[9th Edition] Blood Angel Strikeforce (2k pts)

RyanT2112

• 2 weeks later...

The entire army's goal is to delay casualties until proper positioning can be achieved by turn 3. Objectives can be held in the back with Incursors, or be used to aggressively push opponents off theirs turn 1. Probably better to put them in the back-field on objectives though.

• Veteran Intercessors will attempt to sneak via terrain.
  • Judiciar with Selfless Valor trait will ALWAYS Heroic Intervention as he can always fight first, even over 2CP strategem.
  • Impulsor is meant for maximum protection and will attempt to travel and advance anywhere out of LoS of enemy big guns.
  • Outriders will accompany the Librarian Dreadnought for maximum toughness. They will clear soft units, he will clear heavy ones.
  • Death Company Alpha Strike (Turn 1 Forlorn Fury) or Beta Strike(Turn 2)
  • Inceptors will Beta Strike (Turn 2) - clearing/softening up infantry, or hitting enemy objectives.
  • Assault Intercessors Delta Strike (Turn 3) with Bladeguard Veterans, Ancient, Judiciar, Captain from the Impulsor
  • Eradicators will move and advance turn 1. Attempting to hide from LoS.
  • Eradicators Beta Strike (Turn 2) and existing on the board will move into open range for enemy heavy targets.

List has

• Alpha Strike Potential - If you want turn 1 charge, Forlorn Fury, Wings of Fire Lemartes, and Dual Incursor charge while second wave moves into position.
  • Beta Strike Potential - Eradicators Outriders (heavy targets), Librarian Dreadnought, Inceptors (light targets)
  • Delta Strike Potential - Any remaining forces will be Assault Doctrine for maximum carnage.
  • Durability for all Primaris units (5+ FNP near Bladeguard Ancient)
  • Durable Anti-Armor Units
  • Mobility
  • Deep Strike
  • Character Hunting
  • Small enough footprint to attempt to delay one turn minimum if needed.

I've won games by not racing into melee and confusing my opponent. As an elite army casualties are a disproportionate problem. There's value in that strategy. Careful not to get too far behind in the new mission format though, it could be untenable. 

The judiciar seems like it has real tactical benefits--like several scenarios where he's needed to prevent losses, and help preserve CP.

I like that you've incorporated alpha and beta strike as a base/fundamental plan in the army.

It sounds like inceptors did well in the new points for 9th. I always felt they were ok, but not thrilling. Now it seems like they'll be cost-effective. Mobility is huge, I think they'll fit into that sort of over-arching theme.

Do you have enough units (or objective secured) to cover 6 objectives?

I've won games by not racing into melee and confusing my opponent. As an elite army casualties are a disproportionate problem. There's value in that strategy. Careful not to get too far behind in the new mission format though, it could be untenable. 

The judiciar seems like it has real tactical benefits--like several scenarios where he's needed to prevent losses, and help preserve CP.

I like that you've incorporated alpha and beta strike as a base/fundamental plan in the army.

It sounds like inceptors did well in the new points for 9th. I always felt they were ok, but not thrilling. Now it seems like they'll be cost-effective. Mobility is huge, I think they'll fit into that sort of over-arching theme.

Do you have enough units (or objective secured) to cover 6 objectives?

If you use Inceptors and Outriders to harass enemy objectives they can take them - without Objective Secured unfortunately. But 4 troop units could help....

Meanwhile because the enemy is distracted trying to repel the front line, one of my groups of Eradicators could theoretically hold an objective in my own area... It really comes down to the mission and the opponent - but the options are all on the table. This list I feel has numerous types of tactical flexibility.. and an Elite Primaris presence.