[9th Edition] All Blood Angel Point Changes

RyanT2112

I still believe Dante should get a "Katakros" level display model. Or rather "silent king" since that's going to be a thing now.

tbh, I'd settle for a model that wasn't 25 years old. I remember when it came out in '95 - although it's a bit hazy, because The 90s ;)

http://solegends.com/citcat1995-6/cat19956p038-02.htm

I do think Dante gets a new model and is the centerpiece release of the new codex in 9th the same way Mephiston was for Blood of Baal.

I’ve heard speculation that Dante is going to have some sort of apotheosis and merge with the Sanguinor or become the new Sanguinor or something similar which would be interesting, but I don’t see it happening ... I think Dante will cross the Rubicon and come out beefier and better, with a new model and probably 220 points lol. Hopefully we’ll get a new Primaris DC kit at the same time.

Put all the above into a spreadsheet to compare. Man, haven't done that in forever. Battlescribe is a crutch. 

The list (what I planned on taking to my last chance at a game before Covid, so not super optimized, but my basis of comparison) :

Hidden Content

Blood Angels Brigade

HQ:

Captain

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-storm shield

Chaplain

-jump pack

-power fist

Chief Librarian Mephiston

TROOPS:

Incursor x 5

-haywire mine

Incursor x 5

-haywire mine

Incursor x 5

-haywire mine

Incursor x 5

-haywire mine

Scouts x 5

-combat knife x 4

-bolt pistol x 4

-Sgt chainsword

-Sgt bolter

Scouts x 5

-bolter x 4

-heavy bolter x 1

-Sgt chainsword

-Sgt bolter

ELITES:

Sanguinary Guard x 5

-power fist x 5

-angelus boltgun x 5

-death mask x 5

Sanguinary Guard x 5

-power fist x 5

-angelus boltgun x 5

-death mask x 5

Sanguinary Ancient

-encarmine sword

-angelus boltgun

-death mask

Vanguard Veteran x 5

-jump packs

-stormshield + chainsword x 4

-Sgt thunder hammer

-Sgt inferno pistol

Vanguard Veteran x 5

-jump packs

-stormshield + chainsword x 4

-Sgt thunder hammer

-Sgt inferno pistol

FAST ATTACK:

Suppressors x 3

Scout Bikes x 3

-Sgt Storm bolter

Inceptors x 3

-plasma exterminators x 3

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Eliminators x 3

-bolt sniper rifles

Eliminators x 3

-bolt sniper rifles

Eliminators x 3

-bolt sniper rifles

If my math is correct (again, Battlescribe's been my crutch, so hopefully I calculated this correctly), then:

• 8th Ed: 1999pts
  • 9th Ed: 2301pts

I am quite curious to see how my local scene adjusts to this. If less models to conform to the arbitrary 2000pt game size is the way people go, or if as others have predicted, 2500pts becomes the new norm.

True but at 2500 points you might as well play 3k. Once you pass 2000 you get the larger table size minimum (if you care, considering the game is supposedly balanced around the sizes) - and the same command points at 3k as 2500.

In what world are tacticals worth 3/4 of an intercessor?

Cause it ain't this one.

Buy a special weapon and a squad of 5 is almost the same, which is ridiculous.

I consider this.... in 8th edition, Tactical Marines were 12pts ea (60pts for 5) and Lascannon was 25pts. (85 total)

9th edition they're 90 pts with Lascannon. (because the price of the weapon went down 5)...

In my brigades I plan on taking two lascannon tactical squads to camp back field objectives so that I don't need to use Primaris to do it.... Just my 2c.

<snip>

True about if you go 2001pts you might as well go 3000pts...but I think there’s still a psychological value to things. What was 2000pts (~1750pts in 7th...) in 8th may feel like the right size game/number of models on the board, regardless of how much it costs in 9th. Hence why I wonder if 2500pts becomes sort of a norm. In other words, a certain set of models being the norm with the points those models cost adjusting with each edition, thus the average points value per game in each edition adjusts accordingly. This is in contrast to (and in spite of) GW seemingly wanting people to pick the points value first and then take more or less models for that value.

I actually like the thought of slightly less models on the board. Sure some units got their cost increased more than others, but all fractions had their costs reworked.

One part of the game is tinkering with lists to see what I can make with the tools I’n given.

Agreed, less models is better for the standard game of warhammer. 40k armies already are twice the size of fantasy/AoS armies. No wonder everything gets immediately deleted.