So I'm starting this as a basic catch all for Black Legion players, including myself.
I have a bad habit of always using Abaddon. I have other bad habits from playing this game for decades... which include, but are not limited to: Cool characters (tougher in 9th), Terminators! (better in 9th?), and aggressive tactics (better in 9th?)
So let's band together under the banner of the Warmaster, and see what we can muster.
I have played two 9th edition test games with Black Legion. (More with other chaos, but let's leave that out.) So what I'd like to discuss is our gaming feedback, and our 'unit' feedback.
I am playing another game tonight. And due to all of my other 9th ed test games, I have decided to move away from some of my favourite elements of 8th (Vigilus Possessed, Daemon Engines, etc).... at least for the time being. And refocus on the following:
Battalion + Supreme Command. (12 CP).
Abaddon (I believe) should be a legal choice for the Supreme Command.
Other units I feel I'm getting a grip on:
- - Helbrutes, (generally) and Helbrutes with Plasma Cannons (even more so- this is pre points bump for 9th though.)
- - I'm still down on our troops, but will be trying pure Cultists as a tax.
- - Staying under 6 man squads wherever possible.
- - Using smaller elite squads (Possessed= yes, over 5 models = no)
- - Heldrake. Maybe it's not a superstar, but it should be able to contest, prevent 'actions', and tie up tanks/Fly units. (Tau still rip through mine though.)
- - Terminators. Plasma (non-modified rolls of 1 blow up?) and body guards are necessary.
- - Oblits. It just makes sense to include with a very expensive Warlord in the mix.
The rest is up in the air, but tonight I will be trying some possessed, and a very basic list made to challenge table ownership. Wish me luck, we'll see how it goes!