long after Fire Caste. The micro shorts were released daily for about a month (apart from two? that were only in the print edition) and the collection was hard to come by otherwise. That means that a print of The Crown of Thorns is basically impossible to get a hold of until they reprint it somewhere else at last (probably not until they omnibus The Reverie and The Thirteenth Psalm).

Everything else should at least be out there somewhere, up for grabs.

A couple are still available new from Games Workshop, but books like Tau: Legends of the Dark Millennium are going for £60 online :(

Just got mine. Since I've never bought one of these before I assumed it was just a paperback re-release with a different cover. I'm very happy with having it in hardback but I am a bit disappointed I missed the Cult of the Spiral Dawn (Genestealer Cults) before it went out of stock since I have the paperback and completing the trilogy with hardbacks would've looked nicer. Ah well, just having physical copies at all's enough (I really do not like reading e-books unless I have to).

Also, the site only has 3 copies left so if people were waiting to pull the trigger I'd get in there now. Thanks again deanup as I'd never have known about this without the thread.

Edited by Lord Marshal