Indomitus orders, "wave two"

pawl

Sounds like this might be shipping in December according to some stores like Frontline Gaming and a couple of others I saw.

Really? The GW site said it's be like 120 days or less, maybe they're fulfilling first party orders first.

120 days is early-mid November.

So a "by December" seems a safe way to manage expectations.

Rik

This is what I had assumed - if they set you up to expect the far end of 'expected' dates then you'll be happier if it turns up early. Alternatively if they had given an earlier date and it doesn't arrive until [X later date within the range GW gave] you'll feel like it's late.

This is what I had assumed - if they set you up to expect the far end of 'expected' dates then you'll be happier if it turns up early. Alternatively if they had given an earlier date and it doesn't arrive until [X later date within the range GW gave] you'll feel like it's late.

Indeed - GW made-to-order stuff frequently turns up way ahead of when it should (according to my local store staff).  I guess given the current batch of ill-will toward GW over the underestimation of demand for Indomitus, under-promising and over-delivering is a safe, and sensible, strategy, and better than annoying everyone a second time. :smile.:

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

I'm not so sure about them delivering ahead of time, I'm still waiting on my Lieutenant Amulius from back in March. I think it's more likely that it'll be the longer estimate because of the pandemic and other issues they have to contend with.

The more interesting aspect to me of all this is what happens if a 9th edition starter set drops with most of these models in the meantime and the heroes in clam packs? Will people cancel their made to order with a bird in the hand logic if some of these models become available in a differnt way before December?

I'm not so sure about them delivering ahead of time, I'm still waiting on my Lieutenant Amulius from back in March. I think it's more likely that it'll be the longer estimate because of the pandemic and other issues they have to contend with.

That's a good point.  I also forgot they'd be having to have stuff made by third parties (the paper/card bits).

The more interesting aspect to me of all this is what happens if a 9th edition starter set drops with most of these models in the meantime and the heroes in clam packs? Will people cancel their made to order with a bird in the hand logic if some of these models become available in a differnt way before December?

Me too, although I know at least some were shipped out. Glad to see it's not just me though!

From what I can gather from previous releases some of the characters in particular are unlikely to arrive separately. Even if they did, given the outrageous savings in Indomitus (and the high price of individual models) the cost difference alone might be enough to put people off.

Even if they did, Indomitus must have already made GW a small (or not-small?!) fortune already, and it's a safe bet that any extras that sit on shelves will be sold eventually.

You could well be right about the characters.

I'm personally betting that any part of this set that is on a self contained sprue will be part of the starter set because things like the Assault Intercessors are on smaller sprues that are self contained.

In time I would fully expect every unit (and character) to be released on their own. Some, like the intercessors, might even get two - ETB combat squad and a 10-man full kit for example. There's no sense in keeping things confined to cost-saving boxes when GW can make more money off individual unit boxes.

The characters may not get released though - demand for one-off sculpts would sell any remaining stock, even if it was to box splitters. They could then release a 'generic' Judiciar for example that has weapon/head/whatever options, and they get to charge full price again.

It's likely that the intercessors will end up an ETB combat squad, and the outriders and eradicators getting a similar treatment, with some or all then getting a more complete release for people who want variety of poses.

That's what I would expect, at least. 9th is brand new, so there's no reason GW should be forced to get more big boxes out after the started kits, which means they have plenty of time to release proper unit boxes.

Afternoon,

Thank you for your pre-order over the weekend, you battled through thousands to emerge victorious and secure your copy (or copies) of this fantastic Warhammer 40,000 set.

Your order is in the WAVE 2 delivery group whose copies should be with us in August.

Kind Regards

Wayland Games

There is always worse...

I had received an e-mail from Wayland saying my order is within the first 300, so I 'm in the WAVE 1 delivery group...

And today out of curiosity I check my WG account and saw that my order's description had changed to Indomitus Made to order...

UNBELIEVABLE...

I made a ticket asking for an explanation but I 'm not optimistic.

Afternoon,

Thank you for your pre-order over the weekend, you battled through thousands to emerge victorious and secure your copy (or copies) of this fantastic Warhammer 40,000 set.

Your order is in the WAVE 2 delivery group whose copies should be with us in August.

Kind Regards

Wayland Games

There is always worse...

