The guy from WGA mentioned on FB that the Halfling Cavalry  will have command options etc that can be mixed in with the infantry... Thats nice but now I cant stop thinking about 3 foot Kriegers on ponies...

Tiny gasmask men, on tiny ponies, charging bloody Chaos marines... Oh my..!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Thats how you make money  from me GW, offer me cool kits I dont know I need until I see them instead of another Primaris Lt... 

That's funny I just say tiny Germans on the FB page.  

I'm starting to think I should preorder the Grognards heavy weapons earlier than I had planned to. I was expecting I'd order more NU-Space Marine kits but haven't felt the urgency to do that. If the unit I am waiting on drops this weekend the Heavy weapons will have to wait if not then I'll probably place my order, it's more of a budget thing than a delivery thing at this time of year.  

Are these the tiny Germans in question?

122276925_2048720901926008_8048796905829

Id get the Grognard heavy weapons box ordered soon if you can, I have a feeling thats gonna be a popular kit. 

Im really tempted at the not Squats actually, I fancy playing some 1st ed 40k and Squats were the one army I never had a chance to use back in the day. 

Yes those are the ones I saw. 
I can easily order 3 boxes of the heavy weapons but I'm trying to control my spending. I guess I'll know on Saturday. I haven't seen when the heavy Intercessors come up for pre order and I want a full squad of those. I guess it really doesn't matter I could still order them just before payday and not take a hit. 
It's not like there will be a better price on a preorder than there will be after on those. 
I guess it's decided then.?  

Yay those are my lil Germans :D 
Admittedly they are not my best work, I will do some better ones when I get hold of the sniper rifles from the Grognard heavy weapons kit and then the ones I have done will get bumped up to a full ten men and get moved to basic infantry. 

As for the heavy weapons, you know you want to order them right this second, dont deny yourself :D 

Those rattlings turned out really cool! I just had to link this to a post on FB about converting Ratlings. Ugh I have one box of the Grognards(used for Brood Brothers so far) and I love it, need to see if my local can preorder the HW kit Wargames Atlantic is killing it lately.

Those rattlings turned out really cool! I just had to link this to a post on FB about converting Ratlings. Ugh I have one box of the Grognards(used for Brood Brothers so far) and I love it, need to see if my local can preorder the HW kit Wargames Atlantic is killing it lately.

Ahh cheers, I could have done better but I got impatient and had to play with bits,  one of the main problems being a firstborn only player is lack of new kits to build that I have not seen before, I cant count how many marines I have built since 1991, these Halflings were an absolute joy to build.

They really have been knocking out good kits recently, I have had a play with the Halflings, WW1 Germans and some Grognards now and for affordable wargames minis they are really good. I cant wait for the WW1 French and Halfling cavalry kits to come out. Im gonna make so many half sized Death Riders of Krieg :wub:

Edited by Slave to Darkness

• 3 weeks later...

I got my spiders and Einherjar this week, so I have built my test model for the "rough riders" I was planning to do.

T3Bq31D.jpg

Honestly they go way better together than I was expecting and the only major issue I had with the giant spiders was glueing the legs, as the round joint makes them harder to stay in position without support, until the glue gets dry enough.

Not sure if I correctly used Left/Right legs though, as unfortunately there is no distinction on the sprue, but they seem symmetric enough that it shouldn't matter.

Seriously need those frenchies now if not sooner... My whole future plans revolve around them :( 

There is so many Gasmasks in my immediate future, and shovels. :wub:

Seriously need those frenchies now if not sooner... My whole future plans revolve around them :sad.:

I'm feeling the same way. At this point I'm holding off ordering and skipped the pre order for the heavy weapons. I really want them but have to juggle my spending this time of the year. 

Bashing 2 or 3 different kits together is the only way! 

I'm constantly tempted to just order more Grognards. But I want all the bitz I need for the project at hand so I don't stall out. 

Next year will be very good for the guard. the wait will be worth it. 

