BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GO...... Err, I mean, FOR THE EMPEROR

Hello,

I'm a relatively old Warhammer fan.  I started off about 20 years ago with a small force of Dwarves for Fantasy, but absolutely detested the playstyle and switched to Dark Elves.  I'm not very competitive regarding Warhammer.  I prefer the building/painting/drinking while playing aspect instead of taking it seriously for tournaments.  I started an army of Tyranids in the past as well, to get my feet wet in 40k, when they released a bunch of really nice plastic kits for the army.  I've been on and off building, painting, and playing, with a lot of grey plastic and pewter for both of these armies still sitting there waiting to be assembled and painted.....

A few years ago I started building a wolf-themed Warriors of Chaos army, and it's been a very slow process.  I also have a bunch of models to finish converting, assembling, and painting for this.

A few months back I saw a huge chunk of Marines in a used lot on Facebook Marketplace, and it was an absolute steal for them, so I bought them up with the intent of making a small force.  I also bought an air gun and compressor kit, and I wanted to give it a go on an army I cared less about than my Dark Elves, Warriors, or Chaos armies.  I felt like this would be a good idea, to give me a 2nd 40k army and also get some practice with the air gun.  I started thinking about what army I wanted to paint the Marines as, and with some searching the Blood Angels appealed most to me.

Since buying that first lot, I found another lot for a steal.  And then another.  And another.  I haven't actually tallied up everything I have, but it has turned into a lot of models, tanks, dreadnoughts, landspeeders, drop pods, etc.  It's turned into a lot more than I anticipated, and honestly, I'm looking forward to this far more than I expected I would.  I also have my eye on a bunch of bits to use for conversions, as a bunch of these models do need some TLC.

My Girlfriend was interested in learning more about Warhammer a year or so ago, so I grabbed one of the "Start Collecting" boxes a while back, without even realizing that it wasn't the newest Start Collecting box (it was the 2016 edition, so it has one of those spiders instead of the Command barge in it, but has no immortals).  When the 9th edition box was announced, I felt like it would be a good idea to get one as I could use the Primaris Marines, and she could use the Necrons.  We picked up one of the newer Start Collecting boxes for Necrons for her as well, somehow, as they're impossible to find now.  So obviously my next step was to get one of the new Boxed sets.  While waiting for the Indomitus boxed set to go on pre-sale, I started searching around, and found this website.  There's a lot of useful stuff here.

So that's why I'm here. 

And I managed to snag one of the Indomitus boxes during the pre-sale.  :D