I had received an e-mail from Wayland saying my order is within the first 300, so I 'm in the WAVE 1 delivery group...

And today out of curiosity I check my WG account and saw that my order's description had changed to Indomitus Made to order...

UNBELIEVABLE...

Wow! That's ridiculous! Especially considering that I think they're charging less for the MTO than the original pre-order - at the very least you want the difference back!

I dropped my Wayland order (the refund was actually very quick) and went direct from GW in the end. Considered cancelling that to get MTO through Element (my usual store - I'm a sucker for reward points) but it felt like cancelling too many times.

Afternoon,

Kind Regards

Wayland Games

There is always worse...

UNBELIEVABLE...

Thanks for posting this, it prompted me to check which hadn't crossed my mind.

I've also put in a ticket and will be making a particularly uncomfortable phone call in the morning.

Rik

Afternoon,

Kind Regards

Wayland Games

There is always worse...

UNBELIEVABLE...

Thank you so much, checked mine as well and it is now Made to order when it was wave 2. I kept it because it was coming sooner but I am now going to cancel and get it cheaper from Darksphere for that 25% off.

Edited by Black_Knight

So, for the Wayland Customers:

I've spoken to them this morning and they told me the following:

1- They've changed the "Product Name" on their site and stock management system to show "Made to Order" however if you're in wave 1 or wave 2, this shouldn't impact you.

2- Wave 2 is currently expected to be at the END of August.

3- They are going through and refunding the difference since their price reduction, they're doing these refunds manually so it's taking a while.

Now, how much of this you trust is up to you, I'm not a fan of Waylaid Games but if it's coming end of August I can handle that.

Part of me suspects that they'll own up to the real situation when the Made to Order window closes so you'll have no option to move your order elsewhere.

At this point they'll admit that people they'd promised were in Wave 2 are really MTO orders.

With this in mind, I'm gonna try my local GW on Saturday morning and if successful I'll be cancelling the Waylaid order.

Rik

1- They've changed the "Product Name" on their site and stock management system to show "Made to Order" however if you're in wave 1 or wave 2, this shouldn't impact you.

2- Wave 2 is currently expected to be at the END of August.

3- They are going through and refunding the difference since their price reduction, they're doing these refunds manually so it's taking a while.

Now, how much of this you trust is up to you, I'm not a fan of Waylaid Games but if it's coming end of August I can handle that.

Part of me suspects that they'll own up to the real situation when the Made to Order window closes so you'll have no option to move your order elsewhere.

At this point they'll admit that people they'd promised were in Wave 2 are really MTO orders.

With this in mind, I'm gonna try my local GW on Saturday morning and if successful I'll be cancelling the Waylaid order.

Rik

Thanks for the info! Really glad that I made a move when I did!

I can't say how reputable other places offering discount are (think I saw Dark Sphere earlier in the thread), but it's clear through their handling of this that Wayland aren't doing themselves any PR favours. Personally I'm happier paying the extra money direct to GW (which I wouldn't normally do, especially for £30-40!) and waiting if I have to. It wouldn't surprise me if Wayland somehow ran out of MTO sets and ended up refunding people after the order window was closed!

Thank you very much Rik. I wasn't going to cancel anyway, I don't think there would be any difference in timing. I 'll just gonna have to wait and see...

Besides, it's not that i don't have a big amount of unpainted primaris waiting for me............

I am waiting on my ticket too, if they are refunding the higher price tag then I am not sure what to do. I will ask them whats going on as I am ordering for someone else and I do not want to let them down.

If they do cancel anyone's order after the MTO, I think a riot will ensue, most sellers will be ordering extra for later sales?

I am waiting on my ticket too, if they are refunding the higher price tag then I am not sure what to do. I will ask them whats going on as I am ordering for someone else and I do not want to let them down.

If they do cancel anyone's order after the MTO, I think a riot will ensue, most sellers will be ordering extra for later sales?

I doubt they'll cancel anyone's order, what I do expect however is

Continue to "reassure" people that they're in Wave 2 until the MTO window close.

At this point they'll "apologise" to most of their Wave 2 customers and tell them not to worry as they've placed an MTO order for them.

This leaves customers in a terrible situation, as you can't order MTO any longer and nowhere else will have stock left, so if you really WANT that box you have to keep your order with Waylaid.

Rik