Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Wargames Atlantic] Eisenkern Stormtroopers, HWT Pre-Orders

Astra Militarum Imperial Guard Wargames Atlantic Third party miniatures

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Yeah I was thinking the Afghans would look ok as they are with a few imperial techy bits to make them look a little bit more 40k. 

• Warhead01 likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

Renders for the Halfling cav from this months Miniature Wargames magazine. They will make adorable Death Riders. 

med_gallery_75911_16694_518008.jpgmed_gallery_75911_16694_81856.jpg

• Warhead01, mithrilforge, GreenScorpion and 1 other like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

GreenScorpion

GreenScorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts

Some more experience with the kits:

• The Einherjar are a really nice kit and they could easily work as a "short" scion team, lots of details and loads of extra bits;
  • WW1 Germans are really nice as others have noted and with the details on the bodies, I actually felt that adding even more things on their waists and such was too much, they might look simple but they are really nice and detailed;
  • The persians are quite easy to build and the armoured versions would certainly look ok with parts from Raumjagers or Grognards for an IG conversion;
  • The fauns are really tall and have very thin but strong arms, but I think that escher arms would work well for modern beastmen/fauns (I will experiment with this today and post any feedback). The fauns are taller than 28mm humans but they are clearly the same scale in terms of proportions, which means they just look like tall people/creatures;
  • The centaurs are also a nice kit, only slightly taller than the fauns and are mostly compatible with the faun parts. The horse portion is more pony sized than horse sized, so it won't exactly look as big as a typical rough rider, but it will be bigger than a regular human. I haven't placed them on bases but I suppose 32 or 40 mm would look better with overall model. Like the fauns I will try to use escher arms and see if it works;

Also a note that the fauns and centaurs are on sale, if you are interested on making some conversions :)

GreenScorpion

GreenScorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts

Some examples of how Escher arms fit on fauns and centaurs:
hRA57ms.jpg

wKLMaMQ.jpg

Since the torsos are slightly narrower than the Escher ones, some of the two handed weapons can be a bit trickier to fit, but nothing serious and with some greenstuff it would likely fit perfectly as desired.

• mithrilforge and ranulf the revenant like this

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,895 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Shipping updates from WA. Things are moving, shipping is slow because all shipping is slow.
News letter here. 

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts

When the Grog heavy weapons actually show up Ill gladly take any sniper rifles going spare if people dont want them... ;) 

• Warhead01 likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,895 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

I'm looking forward to those snipers too. Just another few weeks give or take. Super excited!

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts

WGA are gonna bankrupt me this year, Grognards for my Commissar training squads/Scions, Grognard hvy weapons just because you cant have too much firepower, WW1 French (and Germans just for the gasmask heads) for my Krieg and Halflings/Halfling Cav just because I want a platoon of mini Kriegers and mini Valhallans. I only wanted a small Guard army as a break from painting Marines. :lol:

• CaptainFrederickson likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts

Sprue layout of the WW1 French, all the bits not on the sprue will be packaged as an extra sprue, thats a nice idea. 

WW1_French_Files_layout_02.jpg?v=1610430

and heres an image of someone kneeling... 

Berthier_Pose.jpg?v=1610430461

• Warhead01 and mithrilforge like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts

Quote from their Facebook page. 

''The Eisenkern Stormtroopers and Grognard Command and Heavy Support boxes have arrived in the US warehouse and the good folks at Bridge Distribution have begun to ship out pre-orders! We expect to have the same thing happening in the UK any day.

French Resistance and British Riflemen have reached the ports in Australia and New York (although it may still be a week or more before they are in the warehouse). The UK order just sailed past Crete and is due in the UK next week (but given the ongoing delays at Southampton they may take awhile to get to the warehouse)''

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,951 posts

For you guys in the UK, just discovered a stockist near me (its the local GW managers husband) that sells WGA stuff for ¬£20 a box instead of 25. 

Good geezer as well, cares about his customers. Check his store out, does a lot of stuff from various ranges and companies. 

https://www.rkstudio...games-atlantic†

• Vesalius likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Imperial Guard, Wargames Atlantic, Third party miniatures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users