Edited by Dark Shepherd

Big winners for me

Bjorn

Iron Priest

Characters on TWC

Rune Priests

Wulfen dreads

Terminators

LONG FANGS (Lascannons 15, Plasma Cannons 10)

Suppressors (think is is a mistake but theyre halved in points essentially)

Bladeguard Veterans

Losers

Classic marine troops

Wolf Guard

TWC

Invictors

Edited by Dark Shepherd

So what's the suppressor cost now?

Seems like 30 -> 33?

Pretty sure the guy on that google.doc just messed it up?

Nvm, looks like they are still 18 (the weapon costs 0 in the new codex) in the SW section... They are 33 for the other factions tho.

Edited by gnalbel

So what's the suppressor cost now?

Seems like 30 -> 33?

Pretty sure the guy on that google.doc just messed it up?

Nvm, looks like they are still 18 (the weapon costs 0 in the new codex) in the SW section... They are 33 for the other factions tho.

Lets hope they benevolently forget about us for once

Admittedly we dont know what POTMS does yet but twin heavy bolters going up to 30 for vehicles is very unfair on our flyers on face value, not like they can fire in combat

Any body have the list for all the crossover units and wargear?

Frost weapons at 10 is a harsh choice unless they are magically better now.

I dont like that they seem to have done away from more granular points. It was a good balance to cost stuff at like 7 points. Hopefully in points changes down the line they are willing to mot make it come out so perfect.

Any body have the list for all the crossover units and wargear?

Frost weapons at 10 is a harsh choice unless they are magically better now.

I dont like that they seem to have done away from more granular points. It was a good balance to cost stuff at like 7 points. Hopefully in points changes down the line they are willing to mot make it come out so perfect.

Strikingscorpion82 on youtube

Im too lazy to type them all out, but if you have specific ones I can tell you them

Other mistake in our section is they forget to give us the free Invictor weapons

Edited by Dark Shepherd

So TWC went from being pretty non-competitive to being a complete liability. Take them if you just really want to lose.

It really feels like GW just wants to make them so useless that nobody will ever play with them again. So incredibly frustrating and disappointing, that words and polite language just fail to describe.

Sometimes I ask myself why I keep playing a game that makes me so angry so often.

Regarding TWC and 9th:

Will the changes to terrain, overwatch and general mission set up effect their viability, along with being able to ‘walk on’ from board edges in later turns?

Seems like if I can hide mine on an objective and make the opponent come to them, and then wreck whatever gets close, they might be ok.

Might just be me though. I’m biased, running the Death Wolf GC.

If I have time tonight I might try and get the other points up. It's just hard on SS82 videos cuz he runs through em so quick.

I’m sure there will be PDFs up soon from enterprising folks with nothing better to do today.

Another format.  Changes in points from current:

Space Wolves 

Bjorn the Fell-Handed +5 
Iron Priest +0 
Primaris Battle Leader +12pts 
Primaris Battle Leaders in Phobos Armour +3pts 
Primaris Rune Priest +5pts 
Primaris Wolf Lord +12pts 
Primaris Wolf Priest +8pts 
Rune Priest +10pts 
Rune Priest in Phobos Armour +8pts 
Rune Priest in Terminator Armour +5pts 
Rune Priest with Jump Pack +7pts 
Wolf Guard Battle Leader +5pts 
Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Terminator Armour +10pts 
Wolf Guard Battle Leader on Thunderwolf +4pts 
Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Jump Pack 12pts 
Wolf Lord 9pts 
Wolf Lord in Cataphractii Armour +0 
Wolf Lord in Gravis Armour +15pts 
Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour +3pts 
Wolf Lord in Terminator Armour +0 
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf +5pts 
Wolf Lord with Jump Pack +12pts 
Wolf Priest +8pts 
Wolf Priest in Terminator Armour +5pts 
Wolf Priest with Jump Pack +15pts

Blood Claws +3pts per model 
Grey Hunters +3 pts per model 
Wolf Guard Pack Leader +3pts 
Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader +0

