Brain freeze question!

Ulfast

So, I have just restarted my cult and I got stuck with one question. Can we use our underground ability to make charges and "deep strike" in the first round or do we need to wait until second round as is the regular way? Please help someone with brainfreeze right now

We can't. Units that are underground appear in the second or third turn as usual.

At one point, we could exploit a loophole in the wording to set up units as blips, then use a stratagem to move them underground, then deep strike them in turn one because they had already been 'deployed' briefly as the blip. I think it was FAQed out.

We do have a stratagem (from Psychic Awakening), allowing acolytes to advance and charge, which can enable first turn charges from our own deployment zone (not from underground) - with the Helix creed, they can potentially hit targets 26" away.

We can also bring in Kraken genestealers as allies - they can also advance and charge, and have a couple of stratagems to get them there first turn pretty reliably.