Opinions on Flash Gitz

Zeke

WAAAAAGH!

*ahem* Excuse me.  First time Warboss here.  I decided to get into Orks during the Covid quarantine, and as everyone knows when you mix boredom and eBay together, you're in for a lot of models and a huge backlog.  

One of the lots I picked up off of eBay was a job lot of Nobz, and considering I already have 12, I was trying to decide what I could use them for.  Flash Gitz seemed to be an answer, but I wanted to know the consensus on them and any tips or tricks when it comes to running them.

Warboss Zeke

They were a decent choice for a while, even more so for Freebooterz... but for some reason 9th Edition brings them back to being WAY overcosted again. I really don't follow their logic, it's not like we're very well off in general, or have many good shooty units  to choose from. Good thing I didn't buy any yet I guess. I do really like the official models, but given the stupid amount of models I like and already have across all armies, what's the point anymore if it doesn't see the table. Especially as the box is priced way high compared to other ork infantry boxes. It's a shame, I really would've liked to do a "flash trukk" for some drive-by shooting.

Subjective rambling aside, yeah, they're again expensive for what they do. At 32 points per model they just don't have the durability to justify it, they're rather easily shot off the table. Their firepower is still nice, at least if they can stay put so as not to nerf their Ballistic Skill, which isn't a given given (hah) their 24" range.

• 7 months later...

Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka

They're great. Awesome models, dakka to boot and they maul marines for breakfast. Support with tankbustas and Lootas it's all good!

I haven’t used them, but will your army be a Freebooterz one? I’ve never seen anyone do it, and it would be a wonderful, colourful sight.

I came very close to Freebooterz but I ended up with Deathskulls.

Painting my FlashGitz was great fun!

to the OP they're my favourite boxset grab some plasticard square tubing and a box of nobs and mix them all up and make more :)

Maybe best option would be just MOAR NOBZ. So to have a good many dakka ones and a good many choppy ones, these being (2x) killsaw and/or big choppa armed.

Flash Gitz are great and so are the Flash Gitz minis so maybe you'd like to get 'em later.

Just my 2 teef.