Stormfang Gunship +5 
Stormhawk Interceptor +30pts 
Stormwolf +5pts

Arjac Rockfist +5 
Canis Wolfborn +10 
Harald Deathwolf +10 
Krom Dragongaze +15 
Logan Grimnar +10 
Logan Grimnar on Stormrider +10 
Lukas, the Trickster +5 
Murderfang +10 
Njal Stormcaller +10 
Njal Stormcaller in Runic Terminator Armour +15 
Ragnar Blackmane +25 
- Svangir and Ulfgir : Removed 
Ulrik the Slayer +15

Cyberwolves +0 
Fenrisian Wolves +1 
Thunderwolf Cavalry +5

I think we need to wait and play some games before we assume Space Wolves are rubbish because of these points changes. Everyone’s points went up and because of the changes to terrain we may be able to actually reach combat now, we are the hardest hitting combat army so it just makes sense that if we are getting to combat we are better and therefore our best units need to cost more.

Again TWC have received some major boosts, their survivability has increased, obscured and dense terrain means they’ll take less damage during the first couple of turns compared to 8th, they can finally be put in reserve and basically get On the Hunt now if needed so will always get the opportunity for a charge which is more than they often got in 8th. One of their biggest weaknesses has also been removed with the addition of the vertical engagement range. They only increased by 5 points which is less than other units so comparably they became cheaper.

Do I think they are still too expensive? My gut says a little, but they are going to be far better than they were in 8th and in comparison to other units they got a net points drop too so are they really one of the big losers here?

So TWC went from being pretty non-competitive to being a complete liability. Take them if you just really want to lose.

It really feels like GW just wants to make them so useless that nobody will ever play with them again. So incredibly frustrating and disappointing, that words and polite language just fail to describe.

Sometimes I ask myself why I keep playing a game that makes me so angry so often.

The continuous nerfing of TWC over now two editions isn't a mistake. GW clearly does not want Space Wolf players to play one of the two iconic SW units. Absolutely pathetic.

Bjorn is pretty much auto include with twin las (moving and shooting on 2s rerolling 1s with no penalty for heavy weapons)

Stormfang with the 2xstormstrike, 2xtwin heavy bolter, helfrost destructor is 240 points which isn't too bad

Terminators with combi plasma/melta are very good now

The first test list I'll be using in 1000pts is the following

Patrol

HQ

210 Bjorn with twin las

TROOPS

105 5xincursors

95 5xgrey hunters (1xpower fist, 1xplasma gun)

ELITES

200 5x terminators (3xStormshield/combi plasma, 2xchainfist/combi plasma)

HEAVY SUPPORT

140 5xlongfangs (4xlascannons)

TRANSPORTS

125 razorback (twin assault cannon, hunter killer)

125 razorback (twin assault cannon, hunter killer)

TACTICS

Grey hunters and longfangs enter the razorbacks. First turn longfangs disembark and get keen senses and wolves eye. Razorbacks shield bjorn and get reroll 1s. Incursors capture an objective outside my deployment zone. Terminators arrive as reinforcements and get the fury of champions

Edited by lonewolf81

The continuous nerfing of TWC over now two editions isn't a mistake. GW clearly does not want Space Wolf players to play one of the two iconic SW units. Absolutely pathetic.

Can I ask how you think TWC have been nerfed again?

Is it because they went up in points? Everything did and the average increase is 15% so TWC increased was less than average so they actually had a net buff. SS went up for everyone and again TWC SS received a lower points increase than infantry. Some weapons increased but some didn’t. So did all TWC get nerfed or did your loadout go up in points?

The mechanics of the game improve things for specifically TWC too over their comparative units so again how have they been nerfed?

It seems to me some people only want to run TWC in a certain way with a certain loadout, massed TH/SS TWC were not good in 8th and shouldn’t be how they are ran. We’ve had 3 years to try different approaches to wargear. The fact that half the attacks on the model are S5 ap-1 and D1 suggests maybe they shouldn't be going after vehicles or monsters.