Seriously need those frenchies now if not sooner... My whole future plans revolve around them :sad.:

I'm feeling the same way. At this point I'm holding off ordering and skipped the pre order for the heavy weapons. I really want them but have to juggle my spending this time of the year. 

Bashing 2 or 3 different kits together is the only way! 

I'm constantly tempted to just order more Grognards. But I want all the bitz I need for the project at hand so I don't stall out. 

Next year will be very good for the guard. the wait will be worth it. 

I have worked out I need a box of Great war Germans and French, at least one box of Grognards and Grognard Heavy weapons and a box of Halflings. Ill be able to do most of my future projects with those. If/when they release Halfling Cavalry Ill be grabbing those as Death Riders as well :D 

So the spiders are a little bit finickity to put together, but perfect for representing critters and giant necromunda spiders (if not gigantic spiders) depending on how big you think they should be. Good xenos abominations, essentially.

They are a nice kit and I suppose the second one should be way faster to assembled compared to the first.

The round connections allow it to be posable, despite making it harder to glue, so you can make them taller or closer to the ground, depending on what you want to achieve. The connection between the head and the back is actually quite easy to glue together and the middle legs have square connectors so you can use those to create the initial pose before adding the rest of the legs. I have 59 more of them to build, once I clean a few more things on the pipeline.

Just read in a email that the Grognards Heavys will be available in December if anybody didnt know... Thats good news, think my hobby funds for xmas will go to WGA, then Ill have everything in ready for the WW1 French release so I wont be wasting time when it comes to building my 'Krieg'. 

Im quite looking forward to their Afgan cavalry tbh :smile.:

Ngl I have been toying with the idea of converting the Afghan stuff into Tallarn... But then Ill end up converting Halflings into Tallarn Ratlings and I dont need an excuse to buy more than one box of Halflings lol... 

I actually like the "résistance" guys a lot :smile.:

Im tempted just for the scarf. Then I have an excuse to make this guy. 

Dads-Army-Private-Pike-400-stamp-587x434

Perfect excuse for a Dads Army themed Vet squad for my Guard, or do I make them Ratlings... Ahh I hate the tough hobby choices. 

• 2 weeks later...

'WA's said the French are now in the 2 up stage (? not sure if that's the right term)  No details as to the how many heads will be in the box but they mention 28 of one kind if I read it right. 
and... argggg. What to do? do I put German Gas mask helmets on Grognards or wait and put them on French soldiers? 
I was given a little Christmas money and have been thinking hard on what to spend it on.  I was leaning towards nu marine stuff but I am now thinking about that Grognards Heavy weapons teams.  My plans keep shifting around. 

I was given a little Christmas money and have been thinking hard on what to spend it on.   My plans keep shifting around. 

Haha same... So I ordered some Orks to start a new army for some stupid reason... Oh well looks like 2021 is the year I do Xenos then. 

'WA's said the French are now in the 2 up stage (? not sure if that's the right term)  No details as to the how many heads will be in the box but they mention 28 of one kind if I read it right. 

For those that dont follow WGA on facebook... 

129722197_809778869587983_31283023520853

safe_image.php?d=AQDa5maju8o8eBgt&w=500&

Free sprue of Halflings, mag is out friday I believe. I may as well buy a few copies from W H Smiths instead of ordering a few more sprues off ebay and waiting for them .. 

Has anybody tried the Raumjager bodies with Afghan heads at all? Might make good Tallarn proxies. 

Haven't tried that, might work. 

Wouldn't the heads be a little small? Some of the ww1 German heads seem almost too small on the Heroic scale bodies. 

I haven't tried, but looking at the Afghan heads it should work reasonably well, despite the different neck connection. The larger turban heads should work the best, in case the simpler heads look too small. The smaller heads are roughly the size of the female raumjager without helmet (narrower than the male ones), so it should be fine. Not sure though if the raumjager gear would be the best equivalent to tallarn specific wargear.