the best putty for sculpting?

The answer will be probably "it depends..", but I was wondering which kind of putty you would recommend for sculpting?

So far I've used GS and standard miliput (as well as hardware store putty, but only for bases and such). I also mixed GS and miliput in various ratios. But since there seem to be so many options out there (procreate, bee's putty, brown stuff and what not...), I was wondering which one you like the best, especially for more fine work...

Best regards, ranulf

@ranulf

I do my own base topper.

First i roll out some sculpy with an old noodle machine. Then i i use a Greenstuffworld rolling pin for texture and some base sized cookie cutters.

The its into the oven.

I make enough in different sizes to have a small stash for a few squads of an army.

Then its just glueing and rimming to fit them to bases.

Thanks for all your answers. I had a look at this video, and figured out procreate is probably what I'm actually looking for as it seems to be GS-ish, but minus the rubbery properties. But this apoxie stuff seems to be good as well...

(He's blabbering a bit, but overall it's a good overview)

Edited by ranulf the revenant

I have not tried to sand procreate a lot but it can be done for sure. It does work kinda like a mix of greenstuff+milliput, as it cures quite hard and allows for nice edges, but it is cleaner and easier to work than with milliput. I'll try to remember to take a couple of pics of the last things I've done with it, although I'm no master sculptor at any rate.

Edit: and I have to preach Brother Chaplain Kage advice, use oil for smoothing greenstuff or procreate, it works really nice.

Edited by Elzender